1 (edited by Inda 2012-02-15 09:30:36)

Topic: ABOUT:The road to PBS: Terraforming (Help the DEVs)

Hi everyone!

I cant believe it there will be terraforming, PBS, dinamic spawns in the near future (probably in max 1-2 mounth, not official)

DEV Zoom asked us: "We’re still working on some of the details, and we’re of course eager to get some feedback from you as well."

So help to DEV s a bit to collect problems and ideas to here.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

2 (edited by Inda 2012-02-15 09:46:00)

Re: ABOUT:The road to PBS: Terraforming (Help the DEVs)

I will start

I saw 2 most interesting thing on the blog comments.

1. From: Azyre: Can we have Gamma 1, Gamma 2 islands ? as Gamma 1 is safe by syndicate Gamma 2 is pvp island

I am definately ON this, there are many people to want to doing things just for fun, so can be possible. But yes that also contain some problem.

2. From: Mark Zima: The dynamic ore spawn is a wrong idea

I undersatnd Zima, but I need to ask for more details the DEVs these ores will be changed when they "mined out" or there will be a timer to change like 1 mounth there will be static just then will change?
And I also see a problem, you make an area to you to live and then ores just change many times? I wold like to oposite you know the ores on the field and then make "fortress" to help mined out.

After I got some more info can be say more.

And an interesting an would be cool idea.
From: Kaldenines: "...I think some kind of device for going over impassible terrain would be in order. ... how about a carrier type floating platform which would move very slowly over any terrain but mechs would be able to dock in it. ..."

I like this idea but I would like to see these carrier to have low masking range, for the defenders can be see that in time.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

I like the dynamic ore spawn idea as it adds opportunities for a new profession: prospector. That way even new players can be usefull to veteran organizations. Sure, it takes away convenience, but convenience leads to stagnation and stagnation means death tongue

Regarding TF I have a mixed gutt feeling. Part of me says 'yay, ultimate power, ultimate sandbox!'. But if a feature can be abused in MMOs it will be abused. People will probably do hillarious things that will have unforseen consequences. But I guess without trying we'll never know...
I'd be very conservative regarding restrictions at first though to see what happens. Loosening restrictions is always easier than tightening them.

Stop making more threads about the same thing!

[Thread Derailed before it can begin.]

I AM NOT A GM™

5 (edited by Inda 2012-02-15 15:54:15)

Yes Alex you are right.

(So what I started looks like new one, because Arga post title is Terraforming, and DEVs treads I dont want to "spam"
But as you see I picked some idea and problem not exactly about Terraforming.)

What post we use?

Can everbody delete my post?

Energy to Earth!

Nothing like a good dev post to get the forums active again smile

Inda has new ideas in here, so either just let them roll, or merge the two threads.

Argas thread focuses more on Abuse, This one is focusing on player feed back

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Produce some approximation of a working territory control system BEFORE PBS. Unless you're planning on having multiple completely different mechanics to the point where Beta & Gamma are two different games, in which case..... Still fix the damn thing

As it stands now the DEV's are backing themselves into a massive, yes MASSIVE corner.

What they, and ONLY they, need to figure out is the two or three year plan for the game, and then work backwards from that point.

My thoughts are to roll this back to the DEV's as they have to come up with this plan FIRST then we can chime in.

neutral

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

You wanna help? - Stop throw ideas to DeVs.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...