Re: searching for a game

Arga wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

I think the future of MMO games will be the hybrid mix of Sand theme, like Archage.

Archage looks very intersting.

I am watching this one. While it will have open world pvp, it will not be full loot. Lets face it when developers do FFA full loot it tends to create a world with very few players.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

true, without full loot, player built stuff isn't as important since it doesn't get lost, but archage is adding in 'things' to build like houses and boats(?) too, that should give crafters plenty to do, without having to support pvp'ers habit of losing things on the battlefield.

does it meet the listed criterias?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

its not sci fi

Arga wrote:

true, without full loot, player built stuff isn't as important since it doesn't get lost, but archage is adding in 'things' to build like houses and boats(?) too, that should give crafters plenty to do, without having to support pvp'ers habit of losing things on the battlefield.

You can do a lot in this game. You can build a house, farm, castle, boat, ship and on and on...

Arga wrote:

its not sci fi

And no twitched based combat. But I can ignore that because all the rest it does have to offer.

Oh and you can go to jail for crimes. LOL.

33 (edited by Gremrod 2012-02-18 01:23:07)

Main Archeage site: http://www.archeage.com/en

Class and Custom Classes: http://www.archeage.com/en/contents/gam … ability/11

Recent CB4 Mass PvP and building: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr2G7C1jm0I

Then its a non-factor for me. SciFi is actually the key-factor. Even a Korean Big-boob-scifi game like "Queensblade" has more appeal to me then any elf/orc or medieval or ww2 theme...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

35 (edited by Gremrod 2012-02-18 01:35:27)

Annihilator wrote:

Then its a non-factor for me. SciFi is actually the key-factor. Even a Korean Big-boob-scifi game like "Queensblade" has more appeal to me then any elf/orc or medieval or ww2 theme...

Oh. that is too bad. This looks like it is going to be really good. But who knows when it will reach EU and US.

36 (edited by Arga 2012-02-18 01:31:43)

maybe if they do archage right, someone will do the same with a steampunk version

Edit: Anyone Remember Traveller, like 1st ed. D&D but sci fi.  Traveller-online, that would be cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traveller_(game)

We played this in jr. high, our GM would always end up putting us in a gun fight in a bar... ah, the good ole' days.

Yeah I remember Traveler, but never played it. My friends and I played Gamma World!

38 (edited by Gremrod 2012-02-18 01:47:02)

Archage

• mmo - YES
    shared world, not only a lobby

• pve and pvp YES

• action based - NO - not twitch based.
    twitch based, hack&slay elements, long dogfights. something like that.
    not walking/flying for hours that getting one-shot killed and having to start all over again

• scifi - NO - No orcs though.
    no ork&elf fantasy, no WWII. no uncreative setups.

• meaningfull pve - YES
    no grinding the same ever and ever respawning in same place npcs for a quest loot or some XP.

• pvp not much different from pve - Not sure on this one.
    If the reason to kill an npc or another player differs to much, one of it cant be fun. (one for grind, one for grief?)

• pve not beeing just the leveling ground for pvp sandbox endgame - NO

• Crafting - YES, but I would think you will have to craft all the time maybe. Not sure since they have a labor system and you can sell the labor points to other players.

Crafting as something you can do, but not have to.  I dont like crafting where you always know 100% exactly what you will get at the end. Neither do i like where crafting is bound to P2Win shop...

Now I'm womdering what happend to my trav. box set... bet I left it at Bill's house, and he just kept it

-.-

30 years later, just let it go Arga, let it go.

Arga wrote:

Now I'm womdering what happend to my trav. box set... bet I left it at Bill's house, and he just kept it

-.-

30 years later, just let it go Arga, let it go.

grumbling old fart tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

did someone say big boob sci fi?   smile

This is open world sci fi, but not MMO

http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Its in playable alpha discounted purchase

Archage looks a little different, but its still a hack and slash game. Very little technology involved, so not for me. The future is the way to go, but there are still too many people who would trade a gun and electron shield for a sword and wood or metal shield. And the funny part is, they like that mainly because its the exact opposite of who they really are. But thats ok too, thats what 'fantasy' is all about.

top down 2d combat....out the window with that..lol HEY DEVS.. make me a game, I'll give you the specs here:
1) immersive 3d, the very best
2) first person all the way, make me feel I'm really there
3)good pve action make it seem hard to get ahead
4) make pvp unnecessary, make enough enemys of varying toughness for every taste
5)ship, lots of ships, to be bought traded or captured
6) planetary action as well,give me the choice to fight in space, or land and take a day off sitting around the lake drinking beer
7)character to character immersion as well, no drop down boxes, make things voice controlled and activated, let the characters talk to you instead (by voice controlled I do not mean ships, just actions with people)
8)rep based interaction, make rep important enough that those if experience and a good rep get things that are higher up the technology level those that dont EARN things dont get them no shortcuts
9) open sandbox after the storyline, if the universe is still there that is
10)politics in game, rules against monopolies of trade, max numbers of stations allowed in an area, payoffs to politicians that sometimes backfires and costs you for illegal bribes..etc make it a world where the game needs a warning saying :"This is not reality, go eat something and get some sleep" Maybe have a nice little captains cabin where my character automatically goes and lays down after hours and hours of play, until I leave the game and come back, after getting something to eat or a good nights sleep..lol THAT'S a serious game world.:lol:

Maybe someone can explain to me why many people seem to want a game where NPCs seem as real as possible, instead of just interacting with actual people?

Dazamin wrote:

Maybe someone can explain to me why many people seem to want a game where NPCs seem as real as possible, instead of just interacting with actual people?

Can you explain why so many peaple seem to want a game that has grafics as real as possible, instead of leaving their house and interacting with the actual world?

Annihilator wrote:
Dazamin wrote:

Can you explain why so many peaple seem to want a game that has grafics as real as possible, instead of leaving their house and interacting with the actual world?

Because if you grief people in the actual world you might go to jail?

Dazamin wrote:

Because actual people don't take arrows to their knees?

HKO pretty much fits all your criteria.

Ganking people irl has serious consequences.

Maybe if we lived in a post apoctolyptic world it would be viable yarr

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.