Topic: 2880 ep for deleation

What a farse , since i am new I am being punished game time for deleating char's . I created 3 because wanted to see what i want to play dealted 1 because it was a dup to my other and had troble getting started . then on my other char found out that the school tree wasn't for me , so goes another char and my 3rd well I might keep dont know yet . So i am going to loose 4 days game time (so far).
  I was just starting to enjoy the game , this realy ticks me off ! This is one problem with time exp game if you dont get in early you get left behind. So 6 days may not seem like alot (really 8 because you wait 24 hrs for the char to be deleated.
So every char dealeated you loose 3 days times 3 char its 9 days of exp . If this is the case you should advance schools as you go along so you know what to expect  because as a beginner you have no clue as to these schools.  .
   Thanks for the kick in the butt ! also getting alot of disconnects lately as I progress up the food chain it gets worse. Most likely ride out my subscription because of this char deleation
thing. But anys days with no EP is not right. I would understand this if you have x amount of game time in before it takes effect. I didnt relize this was comming or would have dealted them sooner.

Re: 2880 ep for deleation

This change was announced in the 11-25 patch notes first. Since then it has been mentioned in the 11-26 patch notes, announced on 12-01 in an ingame news item, announced multiple times on the login screen, and been talked about on the forums.

I think we did everything so players know about this change and I'm sorry if you missed all this.

3 (edited by Gremrod 2010-12-08 21:32:08)

There was a reason for this, but this solution was a knee jerk reaction.

Too many people were making alts and farming light bots etc.

They should have limited the account to have the ability to run the beginning missions 1-10 once not once per character.

Unless there was another reason for it.....

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

I don't even understand why you would farm the tutorial missions...it's easier to farm geo assignments then when you can afford a sequer, switch to transport assignments.

Gremrod wrote:

There was a reason for this, but this solution was a knee jerk reaction.

Too many people were making alts and farming light bots etc.

I agree completely - something needed to be done, but this doesn't seem like the best way to have handled it.

Transient Shadowsteel wrote:

I don't even understand why you would farm the tutorial missions...it's easier to farm geo assignments then when you can afford a sequer, switch to transport assignments.

If you're a combat pilot why would you skill for a sequer? That's a waste of EP. Farming tutorial missions was much easier, and netted you ~400k NIC + 2 light bots.

The solution does seem harsh on newbies wanting to reroll to get better attributes.

It fixes some other things like farming alts for the kill list, the starting 20k nic and deleting spies besides the tutorial farming. They should find a better way to do it, you shouldn't be punished for deleting a character. Find a way to put limits on accounts. Only let people do the tutorial once or twice, only let an account be in one guild only, no kill credit if your logged in at the same IP, etc. Getting penalized for messing up the starting stats and rerolling doesn't sit well with the majority. Be nice to the newbs or they won't stick around.

the preorder crowd have 3-4 weeks headstart in ep on ppp starting now (like me last Saturday) they are set up raking their money building assault bots but so i don't see them needing to farm the tutorials. The change affects players who haven't managed to get into the right corps/just starting now and haven't had the luxury to try out all the builds/options. Next they will stop newbies from going to beta islands in arkhes (yeah cos taking your best bot there anda fighting squads of 6 ppl from same corp is pvp according to m2s/axe) this game has already happened the boat has sailed the elite (early access crowd) will not let anyone else in and since the pop is so small the devs HAVE to cater to their whims for me its bye

9 (edited by Vorgrim Scout 2010-12-09 10:32:33)

Agent creation is quite detailed and self explanatory.

I fail to see how someone could completely mess up their starting traits unless they have some kind of serious mental deficiency.

If you picked the "wrong" megacorp, its not even a big deal switching at this point. I am doing it mysef and its costing me 5 1/4 days EP (7570 EP). No big deal. My alt is Termis stable (50kish EP) and I probably won't ever mine again if I can help it. Do you see me crying?

Deal with your mistakes or get a new account. You can't expect AC to break their game to cater to the whims of forum whiners.

Vorgrim Scout wrote:

I fail to see how someone could completely mess up their starting traits unless they have some kind of serious mental deficiency.

It doesn't tell you anything about how your attributes effect your skill costs, it doesn't tell you how damn slow EP acquisition is, it doesn't tell you that you can never ever change your attributes, or even spent EP for that matter, and it doesn't tell you that if you do mess up it will cost 2k EP to restart and it doesn't tell you that you wont get 20k ep each time.

Its not really until you've played the game for a week that you actually learn these thing, by which time you've probably already spent your 20k EP.

But, it does seem to be some strategy they've developed to encourage multiple account creation, very under hand but i suppose they must be desperate for the cash.

Yes, its all just a ploy to get everyone to buy 10 accounts.  We're on to you, AC!

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

12 (edited by Vorgrim Scout 2010-12-09 10:53:50)

It does tell you that attributes effect skills, if you look.
If I am creating an agent, picking his schooling and past (RP), I assume that its not something I can change on a whim.
Everyone gets EP at the same rate.

Consider what the game would be like if any player could delete their agent with no penalty, get all of their EP back and carry on. With the way Perp is based on economy, no one would trust anyone, however long they had been in corp, they could simply steal everything they have access to and make a new agent with no tarnish to their new shiney reputation. There would be little diversity in peoples builds because everyone would be in fotm builds.

Realise that your frivolous agent creation is not an issue with the game, but catering to your whims would be.

I would like to see a big red dialogue box pop up on agent creation explaining the permanence of decisions and urging the player to read the forums before continuing. A similar thing should happen when opening the extensions menu for the first time. I may even write a guide when I get home this afternoon.

13 (edited by Moran 2010-12-09 11:10:01)

Vorgrim Scout wrote:

If you picked the "wrong" megacorp, its not even a big deal switching at this point. I am doing it mysef and its costing me 5 1/4 days EP (7570 EP). No big deal. My alt is Termis stable (50kish EP) and I probably won't ever mine again if I can help it. Do you see me crying?

Deal with your mistakes or get a new account. You can't expect AC to break their game to cater to the whims of forum whiners.

thats the most *** post i have ever read and i read many: so instead of making the time between creation and deletion of a character longer (hence making farming lot less viable) you punish the people who didn't read the fine print? its stupid counterproductive and smells of laziness It basically forces you to get a new account because the 3 characters you created can not be replaced without losing 2 days. So basically you get to make 3 characters per account which you can never change and if you screwed up tough luck 10 bucks please

what i dont understand, is why are ppl complaining about the ep penalty, when it was announced SOMETIME before it was enforced ?

you knew the penalty would occur, so you had ample time to delete your 'test' chrs withou incurring any penalty...

strange...some ppl will never be happy.

<read the news>

~M~

In the echelons of human history, legend spoke of the Messiah, who would lead the lost, from the darkness, into the light...

~Don't say you weren't warned~

because its a stupid penalty it effectively stops you from deleting characters ever

There is a spark switch feature planned apparently.

If sparks are made to weigh more heavily in extension costs, though how much exactly is up for debate, then the option to change your spark at some given interval would be a godsend for people who feel they have screwed up, or just change their minds about how they want to develop their agent.

Consider it like switching courses at college. You may be behind others, or if you switched late enough, have to do more years but you are not locked into the choice you made at 16 for your whole life.

i dont know why you have to create three agents "to test everything out" at all.

everything can be tested with a single agent.
mining + production
combat with two weapon types. (turret, missiles)

for that you need a single combat orientated agent, and spend only a few ep to enable all weapons and faction robots.

and the result won't differ from creating several test agents at all (imho, the EP costs will be even smaller)

well i think M2S need to be able to create lots of agents, so that they can multibox to get high up the ranks in most dangerous agent.

NEoxx has already confessed that is how they do it..lol..multi box..lmao..so sad.

<anything for recognition>

~M~

In the echelons of human history, legend spoke of the Messiah, who would lead the lost, from the darkness, into the light...

~Don't say you weren't warned~

19 (edited by Red Five 2010-12-09 19:27:36)

Mark my words, Devs will change this *** policy.

Stop costing yourselves subs, Devs. People new to games just dive in and screw up. If they are penalised for this they shrug their shoulders and find another game to try out.

Zoom just cos you announce your *** policy a lot wont stop people here complaining about it. As stated 3 or 4 times by others. it was knee jerk and ill-thought through.

Hasn't effected me in the slightest by the way. Just helping out the ignorant n00bs

Messiyah wrote:

well i think M2S need to be able to create lots of agents, so that they can multibox to get high up the ranks in most dangerous agent.

NEoxx has already confessed that is how they do it..lol..multi box..lmao..so sad.

<anything for recognition>

~M~

i know right?

<i do this because it's cool>

~G~

you make 3 combat chars to test all factions ( i do in most mmos) then after few days you realize you need a miner and a producer its not so hard to lose 2 days ep or more .ppl don't even bother doing the first tutorial that pops up in the game then ask stupid questions in chat you gonna charge EP for that too? and if you think the 4 days ep is not important why not ask the devs to remove the bonus ep you got for early access.

Unfortunately RODO is not the last newb who will run into this. There needs to be some kind of BIG RED LETTER alert before you create your characters that says:

PLEASE BE CAREFUL AS DELETING THE CHARACTER COSTS 2800 Extension Points.

23 (edited by Bob Arctor 2010-12-11 05:47:58)

Bullis wrote:

you make 3 combat chars to test all factions ( i do in most mmos) then after few days you realize you need a miner and a producer its not so hard to lose 2 days ep or more .ppl don't even bother doing the first tutorial that pops up in the game then ask stupid questions in chat you gonna charge EP for that too? and if you think the 4 days ep is not important why not ask the devs to remove the bonus ep you got for early access.

Dear unknown alt,

No.

Moran wrote:

because its a stupid penalty it effectively stops you from deleting characters ever

Havent you gone yet drama queen, jeebus.

@OP, i think the devs should offer some sort of wildcard option, i.e. frack i deleted a character, can i get it re-instated EXACTLY as it was when i deleted it.

There is no messing up a character at creation unless you went politics tongue  You can train any skill my old EvE titan pilot is an almost maxed out miner/builder, guess what i respecc'd him.  Live with your choices, man up and accept consequence of actions

Jelan wrote:
Moran wrote:

Havent you gone yet drama queen, jeebus.

@OP, i think the devs should offer some sort of wildcard option, i.e. frack i deleted a character, can i get it re-instated EXACTLY as it was when i deleted it.

There is no messing up a character at creation unless you went politics tongue  You can train any skill my old EvE titan pilot is an almost maxed out miner/builder, guess what i respecc'd him.  Live with your choices, man up and accept consequence of actions

did someone from m2s just call me a drama queen? lol