Topic: [2012-02-14] Active accounts extended by 3 days

Probably most of you are aware of the recent DDOS-attacks against the Perpetuum servers. They seem to have stopped now, but we have and still are taking steps to strengthen our defenses against these kinds of attacks in the future.

To compensate for lost game time, we have decided to extend all active accounts (including trial accounts) by 3 days, effective after today's patch.

We'd like to say a big thank you to all our players for their continued support through these times, even when they couldn't even log in and play.

Re: [2012-02-14] Active accounts extended by 3 days

Thank You Zoom \O/ hopefully we have seen the last of the attacks

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

I support this message and or service!

Thank you DEVs, you can always count on my Axe smile

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

cheers smile

Thanks for the extra game time Devs!

Lonwolf
NSE
"What we do in life, echoes into eternity!" --Gladiator

Thanks, and lets hope the counter measures work so your time can be invested in more fun stuff smile

Did you say todays patch smile Woo!

Congrats on finally researching T4 DDOS counter modules, hope you can get those into production soon wink

Give me EP instead.

Extended Play albums, Trance, for everyone!

Jasdemi wrote:

Give me EP instead.

i dont need 3 extra days. but maybe you can ban this damn stupid toll for lifetime. would be a great service to humanity.

11 (edited by Jasdemi 2012-02-15 14:37:31)

Syrissa wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

Give me EP instead.

i dont need 3 extra days. but maybe you can ban this damn stupid toll for lifetime. would be a great service to humanity.

I apologize that I haven't trolled you yet. I'm awesome, but not almighty. I have no time trolling no-names.

Time Trolls!

Sounds like the perfect name for a new 2D scrolling adventure.

i don't understand the "cheers" in this thread (unless it's 'cause the ddos is gone, in which case i'm there along with you)....i spent at least 2 weeks being unable to log-in and play due to the threat of ddos, a credit of 3 days i think is a slap in the face, this is horse ***,

devs please credit back the amount i paid for and was unable to play the game.

14 (edited by Alexander 2012-02-15 21:03:00)

Morkani01 wrote:

i don't understand the "cheers" in this thread (unless it's 'cause the ddos is gone, in which case i'm there along with you)....i spent at least 2 weeks being unable to log-in and play due to the threat of ddos, a credit of 3 days i think is a slap in the face, this is horse ***,

devs please credit back the amount i paid for and was unable to play the game.

You ungrateful little.. No. Never mind.
The game was attacked (Not a direct fault of the devs) and they have decided to return game time (Probably equal to the number of hours it was down).

While we mostly did live in fear of the next attack which meant many of us did not play. If we had played then any containers, robots or items lost were refunded. Now the time has been refunded and with assurances that steps are being taken to hopefully limit the event in the future.

You gained EP during the times you were unable to play and that has not been taken away. The devs could have simply labelled the attack and downtime and given you nothing.

Last 2 weeks? It's been fine for atleast a week now, or so it feels.

Shaedys wrote:

not the "last" 2 weeks, i said at "lEast" 2 weeks

i raised this concern in another thread that they were gonna pull this ***, and just refund the amount of time exactly the game was down instead of the spread of time the game was unplayable, i know a lot of european players didn't experience the ddos attacks like we did on the US side, during our play time you could count on the ddos attacks inturrupting our gameplay, i spent many a day off work (i had bronchitis during these attacks) but could not play the game when these attacks occured.

Morkani01 wrote:

and just refund the amount of time exactly the game was down

The overall sum of downtimes was much less than 3 days.

18 (edited by Alexander 2012-02-15 21:35:35)

Morkani01 wrote:
Shaedys wrote:

not the "last" 2 weeks, i said at "lEast" 2 weeks

i raised this concern in another thread that they were gonna pull this ***, and just refund the amount of time exactly the game was down instead of the spread of time the game was unplayable, i know a lot of european players didn't experience the ddos attacks like we did on the US side, during our play time you could count on the ddos attacks inturrupting our gameplay, i spent many a day off work (i had bronchitis during these attacks) but could not play the game when these attacks occured.

Poor thing.. You should have been resting.
I was also very badly effected by these attacks and stopped playing the game while it was being attacked however I continued to subscribe. Now the devs have refunded the time the game was down for (Plus a bit extra)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Morkani01 wrote:

3 days/1day, whatever YOUR math breaks it down to, please don't feel like you're doing anyone a favor by refunding 3 bleeping days, it's a slap in the face and you know it. you know the game was unplayable for the majority of the 2 or more weeks the ddos attacks were happening.

example: I work for the cable company and last year, during the superbowl at halftime someone cut a fibre optic cable dropping tv service for about 4 hours, we had over 40,000 subscribers miss the last half of the game. do you think my company determined a credit for the cost of the service (about 60$) divided by 30 (2$) divided by 24 hours (.09 cents) times the 4 hours? (.27 cents)?, NO, we gave a flat $20 to each sub and even though it wasn't my company's fault, (someone else cut the cable) we still lost a lot of subscribers, my company credited back 1/3 of a months worth of service for 4 hours of downtime because it was the right thing to do.

you know what you're doing is wrong, and even though i don't blame you for the ddos attacks, it's your responsibility to provide credit for the amount of time we were unable to play the game, i paid for a months worth of service on all my accounts and recieved a little less than 1/2 a months worth of play.

Morkani01 wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Morkani01 wrote:

3 days/1day, whatever YOUR math breaks it down to, please don't feel like you're doing anyone a favor by refunding 3 bleeping days, it's a slap in the face and you know it. you know the game was unplayable for the majority of the 2 or more weeks the ddos attacks were happening.

example: I work for the cable company and last year, during the superbowl at halftime someone cut a fibre optic cable dropping tv service for about 4 hours, we had over 40,000 subscribers miss the last half of the game. do you think my company determined a credit for the cost of the service (about 60$) divided by 30 (2$) divided by 24 hours (.09 cents) times the 4 hours? (.27 cents)?, NO, we gave a flat $20 to each sub and even though it wasn't my company's fault, (someone else cut the cable) we still lost a lot of subscribers, my company credited back 1/3 of a months worth of service for 4 hours of downtime because it was the right thing to do.

you know what you're doing is wrong, and even though i don't blame you for the ddos attacks, it's your responsibility to provide credit for the amount of time we were unable to play the game, i paid for a months worth of service on all my accounts and recieved a little less than 1/2 a months worth of play.

Oh come on, you could have played in between the ddos attacks like I did. For a measly 6-7$/ month sub and such a small company how can you expect anymore.

RIP PERPETUUM

TOG whines once again...

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO POKI

*official mascot of NeX*

Morkani01 wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Morkani01 wrote:

No.. you received the game time plus some for your months sub... It's your fault for not logging in.

Let's see:
I am a US timezone player
I was able to log in more times then not ( I certainly didn't lose 3 days of play time!)
I mined
I manufactured
I farmed NPC
I violenced other's bots

Damn... Sounds like I did everything I normally do.......

Devs-- Don't let this TOOL misrepresent the fact that the majority of the player base appreciates the extra 3 days of game time and the effort that went into solving the ddos issue.

Inappropriate signature.

gametime = EP

they gave us 3 days for zero lost EP...

what else do you want? (say "jasdemi banned"...)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Scyylla wrote:

No.. you received the game time plus some for your months sub... It's your fault for not logging in.

Let's see:
I am a US timezone player
I was able to log in more times then not ( I certainly didn't lose 3 days of play time!)
I mined
I manufactured
I farmed NPC
I violenced other's bots

Damn... Sounds like I did everything I normally do.......

Devs-- Don't let this TOOL misrepresent the fact that the majority of the player base appreciates the extra 3 days of game time and the effort that went into solving the ddos issue.

resorting to name calling, that's mature....

i have a legitimate concern about how much time I am being reimbursed, if you feel your gametime wasn't interfered with i respect that, but my gametime WAS interfered with for much more than 3 days, i'm not asking for a handout, only what's right, and I was unable to play the game for 2 weeks, i expressed concern in another thread about how it will be reinbursed, part of the reason i was asking in that thread was to determine if i would resub all my accounts while i wait for it to be fixed, i specifically asked weither they would just add the downtime together and reimburse for that, or if we would be reimbursed for the period of time the attacks were happening, about 2-3 weeks. dev zoom skirted that "specific" question with a statement "dev garag already said there would be reinbursement", (hardly clear to my specific question), but other posters stated devs are always fair and err on the side of caution.

that does not appear to be what has happened in this case, the dev's figured out what is the minimum amount they can credit and have given that credit carte' blanche. (i hear the amount of downtime was "far less" than 3 days, i'd like to see that, but in any case, attacks were daily and for a significant portion of the time i am able to play. For me, a credit 1-2 weeks is what i would call fair. i'm not asking for a month's credit for the "inconvience" as my customers always ask for at work, but only for the weeks i could not play.

25 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-02-16 07:11:34)

Morkani01 wrote:

resorting to name calling, that's mature....

i have a legitimate concern about how much time I am being reimbursed, if you feel your gametime wasn't interfered with i respect that, but my gametime WAS interfered with for much more than 3 days, i'm not asking for a handout, only what's right, and I was unable to play the game for 2 weeks, i expressed concern in another thread about how it will be reinbursed, part of the reason i was asking in that thread was to determine if i would resub all my accounts while i wait for it to be fixed, i specifically asked weither they would just add the downtime together and reimburse for that, or if we would be reimbursed for the period of time the attacks were happening, about 2-3 weeks. dev zoom skirted that "specific" question with a statement "dev garag already said there would be reinbursement", (hardly clear to my specific question), but other posters stated devs are always fair and err on the side of caution.

that does not appear to be what has happened in this case, the dev's figured out what is the minimum amount they can credit and have given that credit carte' blanche. (i hear the amount of downtime was "far less" than 3 days, i'd like to see that, but in any case, attacks were daily and for a significant portion of the time i am able to play. For me, a credit 1-2 weeks is what i would call fair. i'm not asking for a month's credit for the "inconvience" as my customers always ask for at work, but only for the weeks i could not play.

2 weeks?? suck to be you.

So you want A.C. to give you a weeks play time for free? A.C. was a victim as much as us. Would you expect a car rental company to give you a cash payment if your local petrol station ran out of fuel? doubt it.

It seems like you have a common problem in this world.. the "im the most important person here i need  looked after like a prince".

The devs have probably given out $1000s of dollars worth in compensation thru game time. Plus the time & money they have spent trying to fix the issue.

Are you going to want A.C. to refund you game time when your power drops next?
Oh what about if your ISP stuffs up? do you want more game time for that?

Do your corp  a favor & stop being such a whinny little ****

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue