Topic: prevent ppl from harvesting the same plant

I've checked this with Helioptris plants only: It is possible for two ppl to harvest the same plant. This shouldn't be possible because it opens the chance to gank ppl with less developed extensions.

Say a highly developed player deploys a field container next to a bunch of plants. Then because these plants are the next to a terminal/outpost, someone who just got a Laird arrives and respectfully targets a plant which the other doesn't. Chances are that the high level harvester claims these plants for himself so he starts to always target the plants which the low level harvester does. This of course to drive him away. He will eventually succeed because the high level harvester has probably double the cycle time so the low level harvester will hardly be able to fill his cargo. The situation gets even worse as groups of Helioptris plants get rare.

The problem is similar to multitagging, but the solution is different. Of course, if harvesting the same plant was impossible, the one with the lowest locking time wins. But as plants aren't being tagged, the low level harvester has a chance to lock a plant the high level player doesn't expect.

The same would apply (haven't checked this) to ore/liquid fields although it isn't that much of a problem because these fields are mostly very large. Still it is possible piss off low level players.

If this gets serious, you will have people leaving with one thing in mind: "What a *** comunity".

Re: prevent ppl from harvesting the same plant

Move to beta and blow up anything that tries to harvest your plants.  Problem solved.

People will compete for everything if they are given a chance.  You obviously dont understand the concept of competition in a game like this.  Everything you do is pvp.  If you're getting that plant and he has to walk further away to harvest another plant, you're doing it faster than him.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Neoxx wrote:

Move to beta and blow up anything that tries to harvest your plants.  Problem solved.
People will compete for everything if they are given a chance.  You obviously dont understand the concept of competition in a game like this.  Everything you do is pvp.  If you're getting that plant and he has to walk further away to harvest another plant, you're doing it faster than him.

Funny thing is I see lots of AXE players farming resources on the Alpha islands. And they do suck up all Helioptris plants next to Terminals and Outposts. So why are they doing this if they could have their competition on the Beta islands?

Alpha islands are there for a reason. It is to keep new players coming. So competition has it's limits. Or why else did they introduce the tagging system?

The game won't survive for long with only lots of players. You need tons of players for a healthy market. And you won't achieve that if you have ppl leaving fast because they have a very hard time to develop.

They're afraid of getting blown up on beta, and would rather bully people like you on alpha.

Looks like AXE won this thread.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Believe me, the whining about the plants will start sooner or later. And no, I'm not whining. This is just a warning wink

Despite faster harvesting cycles, the older player couldnt deplete the plant without the new player getting a few cycles in. 

No way to avoid big corps harvesting in alpha islands.. however, once resources are depleted and scarce enough it will be worth their while to harvest on beta isles.  There will be a natural balance and I don't think newbies will ever be completely out-harvested because at the end of the day the older players will expect certain returns on their efforts.

From what I've observed of this game, it tries to keep things in that make sense i.e. needing to move your stuff if you want to re-base. If farmer A saw someone grabbing from the community tree and farmer B wants apples too, well no one has ownership of the tree and it's a free for all.

If you want to harvest you'll need to move out of the very first station. I remember a spot on Daodan that was next to a teleporter that I was able to farm for hours and all I saw where a handful of people passing me to do missions. Personally I'm on Beta because our alliance has military control of the station, thus making the plant ours.

If you don't like anyone taking your tree remember two things:
1) The tree is not yours
2)stop being lazy and look for a good patch

Its easy to argue once you have reached mech status or are in a big corp. Those who start have neither. It sometimes seems that ppl forget that we still need more newcomers.

I no longer use an Argano nor a Laird and I have more than one medium miner/harvester module per bot. So I am not arguing from the I-need-help point of view.