Topic: Had such high hopes

Not much to say but to say the same old thing....best game that COULD have been.  You have such a great opportunity to build a fantastic MMO but you allow so many things to stand in your way.  I can not figure out if your dev group lacks any ability to see how various tools would be used before you release them in the game, or if you just expect everyone that pays you every month to believe that "wow we didn't see that coming!  Guess we will just screw the ones that use what we come up with and see if they are full of forgiveness again."

Every time you bait players to think that you are going to make outer areas of the game (beta for now) worth living on and fighting for, you go and introduce mechanics that are in complete opposite from what you say you want to do.  I could list all that comes to mind, but I think you only need to look through the forums to see the disappointment in your players.  It is sad, you have the base to do so much.

This is not an "I am leaving so screw you," post.  It is a, "why do you think you are the lowest subscribed MMO available and have lost so many subscribers?" post.  The trolls will grab this and point fingers at whatever, but I challenge them not to point it right back at the development of the game.

I hope beyond all hope that you pull it together, but I doubt that you will.  I continue to run three accounts and will do so in blind determination that you create something special here.  I would ask you as professionally as possible to find a direction, to not let the trolls and whining make you change your vision every time you implement something, or that you sell your product to a mature group that will deliver on even a fraction of the potential of this game.

Re: Had such high hopes

Stop with the whining already, Jesus you abused a broken mechanic and it got fixed.  Your last para is the best telling the devs to not listen to the trolls and whiners... Which is exactly what your post is lol

Is this the lowest subscribed MMO available?
It is the lowest subscribed MMO you know of(otherwise you wouldn't have said that).
But there could be MMO's with lower subscribers, also given that we don't know the actual subscriber count.
These MMO's would just fly way under the radar.
Star sonata was always less populated then this when I used to play.(looong time ago)

This post might actually have some kinda of believability if it were not for the simple fact, that now that its your side who is getting "screwed" over in the sense, all is unwell in the game.  The bias here is unnerving.

I can recall, in very short term memory here, of the great cry's of when all of this was switched around.  Your side wanted nothing to do with making beta "better" as that would just help your unholy enemy.  Now its all switched around you want to cry wolf and demand something gets better or your pulling out, sure you didn't quite say it in so few of words but its in there. 

Well I'm here to tell you, it really didn't work out for the team that tried that with the Dev's the last time, and Bro, its not going to work this time.

If you think any of that is going to change your a fool in the first place.  You expect the Team to NAIL every patch, without such a problem, I have Wonderful news! This will never happen, guess what people make mistakes, what looks good on paper doesn't always work. 
With all the aside you want the people who "exploit" said problems to be rewarded?  What?  Really?

Do you really feel the Dev's cant see through all the BS that's out there?  They know exactly whats going on, they have had this song and dance for about 4 times now.

Oh well, I guess stupid people don't learn.

I HAVE high hopes for this game, always will continue do have said thoughts.

Flame on....

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

IMO food in this was depleted after first 50 heavies was down. Its endgame: in t4 heavies, what could be achieved in 2-3 month of team gameplay.
I still have high hopes in PBS

6 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-02-12 14:01:35)

Man this is a moment BUT.. i agree with 01100111000011110010 (counts the 1s & 0s .. damn u tongue ) & Alexadar. You went mad with a brand new mechanic & got upset when the devs made changes.... what the hell do you expect to happen? New stuff always gets a nerf or a buff within a short time after going live.
Do you think your the only person Takeo who spent money on walls?? nope.

People have been Nay sayers about this game for a long time & yes i have had my moments aswell.. but guess what?
ITS STILL HERE! big_smile
when mistakes are made by the devs for that what ever reason, i prefer to see them fixed. Not left in game broken because some players "might get butt hurt & leave".

As Alexadar said I still have high hopes for PBS, tho im trying to keep things in perspective knowing that were probably not going to get it all in one hit i have faith in the devs.

over the time ive been in this game i seen time & again posts & threads like this. From people that want more out of the game. more this more that.... Expecting the devs to pump out content like stEVE has....
This thread is nothing more than a whinny, QQ, dooms day, my voice matters more than the rest & or full of dubious statements & statistics all topped off with a tone of sour grapes.
IS this the first thread like this? nope & i doubt it will be the last.
Say what you will thats what this thread is.

PS. can i has your stuff? wink

PSS. this thread is a trolls heaven... I really dont get why you bother?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Takeo, if you cry hard enough they might bring back broken mechanics for you to exploit! big_smile

I was hoping to have this kind of response.  Dev's look at the mental average of the ones that responded, this is your client base.

Instead of pointing the finger at the ones that should have enough foresight to see how something new would be used (failed again) they want to flame at other players.  Just proves what I expected.  You think this is about walls, but it is so far from that.  It is about so many things that make a player want to play a particular game.  This one keeps shooting itself in the foot, and at the expense of the ones subscribing to it.

I do think you (development) have shown the inability to see how mechanics can be used and therefore introduce wild ideas with few limits, with the intent to change them or remove them soon after they are placed.  This is called beta, and the other games I am involved in that are in beta don't cost me anything to play.  You are at best, in a beta testing phase.

To those that want to point fingers and troll the bearer of bad news....Flame on!  I, like you, like the games potencial, but how many times must we take the 3 steps forward then two steps back to even make up any ground?

Again, please sell your product to a group that can give it direction.

9 (edited by 0110011100001111001010001 2012-02-12 19:47:35)

I cant believe that you believe that you believe what your typing...really.  Look at yourself in the mirror.

Oh No's you called me a idiot over the Internets it must be true! 

"Instead of pointing the finger at the ones that should have enough foresight to see how something new would be used (failed again) they want to flame at other players. "

Really, if your THIS stupid, again you deserve what you got.  You basically USED a exploit of spamming, and then EXPECTED it NOT TO GET NERFED.

All I can say is...WTF REALLY?  WOW

GF HAVE FUN>

P.S. Yea I'm mad at your stupidity.  Really Mad.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011

10 (edited by Takeo Prime 2012-02-12 20:27:29)

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:

I cant believe that you believe that you believe what your typing...really.  Look at yourself in the mirror.

"Instead of pointing the finger at the ones that should have enough foresight to see how something new would be used (failed again) they want to flame at other players. "

Really, if your THIS stupid, again you deserve what you got.  You basically USED a exploit of spamming, and then EXPECTED it NOT TO GET NERFED.

GF HAVE FUN>

Bianary, please seriously believe me when I tell you that as long as I have been in the game and on the forum, and talked with those that have talked with you on TS...you are the laughing stock of the server.  Nobody has respect for your posts and at best you are thought of as the little troll pet of Perp.  Flame away little pet troll.....flame away! 

Now listen to what YOU typed..."I should have known?"  Even your ability told you that it was broken before it was used, and you point a finger at me?  What does this tell you about the future items for the game?  You, bottom of the barrel feel that new items are broken before they are introduced!  This speaks volumes about even your confidence in future releases....hence my issue with the development process that is sub-beta testing at best.  Troll away pet troll, troll away....

If I have hurt your feelings or upset you, perhaps you and Jas can hold hands on the little yellow bus on Monday and talk things out....

11 (edited by 0110011100001111001010001 2012-02-12 21:39:10)

Takeo Prime wrote:
0110011100001111001010001 wrote:

GF HAVE FUN>

Bianary, please seriously believe me when I tell you that as long as I have been in the game and on the forum, and talked with those that have talked with you on TS...you are the laughing stock of the server.  Nobody has respect for your posts and at best you are thought of as the little troll pet of Perp.  Flame away little pet troll.....flame away! 

Now listen to what YOU typed..."I should have known?"  Even your ability told you that it was broken before it was used, and you point a finger at me?  What does this tell you about the future items for the game?  You, bottom of the barrel feel that new items are broken before they are introduced!  This speaks volumes about even your confidence in future releases....hence my issue with the development process that is sub-beta testing at best.  Troll away pet troll, troll away....

If I have hurt your feelings or upset you, perhaps you and Jas can hold hands on the little yellow bus on Monday and talk things out....

When you cant attack the idea, you attack the person behind the idea.  EXACTLY what your doing.  Do you think I care what others think, I think not.  Its hard to speak the truth about such a hot topic, its hard road to walk, but someone has to get it done, someone has to stand up and do whats right.

If you would like to continue your character assassination go ahead, I do not care, its the Internets, all is well in the world.

If you would actually like to talk about the issue at hand please get back with me in a more calm and collected way, your only making yourself look like a idiot, of which I'm sure you are not.

Just Sayin

Takeo Prime wrote:

Sounds like fun!

Takeo Prime wrote:

hmmm so you ran out of things to say on topic & now attack the person? poor form old boy. debating the man & not the subject just makes you look like a cry baby.

You have fallen for the troll.

Congratz.

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Takeo Prime wrote:

hmmm so you ran out of things to say on topic & now attack the person? poor form old boy. debating the man & not the subject just makes you look like a cry baby.

You have fallen for the troll.

Congratz.

My points have been clearly explained in this post with the expected toll comments that followed.  No denying the lack of foresight by the development team on many many attempts and no denying the pet trolls that roam the forums with nothing constructive to add, just looking for the attention they must have not received during their childhood.  Reading your comments puts you on the fence as far as I can see.  If you have something to add or deny, please state the development of the game that I have missed.  If you are just commenting for attention, then please take your seat on the little yellow bus with them.

So now were making light of mentally inept?  Were making light that they have to travel on a specially colored bus?

What a wonderful new low you have accomplished.

Just because Jasdemi and I may ride the same brightly lit traveling vehicle, doesn't make my correct view of whats going on with this post any less of a proven truth.

You wanted a troll?  A troll has been provided.

Just Sayin

You know when someone says maturity   respect and honor I think Kentagura right off the bat.  I used to have a lot of respect for Arc X back in the day but not so much anymore.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

You havent actually made any points, you've just moaned that you've lost some nic and time and are butthurt by it.  Everyone has been affected by changes at some point, most have sucked it up but a few of the emo kids like yourself have spammed the forums with their whines

All you've done is prove that you have a very short fuse and a lack of maturity by looking at the trail of whiny posts you put up about the same topic lol

Binary, Jelan, and Ville ...voices of reason. Unbiased, honest, thorough. Thank you for your wisdom. Please forgive Takeo his indiscretions, ineptitude, idiocy.

Takeo, you worm! Crawl back to Kentaguru and bring back my yellow bus. We need to gather the team and plan our next exploit.

Sparking to other games

19 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-02-13 11:40:43)

Takeo Prime wrote:

My points have been clearly explained in this post with the expected toll comments that followed.  No denying the lack of foresight by the development team on many many attempts and no denying the pet trolls that roam the forums with nothing constructive to add, just looking for the attention they must have not received during their childhood.  Reading your comments puts you on the fence as far as I can see.  If you have something to add or deny, please state the development of the game that I have missed.  If you are just commenting for attention, then please take your seat on the little yellow bus with them.

Do the devs make mistakes? sure have, will they make more... thats a given.
First off your OP comes off as moaning & given the tone & content of posts you have made in the days leading up to you making this thread theres really only one way to read what you said: That you are upset with what the DEVs did about walls.
Should you be a little upset? i guess so. For that i dont blame you or any others that might feel the same way. Did i feel a litte peeved? yep i to spent money & now ide have to work to maintain it. but was it a surprise? F*** NO.

Heres the difference between what some sections of the community have said after the nerf. Pre nerf they put their fingers in their ears, yelled at the top of the voice & ignored the obvious. Many also fought tooth & nail on the forums defending walls as they were. And while this heated discussion was going continued to build walls at an astonishing rate.

IGNORING the simple & basic logic so many were saying. Walls had to & were going to get nerfed. When the server got a restart due to the situation on KENT.. that should have said to every one "Walls are OP nerf incoming"

Are nerfs unheard of in MMOs? not at all, in fact they are a regular occurrence...

Your first post reads like a child who is still throwing a tantrum. Its reads like a moan post. << i know say'n this is harsh but its just how i see it mate hmm
My personal recommendation would have been to write a post & give it a day .. re-read it & make a slightly less whinny post.

But if in all honesty if i turn the troll of in me (it can be done tongue ) i get 100% what you say. And this is what my thoughts are:

To the DEVs:
I love this game. you have built a game which has the possible future of being one of the top MMO sand box games there is. But you must stop rushing content onto the live server like you have & do. with probes & walls we seen a gross lack of foresight.
Many players can only take being messed up for so long.
What happens to perpetuum in the next 6-12 months will make or brake your game. What you do With PBS & just as importantly HOW YOU RELEASE IT. Are of great importance.
Us players i believe understand the rushing half baked content to us is a bad thing. And so it taking an inordinate amount of time in releasing content.

I encourage you to continue to engage us where possible on new content not only thru blogs but also on the forums. Give us your vision for the game over the next year. We know not every thing you say will happen. But as it stands development seems haphazard.

You have the support of your customers... & i dont just mean the ones subed now. Many former players want to see this game succeed but they could no longer wait.

Never stop communicating with us smile

Rex Amelius wrote:

Binary, Jelan, and Ville ...voices of reason. Unbiased, honest, thorough. Thank you for your wisdom. Please forgive Takeo his indiscretions, ineptitude, idiocy.

Takeo, you worm! Crawl back to Kentaguru and bring back my yellow bus. We need to gather the team and plan our next exploit.

Thank you Rex, its nice to finally be recognised.  Maybe you could rescind his posting rights and proof read them in future?

Jelan wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

Thank you Rex, its nice to finally be recognised.  Maybe you could rescind his posting rights and proof read them in future?

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Jelan wrote:

Stop with the whining already, Jesus you abused a broken mechanic and it got fixed.  Your last para is the best telling the devs to not listen to the trolls and whiners... Which is exactly what your post is lol

To be fair to him its not wrong what he is saying. With insurance, walls and proximity probes its like they didn't have a clue as to what the playerbase would do with them. They have yet to acknowledge the nic faucet that plasma is. Its like they dont play the game at a high enough level.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Jelan wrote:

To be fair to him its not wrong what he is saying. With insurance, walls and proximity probes its like they didn't have a clue as to what the playerbase would do with them. They have yet to acknowledge the nic faucet that plasma is. Its like they dont play the game at a high enough level.

what your still going on about insurance lol lol