Topic: Accumulator usage of Signal Maskers is 10 times of that listed

When you do show information, it lists as 2.xx per 10 seconds, instead i see chunks being taken out of around 10 times this!

Re: Accumulator usage of Signal Maskers is 10 times of that listed

its not a bug, its a feature:

read the item description, follow the link there
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Help:Si … nd_masking

and read:

Signal masker - When equipped and activated, they enhance your robot's default signal masking value. Only one signal masker can be equipped at a time. The accumulator usage of a signal masker seems small, but there are secondary factors involved with the base accumulator value listed. This value will be multiplied by the robot's surface hit size. For example a Seth has a hit size of 10 m, so if you use a signal masker that has an accumulator consumption of 3 AP, the total accumulator usage will be 10x3=30 AP / cycle. In short: the larger a bot is, the more energy it takes to hide!

this is a missing feature to display it wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Maskers are working as intended. However the display is not displaying the correct cost.

4 (edited by Inspiration 2012-02-07 19:09:49)

I checked the information and it is still broken IMHO, here the examples:

On my Scarab with surface area of 10.5m, a T2 Signal masker should consume 16.8 AP (10.5 x 1.6 AP) every 10 seconds. This should easily run stable on this bot, but it does not.

Compare this to, say the T4 fast extraction nexus. It uses 40 AP every 10 seconds, or 4 AP per second. This module in fact does run stable on the same bot!

Something is clearly wrong

The issue it seems is that while the module activation time is indeed 10 seconds, every second of it, the activation cost is deducted from the accumulator. This makes the module use 10 times as much energy as listed, even with the mechanics of surface area taken into account.

Keep in mind the AP drain is every 2 seconds. It's very weird but the effect causes your AP to drain. You pay the initial cost PLUS while under the "Masked" effect you consume AP cost * robot size every 2 seconds.

I AM NOT A GM™

6 (edited by Inspiration 2012-02-07 20:21:25)

What you are saying is it takes 16.8 AP to activate, and then every 2 seconds till deactivation, another 16.8 AP.

This would for two cycles (20 seconds) translate to:

Second 0: 16.8 AP activation cost
Second 2: 16.8 AP drain
Second 4: 16.8 AP drain
Second 6: 16.8 AP drain
Second 8: 16.8 AP drain

Second 10: 16.8 AP activation cost
Second 12: 16.8 AP drain
Second 14: 16.8 AP drain
Second 16: 16.8 AP drain
Second 18: 16.8 AP drain

If this is true, they could have just given the module a 2 second cycle time and be done with it, no additional complexity and hidden magic is needed. Sure one can then activate a detector within two seconds of stopping a masker module. But people would still have to wait like 25 seconds for a new activation of the masker module to take effect as the detector has this very long cycle time and the modules work mutually exclusive.

In other words, it works needlessly complex and that alone in my eyes constitutes a game play bug!

ah, the consumption per 2 second is missing in description.

its kinda working like the eccms during last summer, or better - like masking modules did work when they have been introduced.

seems like someone forgot to adjust that.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

its kinda working like the eccms during last summer, or better - like masking modules did work when they have been introduced.

Yes, someone must have forgotten to fix it. The cycle time of maskers should be 5 seconds with a static AP * Robot size taken every 5 seconds. None of this 2 second effect drain. It's not documented correctly and feels terrible.

I AM NOT A GM™

Annihilator wrote:

Yes, someone must have forgotten to fix it. The cycle time of maskers should be 5 seconds with a static AP * Robot size taken every 5 seconds. None of this 2 second effect drain. It's not documented correctly and feels terrible.

I AM NOT A GM™