1 (edited by Celebro 2012-02-06 09:24:08)

Topic: Guide to mining epitron using walls

1. Enclose a nice red field of epitron with walls all round.

2. leave t4 fitted Riveler Mk2 inside.

3. Take hauler, drop container close to the wall outside, with miner charges.

4. Logout hauler.

5. Laugh at any light roams that come by.

6. If heavy roam call for help or logout, you have time don't worry.

7. Once ores are depleted break walls.

8. Rinse and Repeat.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Guide to mining epitron using walls

Yep... what he says is true .. do this! Nao!

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I see no way this plan of yours could fail...

Or simply have a mobile to with you

Jelan wrote:

Or simply have a mobile to with you

Yes of course, how could I forget smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Cough cough epi market becomes flooded and sterminot becomes more profitable

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Oh celebro, you can demob through wall then shoot the wall down and collect riveler loot.

4 walls and a roof makes a safe house,

4 walls and a lid makes a safe coffin.

The moment you see an enemy you can deploy a teleport beacon.
If the enemy breaks wall in 3 minutes they deserve loot. Most Rivelers CANNOT get home or safe log in 3 minutes.

I AM NOT A GM™

There's 2 scenerios.

First, is the outpost owners build the walls and put miners in.

Second, is non-owner players sneak on, build walls and plant a miner.

Scenerio 2 is fail. During peak time, the owners WILL notice that someone walled off their epi field, and they will poke one or more holes in it, making it worthless for riveler defense. If its a one-time op during the off-peak time, building walls is time they could have spent mining and adding the likelyhood they'll be spotted and killed before they even start. It would be cheaper and less time consuming to put an armored TP in your cargo, and fit yourself to live the few minutes it takes to deploy.

In scenerio 1, the riveler owner already has the support of the island alliance, complete with Island intel/probes/walls. Getting a force anywhere close to miners is going to be so rare, that it's not worth the additional effort of walling in the miner.

Preventing ninja miners from depleting your resources is about Island defense. Roaming an island to gank miners shouldn't be the primary PVP of a game (Unless the game is named MinerGank), it has its place, but it should be the exception and not the norm.

The beta islands have been empty for so long, that many people are forgetting what it was like when they were occupied (or they joined the game with it so). Going to an Island that is being actively used is going to be dangerous, and using tricks like walls (to attempt to use the island) simply won't work for visitors.

also, you have to place the walls ~1km away from your mining location, or else you cannot use safe logout wink
someone with a target painter could combat-flag you from that range with ease.

for emergency teleporter is the only way you would be able to leave that location before wall is breached.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Teleport beacon, log off trap.  Welcome to perpetuum pvp.  I think its about time teleport beacons stop being a market seed and become player built.

Thats a good point Ville, TPs are almost mandatory now, and being able to make and sell them competitively will make them more accessable for small corps and solo players. 300k isn't alot, but using 5 or 6 a day for players that are already spending a lot of time buying pvp gear can make an impact. Not to mention the higher armored and emergency costs. Walls/plants can replace TP's as NIC sinks.

This change will HELP small roams, but they still need a place to call home.

I'd like to see ALL the market seeds disappear. When you get popped you get a free arke with a small gun and a small miner module. If titan could be mined without charges and miner charges were made from just titan then any player should be able to make anything from just these meagre starting pieces.

Are market seeds really that vital as economy sinks?