Topic: [UI] Center Map on Player upon Opening (minor)

I may be alone in this, and it's only a little bothersome to do, but the map coordinates via the Map icon shows where you last left the map.

Personally, I'd rather it center on my bot on opening.  I don't mean that the map should continue being centered as my bot moves around, only that when I open it, it starts where I am.

I tend to move around a lot between continents, hunting bargains and assignments, and it would be far less annoying if I didn't have to track down where I am when I open the map.

I'd be all for leaving an already open map looking at wherever it was - I just want it to center on me when opening it from it being closed.

Re: [UI] Center Map on Player upon Opening (minor)

I fully support this feature request.

Its something I would demand too, also the map fully zooms in when you open it, so you have to zoom out and find yourself first if you are looking for a nearest base/teleport.

I thought you could just doubleclick on "yourself" on the right and the map moves to your bot. At work so can't test it right now.

Amlodhi wrote:

I thought you could just doubleclick on "yourself" on the right and the map moves to your bot. At work so can't test it right now.

yep, still does wink

6 (edited by Kruachan 2010-12-09 13:31:58)

Thank you for this info, I was pretty annoyed to have to re-center map "manually" smile

I have another question :
Is there a way to remove (temporary) the right part of the map with icons description, landmarks, etc ... to get a "square" map ?
Currently the map is pretty helpful for vertical (North-South) travels ... only wink

Kruachan wrote:

Thank you for this info, I was pretty annoyed to have to re-center map "manually" smile

I have another question :
Is there a way to remove (temporary) the right part of the map with icons description, landmarks, etc ... to get a "square" map ?
Currently the map is pretty helpful for vertical (North-South) travels ... only wink

Not currently, but there is a thread requesting that. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -resizing/ I'd love to see something like that implemented.