1 (edited by Jasdemi 2012-01-31 00:24:45)

Topic: OccupyKB was a success

http://perp-kill.net/?m=list

+1 for API

Thanks to everyone for participating, especially Ville. <3

PS: No real bots/mechs were harmed during the occupy.

Re: OccupyKB was a success

+1 your a ***

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos

Lololoololol

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Well, Binary loses the crown of worst troll ever on these forums. But my money was on you all along Jasdemi. Hopefully the Devs will realize your conduct, although done on a 3rd party site, is detrimental to the spirit of this game and act accordingly.

5 (edited by 0110011100001111001010001 2012-01-31 02:52:50)

Atticus wrote:

Well, Binary loses the crown of worst troll ever on these forums. But my money was on you all along Jasdemi. Hopefully the Devs will realize your conduct, although done on a 3rd party site, is detrimental to the spirit of this game and act accordingly.

+1  Ban him...Now  neutral

But I am still the best troll btw.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Atticus wrote:

Been done once in very recent memory for info posted on a 3rd party site. May as well do it again!

Inappropriate signature.

Killboard crap again. DeV's i hope you will introduce official KB soon.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Ungrateful basterds. You will thank me once we have a real KB with API spport. The devs are now kinda forced to do something as there no longer are any alternatives left.

Jasdemi wrote:

Ungrateful basterds. You will thank me once we have a real KB with API spport. The devs are now kinda forced to do something as there no longer are any alternatives left.

No, the devs are far more higher priority things on their to do list and making an API isn't just a one afternoon thing.
All it means is you just trolled a player made add-on that was based on trust for the fact of tracking activity.

I AM NOT A GM™

Jasdemi wrote:

...and lemme tell ya, these devs just LUUUUUUUUV being forced!

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

11 (edited by Line 2012-01-31 09:58:49)

*whips Gargaj* nuthin taa rid hir...git bak taa yer work ya lazee DEV! big_smile

Srsly, guys, screw the KB, it's really not important now

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:
Atticus wrote:

+1  Ban him...Now  neutral

But I am still the best troll btw.

+1

This type of OOG *** is the type of rubbish that spawned the script kiddie.

This is no differnet than the ddos attacks that have been occuring - 1 person screwing with the game regardless of the impact to everyone else. Granted it's a third party site, but for those who pvp, it represents the only "score card" we have.

+1 ban him now

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

He better NOT get banned or I really will be pissed.  The developers have no right to punish people in game for actions on a third party web site.  I personally find this pretty *** but then again I have the power to remove Kills I was involved in... gives me something to actually do at work now.

Oh a side note, I have the fake kills removed; however, due to a seperate system in the kill board the point values will remain in place even though the kills were removed.  So an email has been put into the web site owner, now if he responses to it or not.  Thats a whole different ball game. =/

stop banning peeps !

I'm sure I have nothing to add here... wait... nope. smile

I have nothing to add or say.

mad

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

19 (edited by Mara Kaid Pirate of Nia 2012-01-31 21:26:39)

SharkWolf wrote:

stop banning peeps !

stop hanging out with jersey girls and making fun time smile

Why would the devs care about some third party killboard when they essentially have their own?

http://i53.tinypic.com/33wnlaw.png

Someone important wrote:

In related news, I have been contacted by the Perpetuum web devoloper regarding a possible server side API, which is excellent news! Hopefully we'll be able to do away with player entered mails all together. Stay tuned.

Just like I said. Official API is coming very soon - thanks to me. Way to get new features. big_smile

Jasdemi wrote:
Someone important wrote:

In related news, I have been contacted by the Perpetuum web devoloper regarding a possible server side API, which is excellent news! Hopefully we'll be able to do away with player entered mails all together. Stay tuned.

Just like I said. Official API is coming very soon - thanks to me. Way to get new features. big_smile

i didnt think the devs negotiated with terrorist?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

The idea of an API system has been around for a long time. Gargaj, the man with the plan, has made similar API systems before (As far as I know). API systems are brilliant once up and running but maintaining them, updating them and creating them in the first place is not easy.

This would be like DDoS'ing the server and then claiming that PBS was introduced because of your actions.

Does this mean I can lay claims to a few systems myself having posted and talked on IRC about systems that later come into existence?

Synchronicity.

I AM NOT A GM™

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

i didnt think the devs negotiated with terrorist?

Hey, I could just NOT do it, if you insist smile Third party sites are technically speaking not our concern - they just contribute A WHOLE LOT to the game itself, so it'd be foolish not to care about them.

The thing is the whole debacle seemed to coincide with a bit of idle time I had while waiting for the patch to be rolled out, so I made myself useful and jotted up the basic framework for an API. (Something I wanted to do for a long time anyway for boilerplate purposes.) I am indeed in contact with Mitix now, and we'll probably make some progress on the matter.

Alexandra wrote:

This would be like DDoS'ing the server and then claiming that PBS was introduced because of your actions.

Does this mean I can lay claims to a few systems myself having posted and talked on IRC about systems that later come into existence?

A-HA!