Re: Google Adwords Perpetuum Campaign I ran for a month

Gremrod wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.
...I used a Google Ad word coupon of $100. ...

ty for feedback and darn, my adwords account is already a few years old. Didn´t get a 100$ gift coupon. NVM, I´ll think of something wink

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Really cool idea. Great job Gremrod!

I have also opened an adword account in the hopes to get a free coupon.

RIP PERPETUUM

Opening account as well, to everyone living in the UK you can get a free £50 voucher:

http://www.google.com/coupons/1/SELF/5F … source=gsa

keywords I used. They were generated by the Ad words network stuff in the Ad word app.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … y0xY21yMmc

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd= … ro-outside

Sort it out Gremrod. Lots of folks want to help.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

I would love to do it.

But the Google Ad word doesn't accept Paypal as a payment option. I don't want to bother with shuffling funds between accounts to be able to do it.

Let me see if I can figure something out....

I think some people had a lot of success with the maverick "Mechwarrior MMO" search term, clearly 'infringing' on some other copyright, but since you are all individuals you are free to do what you want, and if microsoft wants to buy the term all they have to do is offer Google more money for it (oh the irony).

MrCeeJ wrote:

I think some people had a lot of success with the maverick "Mechwarrior MMO" search term, clearly 'infringing' on some other copyright, but since you are all individuals you are free to do what you want, and if microsoft wants to buy the term all they have to do is offer Google more money for it (oh the irony).

It will be more expensive now that a Mechwarrior MMO is in dev..

Sent Gremrod a £50 AdWord code.

I AM NOT A GM™

35 (edited by Gremrod 2012-02-03 17:59:03)

Alexandra wrote:

Sent Gremrod a £50 AdWord code.

You have already redeemed an introductory promotional code on this account. Introductory promotional codes are limited to one per customer.

sad

Too bad you can purchase Google Adword codes from Google. Or pay the account with paypal.

I don't mean to sound negative, but isn't this like, "hey look look, look at me and what I've done, look over here.  Look at me!!"

Bah Humbug.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Negative nelly! smile

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:

I don't mean to sound negative, but isn't this like, "hey look look, look at me and what I've done, look over here.  Look at me!!"

Bah Humbug.

Binary wasn't receiving much attention lately. Someone please give it a little love.

Bah Humbug.

Yes this is true. And I posted it just for that reason. To show how easy it is and if others want to do it they can also do it too.

tongue

Jasdemi wrote:

Bah Humbug.

Binary wasn't receiving much attention lately. Someone please give it a little love.

sad Yea my mother didn't love me enough as a child, thus I must get forum whoring from Perpetuum, dam you all!

Not negative just pointing out a different POV.  Think of it as constructive criticism.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Done.

Inspired by Gremrod's great example I also started an adword campaign for Perpetuum on $3 a day.
Let me give you an update what I am experimenting with.

These are the ads that I am rotating:

Perpetuum - Sandbox MMO
Have you got what it takes?
15 Days Free Trail
link: perpetuum-online.com

Perpetuum - Sandbox MMO
Persistent sandbox universe
Player driven economy
link: perpetuum-online.com

(and for both the same but with Sci-fi instead of Sandbox in the title and description)

Getting a 1.20% CTR on search placements and 0.09% for display ads.
However the display network volume is 28x time the search volume.

My top keywords:
sandbox mmo
sandbox mmorpg
mech mmorpg
mech mmo
free new mmorpg games
new free mmorpg
mmo rpg game
robot mmo
sci fi mmo
robot mmorpg

Also tried many other keyword combinations, including the ones provided by Gremrod; but most got horrible quality.

As for the landing page I am using the Perpetuum homepage, lacking an affiliate program I got no way to measure the impact and conversion rate that has.

Please give me your suggestions for further improvements!

Nice. If anyone wants to run addwords once the next big patch comes out I will donate to the fund.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

44 (edited by Gremrod 2012-03-05 21:58:41)

Misha Untaga wrote:

As for the landing page I am using the Perpetuum homepage, lacking an affiliate program I got no way to measure the impact and conversion rate that has.

Please give me your suggestions for further improvements!

The only thing I could think of is to set up a site that your ad sends them to and from there have it collect data on hits etc just before it redirects them to the perpetuum-online.com site. Of course you still have no idea if they did make a trail account etc... sad

Yeah I mainly paid attention to ad clicks and not the CTR etc. And then just looked at my day and month totals.

I have asked for a Affiliate / Refferal type of a thing a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time ago...

Nothing yet eh?

roll

46 (edited by Burial 2012-03-08 15:51:26)

Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:

I would love to do it.

But the Google Ad word doesn't accept Paypal as a payment option. I don't want to bother with shuffling funds between accounts to be able to do it.

Let me see if I can figure something out....

AFAIK Google Checkout has donation feature too. Havent ever used Google Ads or Checkout but arent they sharing the $?

If you set up your paypal account with a VALID bank account, you can dump paypal$ to your account and then use your checkcard for google. I have one of those 'disposable' visa cards (green dot) that I have tied to a similarly disposable paypal account (I refuse to use one tied direct to my REAL bank info, but many 'disposables' or 'secured' cards come with bank transfer info). I use this, and the paypal donation links, for group supported things like corporate websites or teamspeak/vent servers and the like. Best bet is to apply for one of the paypal visa cards, which is auto-linked to your paypal account

Much kudos to those that have spam-advertised perpetuum.

As for 'affiliate' programs... how does bonus EP per signee sound? not much, maybe 1,000 EP granted for every account you refer that pays for 3 months or more? perhaps some of those cute little faction tickets that you can spend on ammo (and pbs items in the future) or something that does NOT take funding from the devs that bust butt and deserve a paycheck on occasion. Modules, gear or anything else would probably be useless in the long run... imo, EP or faction tickets would be best.