1 (edited by Celebro 2012-01-27 13:37:45)

Topic: Syndicate Tokens: 'Unlock' those rare Heavy mechs

I am sure tokens will have further uses and seems to be a great idea, but could it be possible 'unlock' a praetrorian Gropho or equivalent faction for an ungodly amount of tokens (maybe 100k). This could be the best incentive for missions ever.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Syndicate Tokens: 'Unlock' those rare Heavy mechs

Celebro wrote:

I am sure tokens will have further uses and seems to be a great idea, but could it be possible 'unlock' a praetrorian Gropho or equivalent faction for an ungodly amount of tokens (maybe 100k). This could be the best incentive for missions ever.

In a sandbox game I have mixed opinions when something is made obtainable by a single course of action even if that action takes huge amounts of time.

It's a nice idea for a very long term goal having unique items on the mission reward list. I just wonder if it would make players feel like they HAD to do assignments to get the very best robots in the game.

3 (edited by Celebro 2012-01-27 15:44:21)

Alexander wrote:

In a sandbox game I have mixed opinions when something is made obtainable by a single course of action even if that action takes huge amounts of time.

You can do many things with a single course of action and get stuff, that's what the market is for. I can mine all day sell my resources and buy kernals, or I can just buy materials and sell them for profit and get anything I need that others are willing to sell for NIC or trade.

The more options you have and goals to attain the better it is for a sandbox imo.

Oh btw you can sell/buy tokens or the faction bot if want.

RIP PERPETUUM

+1 more unique stuff

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

+1 for stuff adding more meaning to assignments except relations.

Doesn´t need to be the tournament prices altho i´d love to have one of those, I think those should stay unique and just the tournament prices.

Keep the tournament prizes their original colour though, and perhaps names as well.

Takashi Kurita wrote:

+1 for stuff adding more meaning to assignments except relations.

Doesn´t need to be the tournament prices altho i´d love to have one of those, I think those should stay unique and just the tournament prices.

+1, we need content to do solo too, this aint much, but its something smile

Tournament prizes should be unique, but they could expand the shop with different modules, bots, vanity items etc etc that can only be aquired with syndicate tokens. cool

Gallente navy gropho?

on one side i have to say that the ourney stuff sould be unique and stay that way. it was a special price and that should stay so. otherwise you will downgrade their achiefment.

on the other side it realy would be nice if you could work for something like that. maybe it does not has to be the same thing. how much diffrent it should be is another thing. some may say a diffrent coller is enough, others might say the boni should be a liite worse... we can talk about that.

but surely yes give us more stuff where mission running gets more rewardable.

Black mesmers/seths/grophos only for champions.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter wrote:

Who needs black, make them pink!

Hunter wrote:

Champions no more tongue

Victim
Agent: Alexadar
Corporation: -CHAOS- Grey Legion of Death
Robot: Tyrannos Mk2

Edit: yeah make them pink:)

RIP PERPETUUM

Siddy wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Request to made pink ictus was declined(

Impatient much Celebro??

Devs already said more stuff would be coming to the token shop when they released it...

As far as having the tourney bots available for tokens- I say no way. These bots are unique prizes for the winners of the tourney. Putting them in the token store totally nulifies them as a reward for being the best in the pvp tourney. Matter of fact putting a bot with the same stats just a different color does the same thing.

It wouldn't surprise me if the plant incubators were available in the token shop but lets allow the Devs to add items like they said they would before we start requesting more.

Inappropriate signature.

+1
Make mk2 bots available thru tokens, as well and sparks aswell.
Works well as mid range pve content.
As Baal said "we need content to do solo too, this aint much, but its something"

Alexadar wrote:
Siddy wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Here: http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3139/helloictus.jpg

I AM NOT A GM™

Alexandra wrote:
Alexadar wrote:
Siddy wrote:

Here: http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3139/helloictus.jpg

http://img.skitch.com/20080131-n5ndu5aj … rw3ixm.png