Topic: Server up or down?

so im trying to connect so my question is when is the game gona come online again?? usualy the ddos only last for a few mins and we can all connect but now its completly down??

Re: Server up or down?

these are sad times hmm

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/fee … h_1200.png

25 are playing, the rest is waiting. i guess the previous ddos have been just tests. now the botmaster keeps perpetuum closed for how long he wants... lets hope not for weeks

If its weeks, i might finally get those long extensions done before i spend all my EP every few days.

how abouth some thing from the devs like what ur doing or thinking atm  wuld be nice to have some devs let us know whats going on to so we dont have to stress ourselfs for nothing

C36 wrote:

these are sad times hmm

Very sad sad

Devs are on the case but these sorts of issues take time to resolve and they move around so much that fixing it from one place just causes it to pop up from another. Botnets. big_smile

Downtimes will be compensated, goes without saying.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Stratego anyone?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Get on the IRC smile

Dalmont Delantee wrote:

Get on the IRC smile

why? when you can give us the details here... big_smile

DEVs are waiting for a reponse from ISP to blacklist/block the offending IPs causing this.

RIP PERPETUUM

so we are just waiting for a response from the isp  so we can exspect this to take how long?

I too cannot connect...

I'm a sad panda.  sad

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Syrissa wrote:
Dalmont Delantee wrote:

Get on the IRC smile

why? when you can give us the details here... big_smile

Ahh you see the devs are on the irc (theres a link somewhere in the forum stickies) and they can tell you when its working rather than every 5 mins someone going - is it up yet, is it up yet tongue

why do i need to be on a chat channal to get this information?? when it can easely be put on the game client or on the web page?

*sighs* Its on the forum and on the client.

I'm just saying if you wanted up to date second by second updates you can get them there.

18 (edited by Annihilator 2012-01-22 21:47:17)

Jibril mazit wrote:

why do i need to be on a chat channal to get this information?? when it can easely be put on the game client or on the web page?

you know the five stages of grief/death?

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

A certain person  told me that DEVs are often going through these stages when it comes to their product.
-> i guess with this DDoS attack, they are at the middle point (bargaining) and they need get to the last stage before putting it up into NEWS section wink

Disclaimer:
i mean with "Acceptance" that they accept that it should be displayed on the main page and login, that the game is currently unplayable due to constant DDOS attack...
Im NOT saying that the game is dead

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Jibril mazit wrote:

you know the five stages of grief/death?

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

A certain person  told me that DEVs are often going through these stages when it comes to their product.
-> i guess with this DDoS attack, they are at the middle point (bargaining) and they need get to the last stage before putting it up into NEWS section wink

Right now I'd assume the devs are trying to work out what to do and how to get protect their game from future attacks. I understand they don't have time to tell us every detail and why would they want to? They're trying to be professional. Why report on information you don't have yet?

My biggest fear is that they're all working on PBS but I can't see the game being able to support such features at the moment. It's a case of missing the mark. The fundamental systems aren't there yet and their big show stopped is now at risk of being a show flopper.

I really hope we see some of the other issues with the game addressed. As much as I want to see new features I'd like to see old mechanics reworked and make more fun or using new systems.

Perpetuum is a massive grind fest. that requires massive amounts of logistics to keep an organised group together. It constantly creates drama and if you want to do well you have to push mechanics to their limits. That said I really love the vision behind Perpetuum and only wish that the design, concepts and graphics could be done justice. I want to see Perpetuum do well and will continue to support it.

My only fear is that the devs will give up. I really don't want to see that happen! You can do it devs. Awesome product and awesome ideas. Keep it up and make the world the way you imagined it.

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Media:Concept_art

I don't really play anymore, however I wish no ill will on this dame and its developement, if the dev's would like to contact me, I own a technology company that deals with these sort of threats and preventative measures to keep them from happening. This service I would gladly offer for free.

Serpens wrote:

I don't really play anymore, however I wish no ill will on this dame and its developement, if the dev's would like to contact me, I own a technology company that deals with these sort of threats and preventative measures to keep them from happening. This service I would gladly offer for free.

Without knowing you and only judging you by your posts on the forums here, I´d say:

IT´S A TARP!

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

My posts are merely to "stir up the hornets nest" of players. Nothing to do with the actual game. Move along trollski.

Serpens wrote:

+1