Topic: Temp fix - Cans last longer while ddos continues

I've lost and have petitioned two cans already due to ddos. I don't even play much, I can't imagine how many cans people who play a lot more have lost.

Therefore I suggest a temporary hotfix.

Increase can life to 30min or 1hr for the duration of the ddos attacks.

This will give us more of a chance to get back to our cans after the server restarts itself like it just did a few minutes ago.

Also possibly related:

[10:46:37] <Goffer> I heard SWTOR has also network problems seems to be related to the change of infrastruzcture at the telecom carrieres

Re: Temp fix - Cans last longer while ddos continues

+1

Its all the new changes to support SOPA when it passes.  fuuu

BF3 has cans?

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

By looking at todays sustained attack of aprox 9 hours, those 30 minute container timers won´t help much, would it?

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

with no idea this was going to be an all day thing, Trap's suggestion would have made sense if it was just the short DDOS's we had the last couple days.

You bring up a good point though Sid, WHEN should we start to trust the server again, and start deploying cans and playing like normal again? Can't let the terrorists win!

Haul more often?

A simple change like increasing the timer would appear to be beneficial to some but it is a major pita in some cases. Nothing like mining/harvesting on beta, scouts spot hostile, run and dock for an hour knowing hostiles aren't going to camp your can for an hour.....

Inappropriate signature.

I for one am playing now and the server seems fine.