Topic: Triandulus/Helio Incubators

We already have noralgis incubators, why not add Triandulus/Helio incubators?

It would be very little effort and would add some sand to the sandbox.

There are some very practical applications for this on both beta and alpha.

Say you harvest out one area completely, you could increase the speed at which triandulus / helio repopulates in a given area. Or you could plant a crapload in that secret spot you found on alpha and go harvest it.

I think they should cost less than Noralgis incubators though since they are less rare of plants.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Re: Triandulus/Helio Incubators

I really like this idea.

They will be introduced soon, even for decorational plants too.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Oh god imagine the pictures we can make with decorational plants!

Giant dongue pictures anyone?

someone going through my list?
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ollection/

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

6 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2012-01-20 22:11:44)

I can set up decorational plants around Nauwy soon?!?!?!  Oh my. oh my, i want a rose garden, and a two tiered flower bed, and,uh, and a SHRUBBERY!

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

This would be good, it's hard to harvest helio/triandulus. Especially on kentagura... , would also add to the garden scheme.

imho, plants should simply grow everywhere MUCH FASTER.

and then locking and shooting them enabled...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

DEV Zoom wrote:

Simply, thank you.

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Simply, thank you.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Will you also be making it possible for us to destroy them without having to have multiple people?

Inappropriate signature.

Scyylla wrote:

Will you also be making it possible for us to destroy them without having to have multiple people?

Blog 2012-01-09 16:24:25 | DEV Zoom wrote:

Once deployed and activated, plasma bombs will unleash the biggest boom you’ve ever seen so far on Nia. Their main role is to wipe an area clean of walls and plants,

You can't rely on the same bomb to clean both plants and walls. Anti-wall bomb should be expensive, while anti-plant bomb should be cheap.

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

SHRUBBERY!

is that a small or large one?

i want a shrubbery around my vegi garden..

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

+1 on a side note Devs please look at the 1000m from base restricitions on planting incubators who cares if i want to put 20 noralgis and 200 triandulus under an outpost (if its fertile) enemys will be happy to come and shoot it all the same.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Mark Zima wrote:

You can't rely on the same bomb to clean both plants and walls. Anti-wall bomb should be expensive, while anti-plant bomb should be cheap.

+100

If planting everything is going to be possible, a way to clear it that doesn't cost millions of NIC needs to be introduced. Not only that, but you need to be able to clear them on alpha as well because you know somebody is going to plant things that completely block access to a mission site or an ore field (I can hear the carebear whinning now).

It is just silly that it takes 2 people to destroy a plant as it is now... I can't tell you how many times I am running around solo on beta and find noralgis and can't kill it... Bad mechanic is bad.

Inappropriate signature.

Zoom, no whining here...Thank you, please add this and adjust as issues arise.  Scyyla makes a good point but don't delay this to figure out the perfect balance.

Thumbs up for plant incubators! yarr

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Okay this may take a while to figure out properly.

The problem is that the system only allows you to plant incubators with the same rules that control the natural growth of plants. This basically means that in practice you could only plant something where it's already growing. We were able to loosen up the rules for noralgis because it's not growing freely, but if we would modify the rules for the other plant incubators, it would affect their natural growth patterns too.

The problem with this is that it's not intuitive where you can plant an incubator; other than watching for the same type of plants it's basically trial&error. And we can't show you the "fertile" places on the map for you because that would basically tell you where you can harvest helioptris on the whole island.

The question is whether it would be a good feature with these restrictions or not.

This feature would be better than nothing I guess. Was wondering if there is a need for harvestable plants to be growing freely at all, make it the same mechanic and noraglis, obviously with far higher growth and much cheaper incubators.

RIP PERPETUUM

21 (edited by Sundial 2012-01-25 19:25:49)

Zoom, maybe have these incubators not reproduce just like noralgis but make them a good bit cheaper.

For the sake of the lore, the incubator could include lots of nutriets / properties optimal to the plants growth into the ground but have it be a strain that does not reproduce.

Call them "domesticated" triandulus and helio.

Celebro wrote:

Was wondering if there is a need for harvestable plants to be growing freely at all, make it the same mechanic and noraglis, obviously with far higher growth and much cheaper incubators.

That would unfortunately render harvesting assignments quite hard to complete.

Hm ok, nevermind. Apparently I misunderstood something and we can create incubators with the same rules like noralgis by simply creating "plantable" versions of all current plants. They will be different for the system but you won't see the difference smile

24 (edited by Arga 2012-01-25 19:52:58)

Change the incubators so that they produce a new genetic mutation of the common plant with the rare isotopes of only, reduce the max cycle growth accordingly, and use the same planting specifications as Norgalis.

You can use the old graphics for now, but put an upgraded look on the to do list.

This will allow the Hybrid-Trianduls and Hybrid-Helio to have an acutal reason to be planted, because hauling rare-iso is easier, and it makes getting recycling skills useful (as well as needing to make a bigger decision on which outpost bonuses to give).

Edit: @ Zoom's post above; Yea!

25 (edited by Annihilator 2012-01-25 20:08:41)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Was wondering if there is a need for harvestable plants to be growing freely at all, make it the same mechanic and noraglis, obviously with far higher growth and much cheaper incubators.

That would unfortunately render harvesting assignments quite hard to complete.

harder then now? after 3 times doing a helioptris mission, there is no helioptris anymore around that outpost wink

PS: i cannot wait to see the first p3nis shaped flower arrangements wink