Topic: Teleporters

Interzone mobile teleports

Just like old mobile teleports, this new interzone type will quickly transport a number of Agents to other fixed teleports. The difference, as the name suggests, is that they are able to move you and your squad to another island. They still have a limited range, so in order to make sure that you will reach your desired location, you can right-click an interzone teleport in your cargo and select "Check teleport range". This will list all the available destinations from your current position. Alternatively you can also use the newly added distance measurement tooltip on the world map.

Binary started a thread on how the detectors are effecting PVP, any news yet on how these TP's are doing?

It was mentioned that you can drop a detector on the alpha TP, but this mobile TP allows you to jump off the Island without getting near that detector.

Balanced?  What are the costs of the 2 devices (still at work)?

Re: Teleporters

15 million per teleport, 25 second cycle time between jumps.
You can jump from the edge of one island onto pretty much all of another island.
It helps, but you'll still probably get spotted instantly.
I do see a lot of opportunities to use these though.

Watch Scarab train enter island, jump to the internal near them, profit.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

4 (edited by Arga 2012-01-17 19:16:08)

If I put a remote sensor on Internal TP (1), I'll know if anyone is nearby.

Jumping from a remote alpha coast, with no one in local detector range, out to internal TP (1), how will pirates know that I just trained over a group of Scarabs? And how will they know which internal TP I just jumped to?

5 (edited by Sundial 2012-01-17 19:37:22)

Arga wrote:

If I put a remote sensor on Internal TP (1), I'll know if anyone is nearby.

Jumping from a remote alpha coast, with no one in local detector range, out to internal TP (1), how will pirates know that I just trained over a group of Scarabs? And how will they know which internal TP I just jumped to?

EDIT: They won't know its a train of scarabs, but they will know someone is there. Unless detectors show that.

6 (edited by Arga 2012-01-17 19:41:16)

OK, I admit. I'm missing a piece of the puzzle.

So, your saying the detection range is far enough, that a corp can cover the entire coast of an alpha Island?

And, that the detectors on beta are so hard to spot, with such a large range, that they can 'hide' them to cover all the internal TPs?

Isn't there a limit on the number of dectors a corp can have active?

Edit: Ninja Edit!! smile

15M is a lot to spend, if your jumping from the coast, your going to be doing 'something' big, either an invasion or moving goods, if their moving goods without combat cover, than bad on them. More likely, if this manuver is being done, the 'response' crew (pirate or beta owner) should be overwhelmingly strong.

7 (edited by Sundial 2012-01-17 19:49:02)

Arga wrote:

So, your saying the detection range is far enough, that a corp can cover the entire coast of an alpha Island?

And, that the detectors on beta are so hard to spot, with such a large range, that they can 'hide' them to cover all the internal TPs?

170 detection, 2000 masking, must be placed 1000m from eachother and teleports.

No limits currently I don't think.

Icons on the map from the sensors give us name of the player when hovered over. So you can watch them jump from A to B, deduce what bots they are, jump in ontop of them.

2000 Masking means with best detector can bee seen from ~115m,
170 Detection means it sees most bots from 1.6km+

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Does it run continually? I mean, with detector bots, you have small windows where its not active right?

Back to OP though smile

What's the warm up time and duration of TP? Oh, and the detection range of the TP. Does it show up on the detector, if so how far?

Sundial wrote:
Arga wrote:

Icons on the map from the sensors give us name of the player when hovered over. So you can watch them jump from A to B, deduce what bots they are, jump in ontop of them.

They can, the detector beacons that is, can be dropped right on any teleport. Tested and works.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:
Sundial wrote:
Arga wrote:

They can, the detector beacons that is, can be dropped right on any teleport. Tested and works.

Srsly? I was told it had a 1000m Structure and Probe limit... Was this Alpha islands or Beta?

even if you place it 1km away from a teleporter, you will still see ANY1 comming through, since it takes time to activate masking, and even light ewars can be seen from more then 1km range with probes.

also, 1km placement limit here is as effective as 1km aggro and weapon radius was for police towers back in beta.

with two probes, 1km from each other placed, you can detect best stealth bots in game with 100% chance.

lets see what todays balancing patch will bring.

but the topic was about teleporters -> in regard to the probes they only enable you to gather your forces on your starting point without beeing noticed. The destination is still a static teleporter on your enemies island, and that one can be probed or scouted.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

why not using plasma to probes be online?

how many plasma need? it depends the tuning they have, high masking and high scanning range, more plasma need. At max performance, the fuel depletion it's in 10 minutes, or something like that.

Lets face it, its obviously an Alf idea, nice idea but the implementation has been borked.  The only real thing to do here is to disable probes and inter island teleports until they come up with a solution so at least we can still play the game on beta roll

Eng Daniel wrote:

why not using plasma to probes be online?

how many plasma need? it depends the tuning they have, high masking and high scanning range, more plasma need. At max performance, the fuel depletion it's in 10 minutes, or something like that.

we have energy injector charges... and if you check my topic where i suggested a proximity probe, you see that it has limitations. The idea for inter-island teleporters was also a rather popular player demand from all those beeing killed by gatecamps - from times when we had 300 player online on those 6 pvp islands...

Having a limit on the number of probes is going to change the way they are used for with teleporters.

One of the design objectives for the probes, was to eliminate the need for gate watchers. This frees up accounts for indy or PVP work.

Maybe the world is still too small for these probes?  At least until the world gets bigger, maybe a hard limit of (4) probes per corp is needed, which frees up (4) gatewatchers, but doesn't give corps the abilty to scan the entire world.

You do realize that only 1 probe can be within 1k meters, so you can try to deploy your own to check if there is any in range.... just sayin...

lol

Siddy wrote:

You do realize that only 1 probe can be within 1k meters, so you can try to deploy your own to check if there is any in range.... just sayin...

yep, and someone could actually write up a scan tool to then find out where the probe is big_smile

it just takes time that the owner of the probe can use to catch you.

Siddy wrote:

You have to move 1km from a TP to try it (that seems to be broken atm, but if it's working normally), then you have a 1 in 4 chance (roughly) of picking the correct direction.

If there isn't a detector, you've spend 1M NIC, and have to blow it up (assuming again, they implement the 10 detector limit).

I didn't check the U's, but its probably large enough that your've not going to have dozens of them.

Alf, the 24-7 WHINE hotline.

Arga - just log in and check yourself... when they are back, revamped.

Arhhggg. Must get home, stupid work.