Topic: Request for PBS patch

I will be short:

1) New islands, bigger that current ones.
2) No teleports, no terminals, no missions in this islands, only PBS.
3) New mobile teleports what teleports you to random location to selected island in teleporting range.
4) Buildable internal (maybe external) teleports. CEO's can connect this teleports to existing ones, with restrictions affcource.
5) Player built structures can have new type of armor, what can be break up only by special type of weapons: Lets say that current weapons can hit turrets, walls and can slightly scratch buildings. Lets say that big weapons, what can be fitted to the big robots, can break armor of structures.
5.1) Big robots have no armor against focused attack of medium robots.
5.2) Light weapons cannot break armor of big robots.
6) Player built structures should have regular maintenance. Otherwise they will slowly destroy themselves.

Give us sanbox, not game where we fapping around static teleports and hit-n-run squads.

Re: Request for PBS patch

1. no comment...
2. no static npc spawns
3. Think of supcom - only mech / heavy mech can be tranlocated to island, and has to deploy a device that enables smaller ones to get there.
4. ofc
5. bunker buster weapons are semi useless vs. anything but buildings?
6. natural erosion, random npc attack forces, natural disaster

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

5) Yes.
The point is, to make specialized weapons.
"Big hammer 3000" will be almost useless against small targets (i guess immerse hit dispersion?), but it hit your village very well.
To destroy PBS, corporation should play a game: deliver fragile destroyer to enemy settlement and protect it while big boy made a work.

4 (edited by Alexander 2012-01-18 08:09:26)

This is where Perpetuum need armour types. We have "Elemental" resistances but we don't have armour levels.

Light, Medium, Heavy, Fortified (More later if needed). The idea being if one weapon type attacks a different armour type the damage is either reduced or the chance it miss is increased. This way buildings could be given Fortified armour which reduces the damage it takes from heavy weapons by 25%, medium weapons by a further 25% and lights by a further 25%. Then to counter this accuracy of larger weapons needs to be modified so that medium weapons vs lights is reduced 25% etc.. Not to say this idea doesn't have down sides but at the moment with current game mechanics I am not looking forward to larger robots or structures. The current mechanic is to give crazy high resistances and increase armour amounts meaning that larger robots have to do more and more crazy amounts of damage and we've essentially lost the use of light robots or new players. They have no objectives in fleet combat other than to stay as far away from the trained elite PVPers.

The game just isn't ready for more armour amounts and more super weapons..

5 (edited by Dazamin 2012-01-18 17:44:40)

Edited for less trolling and more discussion.

1) Larger Islands, yes please

2) No Outposts & TPs. Maybe, but I think that game mechanics should not change too much between different types of Island. I'd also be wary of limiting play in certain areas to those corps who will put up PBS, etc. I guess Island size would be an important factor in deciding whether it should have some kind of existing infrastructure.

3/4) Mobile TPs, I guess some kind of player built tp system would be kind of cool and make it easier to get somewhere, but there needs to be disadvantages to it, maybe its only one way, maybe longer instability timers and shorter protection timers or something? So you can jump to a more convenient location on the Island, but if you don't have security, you're very vulnerable.

5) Special types of armor, not really a fan of this at all, the second post Alexadar made makes more sense to me. crazy high DPS / Alpha strike with crazy high hit dispersion, and slow cycle times. Good for shooting walls terrible for shooting anything else. I would say alongside this would need to be a general rebalance of large weapons vs small targets. I personally think Med Weapons do too much damage against smaller bots (Although many disagree), but part of the problem is mech alpha strike compared to light HP, making Assaults / Lights kind of useless when fighting mechs. Maybe as a compromise measure, Mechs being able to hit small bots more often but for lower quality hits that do less dmg (So overall dps applied would remain the same) would be preferable I think, giving you a chance to use speed to get into cover, rather than being killed by alpha very quickly.

6) Depends what you mean by maintenance. Much like Intrusions every 8-16hrs, this could get old fast.