Topic: Cannot connect today

Is anyone else hanging at "connecting to dataserver" today? According to this site, the server is online. My client freezes and has to be killed via the task manager.

Re: Cannot connect today

Game is running and I can connect just fine from Germany.

Where are you from? Maybe something on your way to hungary is broken?

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

Just came back up. (I'm in US )

Client is probably corrupted.

One trick I've found really useful, is after each patch download, to copy the perp file to a different folder. Then when this happens, just copy it back and overwrite the old one, without having to wait for another download.

I also recommend this for players with multiple accounts, download once for patch, then copy it to the other folders to save time.

I get the same issue sometimes. Friends computer connects and they live very locally to me and I can't log in.. 10 minutes later.. it's all fine again.

Weird issue. Not sure what causes it. Sometimes it's after a DC or client crash (Very rare now)

Well, I had had an extremely frustrating time downloading the client initially. It would freeze at random points during the download. Sometimes less than a MB, sometimes it would get 5, 10, (rarely 20) MB. I even let it sit overnight. I ended up having to ctrl-alt-delete and kill the updater every time it froze, and it took about 6 hours total.

So, thinking maybe that was the reason I've been crashing and having other problems, I just uninstalled and started downloading again. It's doing the same thing now.

Connection stability to their terrible poor download server.
I think the highest speed I ever got from it was about 120 kb/s.. If it didn't DC and not tell me.

The appears to be the main issue with the installer, packet loss.

Well, when it *does* connect I get 1MB/sec speeds sometimes. I have to keep the Task Manager open and just kill the uploader every few seconds when it hangs.

It is like a 10mb patch, takes about 15 secs to download?

Perhaps it is hosted in the UK or something as I have always had excellent speeds (installing/setting up on a brand new pc takes about 5 mins, 10 if you include the linux stuff).

I just recently resubbed, and was downloading the entire client. I had had problems, thought perhaps the problems I had getting the client were responsible, so uninstalled and am reinstalling per post #6 in this thread and am having the same problems.