Topic: Tutorial 3-b need to be changed

I made the mistake and a lot people did as well while I was in the help channel, I forgot/didnt know that I should move the package to my box, so when I got to the destination point I have know idea how to go back to the initial area to get the cargo, took me a while, almost gave up but I made it.

Ps: Know idea if this is the right place to post this, didnt find any better.

Re: Tutorial 3-b need to be changed

What would you propose? Should we somehow force the players to read the mission briefing?

The data console will be placed into your 'Private storage' here after you accept this assignment. To transport it, you need to open your robot's cargo hold (right-click on your robot) and drag the data console into it.

DEV Zoom wrote:

What would you propose? Should we somehow force the players to read the mission briefing?

The data console will be placed into your 'Private storage' here after you accept this assignment. To transport it, you need to open your robot's cargo hold (right-click on your robot) and drag the data console into it.

Mission 3-ba can putting the dataconsole inside the cargo and 3-bb for the old 3-b smile

Benos wrote:

Mission 3-ba can putting the dataconsole inside the cargo and 3-bb for the old 3-b smile

lol

But we're thinking on having some smaller event-triggered tutorials that will show you how to put stuff into your cargo, as it seems like it really poses a problem to many.

-the tutorial assignment is fine, i don't think it needs changed. folks just need to pay attention to the game and read the darn mission message.

The part that is a bit odd is the distance to teleport. the mission calls for you to reach the teleport point(s) and then port to another spot. You can do that and not trigger the mission objective that you teleported. That sensor/range issue seems more in need of a fix (if we were to tweak it) than the folks just not reading/paying attention to the assignment messages.

Rattletrap

Rattletrap wrote:

-the tutorial assignment is fine, i don't think it needs changed. folks just need to pay attention to the game and read the darn mission message.

The part that is a bit odd is the distance to teleport. the mission calls for you to reach the teleport point(s) and then port to another spot. You can do that and not trigger the mission objective that you teleported. That sensor/range issue seems more in need of a fix (if we were to tweak it) than the folks just not reading/paying attention to the assignment messages.

Rattletrap

Not everything in a game should be served on a platter so QFT

Belgue wrote:

I made the mistake and a lot people did as well while I was in the help channel, I forgot/didnt know that I should move the package to my box, so when I got to the destination point I have know idea how to go back to the initial area to get the cargo, took me a while, almost gave up but I made it.

Ps: Know idea if this is the right place to post this, didnt find any better.

Actually, this is a part of the tutorial. It's teaching you the penalty for not picking up the item you are supposed to transport. I should really go back and re-take that tutorial mission, because sometimes I still forget... sad

I did the same thing except I manned up, found my way back and did it right. but thats just me

to be honest the number of people i have had to explain this to is ridiculous, and its all down to the grind mmo mentality [just click through go from a to b, and expect that to be it pretty much], or in basic terms like zoom says read the damn briefing. to many people just dont bother, then use the chat channel as a lazy source of info.

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

This reminds me of a song about reading books.

you should read.

Easy solution: add as a first objective to the assignment something in the lines of 'Put the container in your cargo', with the designed location being the terminal where you got the assignment, and not the first teleporter point.

12 (edited by Doc Iridium 2010-12-06 10:53:04)

Only for the Tutorial 3b Mission:

Pop open the personal storage and make the concentric red circles like what is used to draw attention to the tabs at the top of the screens during other tutorials.

Doc Iridium wrote:

Only for the Tutorial 3b Mission:

Pop open the personal storage and make the concentric red circles like what is used to draw attention to the tabs at the top of the screens during other tutorials.

good suggestion. even though I'm so surprised people don't read, it tells you right in the mission statement what you need to do...

unfortunately this is a byproduct of recent hand holding mmos which promote not reading "quests". sad