1 (edited by Mara Kaid Pirate of Nia 2012-01-09 20:28:35)

Topic: Make a proximity plasma bomb type with a high masking value.

Make a bomb type so that it is hidden from users too. And that they get picked up on sd by the detectors.
Will this be easy to do?

Give them a stealth like you do all objects.

It will make it so we can do mines. From the video it looks like they are visual to anyone, can you easily add it in so they are like "hard to detect", and we can have minefields?

Do like 3 types:

normal bomb xx nic ( signal masking low )
somewhat hidden bomb xx+1 mil nic ( signal masking better )
SNEAKY BOMB OHMY I WALKED MY FLEET INTO IT xxx+10 mil nic ( signal masking like ewar + t4 masker + bonus )

oh add in some strength for them so they don't get blown up easily...

lol this would be awesome, like the time we blew up a 30 man fleet using 10 termis...

Re: Make a proximity plasma bomb type with a high masking value.

However bombs should have either high health and low activation times or low health and sort activation times.
There should be no middle ground for them.

These bombs are MEANT to be had to use in battle but amazing to use anti-terrain warfare.

10 points to Gryffindor if anyone to actually KILL anyone with these. (ECM and Demob?)

3 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2012-01-09 21:15:57)

Alexander wrote:

However bombs should have either high health and low activation times or low health and sort activation times.
There should be no middle ground for them.

These bombs are MEANT to be had to use in battle but amazing to use anti-terrain warfare.

10 points to Gryffindor if anyone to actually KILL anyone with these. (ECM and Demob?)

Have to agree with Alexander on this one, -1, should be highly visible and relatively decent activation timers, but with enough hp to actually have time to go off.  After all, seem to be mostly for taking out the proposed walls..

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

lol, come on, you know you want to have 90 bombs around your beta station!!! I DO!!!!

Mara Kaid Pirate of Nia wrote:

lol, come on, you know you want to have 90 bombs around your beta station!!! I DO!!!!

Why??

You would just blow up your allies errrrr I mean enemies with them......

Automated defenses would be nice when PBS comes out though.

Inappropriate signature.

-1 simply because Mara suggested it.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Reminds me of the DotA setup with techies. I hated when the other team had techies smile

Because the voices told me to do it.

8 (edited by Mara Kaid Pirate of Nia 2012-01-10 00:56:56)

It invites creativity into the game, allowing you to shape the battlefield slightly. Just simply limit the number of bombs to be placed within proximity of each other.

Man trapped chest, scrolls you can write on, no wonder the uo generation died.. they probably declined these things.. innovation and new stuff >>> flashpoints.  smile

Spray paint the walls would be another feature I'd add.... AH HA!

Ville wrote:

hahaha meanie!!!!

You would want it too. I heard in ultima online thieves use to put like 1000 treasure chest and trap 900 of them. Nice!!

Saramara wrote:

Reminds me of the DotA setup with techies. I hated when the other team had techies smile

Dendi know how to kill techies big_smile

Ville wrote:

hahaha meanie!!!!

You would want it too. I heard in ultima online thieves use to put like 1000 treasure chest and trap 900 of them. Nice!!

<3

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

62nd again asking for an easy way to kill anything ingame without thinking.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Mara if you serious,
if not:
big_smile:D:D

lol I am serious, why wouldn't you use them? Think about it. Jihad time boys!

So person A just wanders around with a cargo of landmines placing them. Sounds like fun.

Person B is roaming / looking for something to do and then just randomly expodes with no warning. Awesome game. Upon returning to pick up the corpse his hauler then explodes too. Seems like someone put down a minefield and it is gg for that gear.

Is this really what you want?

Just look at how stupid / terrible land mines are in the real world before thinking about adding them to a game. They are used to cheaply and effectively deny territory, can you not imagine what your island would be like once all your enemies (even alpha ones) have turned up and covered it in mines? all those nice Epi fields get a fresh coating of mines, you would not be able to move on beta without a detector and some kind of sweeping ability, let alone harvest your own 'protected' resources.

If you want to make base defence more tactical, why not AoE demob or accumulator drain mine. Coupled with detectors, that notify when someone steps in it. Wouldn't be instantly lethal, but would provide more tactical options without being that easily misused.

And only on Beta Islands, or If on Alpha, then a lot weaker versions.

Just an idea I just had to write... no idea how PvP and base capture etc. works, just an educated guess.

i think a plsamabomb may be way overpowerd. but something like a minelayer as module may sound intresting.

diffrent types of mines could be fun.
- dmg
- demob
- ecm
- neut

MrCeeJ wrote:

So person A just wanders around with a cargo of landmines placing them. Sounds like fun.

Person B is roaming / looking for something to do and then just randomly expodes with no warning. Awesome game. Upon returning to pick up the corpse his hauler then explodes too. Seems like someone put down a minefield and it is gg for that gear.

Yes, exactly the situation I'd like. But charge much money for the landmines.

You realize this is an open pvp persistent world, if we had the technology much worse would happen.

What you think we do when we mask when you go pick up your gear and blow you up again? This just automates the issue.

Bombs are for walls, not for PVP.

MrCeeJ wrote:

Yes, exactly the situation I'd like. But charge much money for the landmines.

You realize this is an open pvp persistent world, if we had the technology much worse would happen.

What you think we do when we mask when you go pick up your gear and blow you up again? This just automates the issue.

Lol @ automates the issue.  It is a Toggie so it would happen for hours on end in one massive loop as literally hundreds of Toggie Argano and Sequers die for that one T4 geoscanner...