1 (edited by Alexadar 2011-10-26 15:54:41)

Topic: Detection nodes

We all knows that trial-arche-eyes are problem, because they using not as intended.
I propose to implement new module: "Detection node layer".
This module will deploy a detection nodes, what will detect everything in small range around.
Extensions will increase maximum count of nodes what can you deploy in the same time, and detection strength.

They will have not much HP, will have detection like arche (or lower), and limited time of live.

Thoughts?

2 (edited by Sundial 2011-10-26 15:59:32)

Re: Detection nodes

Alexadar wrote:

We all knows that trial-arche-eyes are problem, because they using not as intended.
I propose to implement new module: "Detection node layer".
This module will deploy a detection nodes, what will detect everything in small range around.
Extensions will increase maximum count of nodes what can you deploy in the same time, and detection strength.

They will have not much HP, will have detection like arche (or lower), and limited time of live.

Thoughts?

They are not trial accounts, they are alt chars (Speaking for my own Arkhe gate scouts)

Personally I stopped using them and started using multiple detector accounts.

However i think you are right about one thing: game needs less "get X more accounts so you can do this" things. This would be very helpful.

+1

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I think that teleporters should have a "Shroud" around them masking anyone under their influence making it hard to not only jump into an area and scout it by looking out from the teleporter but also looking in.

Basically teleporters should emit massive amounts of interference.

Owning an outpost on an island should then cause alerts when non-corp/alliance members use an external teleportor (More reason to add alliances into the game). This would mean that scouts in general would not work unless the enemy leaves the teleporter area.

Deployable camera are another option to this problem much like Alexadar suggested but I believe it MUST be linked outpost ownership. smile

I'm rising this topic to show people that DEVs listening to players. big_smile
"Detection node" or "Proximity probe" will be released in this month.

Yep +1 for devs responding to player feedback!

Let's see how it will work. +1 for a while big_smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

+1 devs good job, thanks for listening.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.