Topic: For those, who hate player name bars over the robots

For those, who hate player name bars over the robots:
http://piccy.info/view3/2434654/463602c … 85fd/orig/
Discuss this strange idea

Re: For those, who hate player name bars over the robots

anotations ?

not a bad idea.

i got so many ideas on how to improve the terrain interface - but i cannot bother writing them down since the GUI revamp necessary for that is by far not in sight yet sad

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

IMO with large numbers there will be all screen in such lines spoiling everything.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

If it could be turned off and on then I would give you a plus.  But anything larger than a 10 on 10 the screen would be too cluttered and the client would be jumping around so much to keep the lines on moving targets that it would be more detrimental than an aid.

~mixed~

Could be interesting. I would suggest to make it as an extra option, but definitely worth adding to the game (or at least something similar to this).

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

I agree with Dan.
Also, guys, it will be good if you will throw somewhere similar ideas what will propose:
1. Easier visual LOS calculation in mass PvP
2. Less loaded tactical screen with playername bars, target symbols etc. in mass PvP

Alexadar wrote:

1. Easier visual LOS calculation in mass PvP

What i really would like to have is some sort of togglabe illuminated grid that show the ground topology, and maybe a small red cross somewhere on the target when its not in LOS.  But the grid would be really really helpful. Maybe you can render wireframed mesh of the ground with shiny colors?

the overlay simply needs more flexibility. something like anotation based HUD informations and target indicator, or even LoS indicator - that are thing that should be open-source java/flash based that ANY nerd could use to programm his own interface and release it for others.

with a rather small DEV team it would take the workload to the playerbase - and games like WoW demonstrate that player-made interfaces are doable and often simply better.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Wait, this thread is about LoS or player names?

What about LoS, there can be some kind of mini-window that shows current primary target as if you're looking on it from first view, with all the terrain possibly closing it.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

Wait, this thread is about LoS or player names?

What about LoS, there can be some kind of mini-window that shows current primary target as if you're looking on it from first view, with all the terrain possibly closing it.

since the LoS calculation has nearly nothing in common with what you can "see" on the screen, that wouldnt help in any way.

remember: LoS start and endpoint for many robots is pretty much above the actual mesh - and the terrain for the server looks like a minecraft map.