Topic: Keep presents

Please keep the present drops in the game as a temporary boost to the economy (out of corp market).  Its quite a nice little feature smile

+1
-Confucius

Re: Keep presents

It's not chinese new year yet anyway!

how about not keeping the presents, but adjusting loot tables to be more... themepark styled as some would call it?

where a 1st star robot has at least the chance to drop anything up to t4, but with a very low chance.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Turn Perpetuum in a Themepark!

Orly they have been removed ??

gusar wrote:

Orly they have been removed ??

Part of the suggestion is that they do not.

is it really a boost to the "market" if you can farm t4 items out of a lvl1 random spawn 1000m away from the terminal?

sure, i got many items that i dont really need (kinetic hardener, heat-IX missiles, some pvp specific nexus, ... ) that i could trade on the market. Its a nice income if any1 buys that stuff that i got for nearly zero costs (1-8 shots self crafted medium laser ammo per robot)

whats with the t1-t3 market?

@ Alexander:

the npcs are located in static locations, ready to farm - sorted by color and strength. Instead of a fence the terrain holds them in their grid. Just like a park or zoo (with the licencse to hunt there)
Each island has many buildings placed fitting the islands "theme"

Park + Theme = Themepark.
to amplify that, add the carefully handmade and story powered missions to that and tell me what it needs to change the game into a so called thempark game?

but thats not the topic....

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Kaldenines I hope you didnt think about that far... (The smile was a sing btw)

I just need to say NO keep this presents ingame.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

9 (edited by Cobalt 2012-01-04 13:58:50)

Why didnt they remove the aids drop?  Really good question that id like to be answered by a dev...   Seriously, they down the server for that only matter right?  What did they had to remove/change about new year event, except aids drop?  So they reset the server for 15mn, but nothing changed by my point of view yikes

Btw i think they saw an increase of activity and correlated it to aids drop...  well i dont think so.  Just give us the damw POS, even buggy, even rushed, even unbalanced!!    We will do it, like in several other indie sandboxy mmos:  we will stay and help make it fonctional.

But no comm+ no real design evolution (i mean glider... ok.  But like George Clooney says:  What else??)   IMO its just a poor gamedesign decision that has been taken to bypass the multitile engine limitation.  Tbh i didnt even seen one scarab ingame.  But still my complaint is valid.  You buy yourselves time with little content very hard to get =  grind your teeth on the ground until we advance with the real meal?   That kind of behavior wont help forever.

I dunno where is the development bottleneck with POS, if its modelling (im almost sure its not); programmation? maybe but i dont see why.  Is it gameplay/gamedesign? Certainly it is.  Because we can all agree, a real RTS implementation in a persistent world is HARD to achieve. Look at mortal and territory control. Thats not perfect far from it. But at least they made the "real meal" BEFORE they put all the salt and pepper (content). That will buy them sooo many time before players starts to get bored again.  Glider will buy you what?  The time to grind the research for the big alliances, and after what?  Things will be as they were before, just with a bigger hauler ingame.  That all folks!

IMO you should give max priority to POS, meaning only the devs that cannot work on pos atm should work on something else. No arty, no content adding, just pos. Once we have the basic buildings, player housing/storage, tturret towers, aoe bonus towers, so much diversity and fun we can have. But i understand its really hard to think about all the exploits, bugs, illogisms that could appear with such a complex system implemented in a mmo persistent world...

as far as i can tell from the blogposts and CRMs last post on forums, they are already working on POS and territory control - and BoyC on engine upgrade.

though imho, advanced player built structures like stations or housings are not possible at islands that can be scouted in a few minutes by a group of light bots with detector fits.

Destructible walls/fences and gates, placeable on predefined groundtiles around existing outposts would be the next step to release, IMHO - if they cannot release bigger islands yet

Cobalt wrote:

Why didnt they remove the aids drop?  Really good question that id like to be answered by a dev...

That is definitely a question I would like to hear the answer to.

T4 loot from AIDs have a very low cost so producers that try to make the same stuff will always be unable to compete against it on the open market.
By continuing this “feature” for so long the economy shift from being a player driven economy to a loot driven economy.
It is a little weird that the devs out of the blue do something like this, they have for over a year worked on improving the player driven economy, something we have seen in numerous patches e.g. the 2011-08-09 patch that improved the low tier CTs.

It will be interesting to see what it really is that the devs want with the Perpetuum economy, I don't plan on leaving the game anytime soon so I am sure I will be around to see it, but one thing is sure I did not plan on being a part of a loot driven economy so I canceled my 97 sell orders yesterday.

12 (edited by Kaldenines 2012-01-05 16:11:23)

acidraid wrote:

T4 loot from AIDs have a very low cost so producers that try to make the same stuff will always be unable to compete against it on the open market.
By continuing this “feature” for so long the economy shift from being a player driven economy to a loot driven economy.
It is a little weird that the devs out of the blue do something like this, they have for over a year worked on improving the player driven economy, something we have seen in numerous patches e.g. the 2011-08-09 patch that improved the low tier CTs.

It will be interesting to see what it really is that the devs want with the Perpetuum economy, I don't plan on leaving the game anytime soon so I am sure I will be around to see it, but one thing is sure I did not plan on being a part of a loot driven economy so I canceled my 97 sell orders yesterday.

The first statement is an entirely valid argument.  AIDs are just a bit of holiday fun and should not be a permanent feature.  I assume they are going to be removed soon.

So you canceled your sell orders thinking that T4 gear prices are currently being driven down by AIDs drops and that you can sell for more later?

Personally, I find the external market woefully under-stocked and overpriced.  Have any more regular users of the external market noticed a change following the introduction of AIDs?

+1
-Confucius

AIDs have been removed from artifacts, we just forgot to remove them from elite NPCs, and didn't want to make another server restart only for that again. They will be removed during our next patch, which will probably happen on Monday.

DEV Zoom wrote:

AIDs have been removed from artifacts, we just forgot to remove them from elite NPCs, and didn't want to make another server restart only for that again. They will be removed during our next patch, which will probably happen on Monday.

WOOT!! New patch!!!!!!!

Details???? I will sacrifice a goat if you share!

Inappropriate signature.

Kaldenines wrote:

The first statement is an entirely valid argument.  AIDs are just a bit of holiday fun and should not be a permanent feature.  I assume they are going to be removed soon.

So you canceled your sell orders thinking that T4 gear prices are currently being driven down by AIDs drops and that you can sell for more later?

Personally, I find the external market woefully under-stocked and overpriced.  Have any more regular users of the external market noticed a change following the introduction of AIDs?

My sell order was composed of ammunition/charges and T1-T4 equipment, only somewhere around 15-20% of my orders was T4.
When I created my one man corp (NTO) back in the beginning of November my goal was to make every item, that I could produce, available on the open market.
I did not necessarily want to be the cheapest producer but I wanted to make sure that everything was available to a fair price.
One of the areas that I recently got involved in was the mining charges, here I was continuously putting up sell orders with 100k for 15 NIC each, before this the price of charges ranged from 19-21 NIC each, and that was how I did it with all my orders, if I thought that the current profit margins was too unfair I would lower my price accordingly.
I am sure that we all could discuss what T4 items is really worth for a long time, but that is not my point.

My point is. (and in order answer your question)
No I did not cancel my order be course of T4 gear prices nor that I might be able to get more for them later.
The reason is that I feel that the DEVs for some obscure reason (maybe lack of understanding?) do not care about what large amount of free stuff can do to an economy.
If we look at what have happened. The first time we had this “feature” was during the anniversary weekend, 3 days of this special event, nothing big and very fun. Then less then 30 days later they implement AIDs again this time for 10-11 days, now that is what I find a little bit silly, it is like the DEVs just want to try and please the players with free stuff, but I went with it, and I managed to farm 400 AIDs between December 26 and January 2. Personally I think that 400 is a ridicules amount of “presents” from a bit of holiday fun, and this “fun” is just continuing on and on and on, we are now 3 days past the intended period of time that this was supposed to be, and it looks like we will go 4 days more  before the DEVs find it convenient to stop this madness.

Think about it, a “safe” (read: low level) dynamic spawn with 3 groups of NPCs on alpha can give you an elite NPC every 5-6 minutes, at least that is what I got yesterday when I actually used a stopwatch to test. I find it just so hilariously silly.