Topic: General Speed.

I wanted to comment on the general run speed of the game: its slow.

For how far apart some of the objectives are it definitely feels like most of this game is traversing.

Then again i guess its not suppose to be a fast paced game.

2 (edited by Draftbeer 2010-12-03 13:15:48)

Re: General Speed.

I agree - I spend too much time just to travel from A to B.
Long walks are not fun factor at least to me.
However changing moving speed is bad idea balance wise - create more complex local teleport system instead. [Except on Beta islands.]

Most of your time will be spent going from A-B and to increase your efficiency it's usually a good idea to exploit anything closer to your home location than further away. There are ways to increase speeds but Lightweight frames will also reduce your armour.

The teleport network is already rather large and increasing it on the Alpha island will just make people complain about the beta island if any previous changes are to go by. If you're running assignment they do involved going back and forth a lot so you might want to think about either staying longer at each location for a few extra kernels or items or trying to find two assignments near each other and taking multiple. Later on assignments will earn you a lot of NIC but the risk factor does increase. For now the assignment system works but it's hardly impressive. Let's hope something can be done about that.

The Game

/agree
I had same feeling yesterday, maybe speed up the game a bit y

Gain a temporary speed boost when you undock and use a teleport would be great.

i want town scrolls for all Stations, terminals and outposts.

Siddy wrote:

i want town scrolls for all Stations, terminals and outposts.

no u just want to flame

8 (edited by Ulver 2010-12-03 13:31:28)

Yeah I went exploring yesterday, walked forever through valleys and too the furthest shore line. The enemies I found didn't drop loot or was bugged and then I walked back to the L1 quest spot and grinded some cash. I now they want the squadleader speed boost to be great but it's really slow traveling equipped and there need to be something to go out and explore for.

If mechs travel faster the world gets smaller... IMO they already need to make things bigger...

When's the last time you went for a 30 minute jog and traversed an entire island?

The time you need to get from one point to another is a essential part of pvp. If you can be in no-time at any location you get a hack&slay game.

I think it is good if you need some time to reach a special position, but the possible rewards must scale with this time. In every MMPOG time is the real currency.

they could make content more dense around hub areas and more sparse further out. The world is pretty much empty canyons to get lost in with little enemies or stuff right now. Then we would have both.

12 (edited by Kiriath 2010-12-04 05:40:07)

the amount of whining that has startet resently is disgusting. Fact you can get from any point on the map, to any other point in less than two hours, if anything thats WAY too fast. Go play wow if you want your fasttravel.

The current speed feels really too slow. I know it is required since the islands are so small, but something need to be done.

Roads on the corporation owned island that speed up the bots? And that could be build later on the players owned ones?

travel time inst really that bad. Eve had you traveling way more so a ten minute jog inst too painful. Travel time between betas isn't even bad and there is no direct route.

Run speed is really bad, need a bit tunning.

Currently, the long travel times are a factor in every strategic decision we make be it pvp, industry, or marketing.  Thoughtful decision making should be rewarded.  Reducing travel times would make the world functionally smaller and reduce the consequences of location.  It would reduce the benefits of making good strategic decisions.  In short, it dumbs down the game.  I don't want Perpetuum to suffer that fate as so many others have.

There will be lots of desynch/positioning issues if movement speed will be increased. the interpolation between 2 position updates already is flawed sometimes - it will become unplayable if there is more speed - esp. in pvp.

Speed can't be increased unless the islands get bigger.

It usually only takes me 15 minutes to scout an entire island

intakt at 120kph feels soooo... fast.. zoom zoom.

I disagree with this, I don't think the bots need to be faster. I like having a little bit of travel time involved, it makes trading between terminals a bit more interesting. I don't want everything to be on my doorstep, otherwise what is the point of playing a massively MORPG?

i agree with some of the above posts.. yes i can take some time to get from point A to B but the last thing you want to do is make the game feel smaller. is a bad thing IMO EVE is a point in case with a intro of Jump bridge networks Cap ships.

thats my 2cents

I think some people are just weird. Traveling is boring as hell.. And if you look at your bot's legs moving for too long, youll want to quit the game.

It looks absolutely stupid.

Maybe some of you are traveling with a tour guide? Gary Busey sits on the back of your bot going "Off to your left is the great cystal falls, a great place to bring a certain ladybot you fancy!".

When the honest truth is probably all of us hit NUM LOCK and adjust when we hit a silly outdoor staglagmite.

BizzyBeast wrote:

I think some people are just weird. Traveling is boring as hell.. And if you look at your bot's legs moving for too long, youll want to quit the game.

It looks absolutely stupid.

Maybe some of you are traveling with a tour guide? Gary Busey sits on the back of your bot going "Off to your left is the great cystal falls, a great place to bring a certain ladybot you fancy!".

When the honest truth is probably all of us hit NUM LOCK and adjust when we hit a silly outdoor staglagmite.

That quote didn't fit with Busey's voice for me.

<Pick a better co-pilot>

~G~

GLiMPSE wrote:

That quote didn't fit with Busey's voice for me.

<Pick a better co-pilot>

~G~

Celebrity Rehab has done wonders for him. Instead of being a hater, support Gary in his rehabilition.