Re: DEVS: Troiar nerf/fix

Karos wrote:

^ Just wanted to point out, an Ictus with lvl 10 electrostractic dispersion will still only be neut @ 22.86% effectiveness, from what i heard the Ictus will run dry before the troiar.

This is only what i have heard though, not experienced, i can only guess based off the numbers.

1v1 your right the ictus MK1 will loose to the MK2 Troiar totally depending on the Ictus fit, but in 99% of the encounters that i have been in an Ictus will never be alone (unless he doesnt know what hes doing)  thus making his partners (squads) DPS come into play.

1v1 you can fit an IctusMK1 to effectively not be touched by the TroiarMK2 neut, you will be demobed but 1v1 whats the point you two will not do anything to each other until one of you get some backup. 

run a IctusMK2 vs a TroiarMK2 and i will bet anyone an IctusMK2 that they will not be able to kill me(in my Ictus MK2) vs (them it their TroiarMK2) in a 1v1 fight. Comparing MK2 versions of bots to other MK1's is not balanced.. it would be more balanced to compare a MK2 vs another MK2 because of the differences in their bonuses and number of available high and low slots. 

Also: your not factoring in improved energy neutralization which will add to the amount of energy taken. there are other skills that effect how much you can neut for in an Ictus, such as advanced robotics.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

mAn IF the troiar gets nerfed *Obi wan Feels a great disturbance in the force.... as if the 1000 Pit Fiends cried out in terror & then were silenced*

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

28 (edited by Pit Fiend 2011-11-18 15:40:10)

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

...1000 Pit Fiends...

Heresy!!

For your blasphemous statement, you will be taken by force to the lowest of the 9, where your so called soul will slowly burn for a millenia before your retched existence turns into a insignificant speck as a lowly lemure to serve me as my personal pain pet for an eternity!!! 

Consider yourself lucky for the light sentence, for I am merciful.

As I've said before, and I say again -> there is only one Pit Fiend.

Often imitated, never duplicated... yarr

so, whats the progress of this one?

i see so many mk2 troiar entries as victims on perp-killboard.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Yeah, you can kill troiar MK2's now, on to the Tyrranos Mk2 problem.

Shaedys wrote:

+1

Yes, please DEV´s, its about time to check the Tyrannos. With its 50% Bonus on Accu Recharge Tme/ 88 sec to recharge 2580 Accu (my stats), on a Combat Missle bot, which does not even need Accu for Missles, its by far to overpowered. In Comparism to Trojar/ MK2 and Ictus, which do rely on shields.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

MoBIoS wrote:
Shaedys wrote:

+1

Yes, please DEV´s, its about time to check the Tyrannos. With its 50% Bonus on Accu Recharge Tme/ 88 sec to recharge 2580 Accu (my stats), on a Combat Missle bot, which does not even need Accu for Missles, its by far to overpowered. In Comparism to Trojar/ MK2 and Ictus, which do rely on shields.

big_smile

Don't worry. If tyranos will be nerfed, Chaos will make another unkillable bot.

Seth/gropho after the tyrranos

then mesmer (omg, it can kill mechs with one salvo!)
then riveler mk2 (imba mining machine)
then zenith... has just to much range with its deadly demob... through hills
then vagabond - has just to high chance to ecm... through hills
then waspish - has just to high range for an assault bot.
then arkhe - its just to cheap
then ERP, because
then RR, because it makes heavy mechs live longer!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Hmmm so Tyranos is good at:

1. Shield Tanking

Solution:

Nerf Shield Tanking, make it good at nothing!

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:

Hmmm so Tyranos is good at:

1. Shield Tanking

Solution:

Nerf Shield Tanking, make it good at nothing!

Well said. +1

RIP PERPETUUM

Annihilator wrote:

then ERP, because

nerf the scarab, it carries too much

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

then ERP, because

nerf the scarab, it carries too much

+1

And after that, nerf everything again, just to be sure...

Critical  SnipeR wrote:

And after that, nerf everything again, just to be sure...

And after that you can begin to boost.
Divine cycle...

42 (edited by Mongolia Jones 2011-12-28 23:28:44)

I'm already talking to devs about the Tyrannos exploit.  It suffers from the same Hungarian math that the Troiar suffered from pre-nerf.

If they plan not to do anything about it then I will let the rest of the community know exactly which skills to level to what level to get the broken Tyrannos.

Why they bothered to nerf the Troiar and not the Tyrannos is beyond me.  And don't tell me that the troiar mk2 was unkillable pre-nerf because it wasn't.  At least mine (Pit Fiend) was VERY hard to kill but other people who did not know which skills to skill up to what level were piloting easily killable Troiar Mk2s.

Same goes for the Tyrannos Mk2.  Someone with the right skills at the highest level is immensely more potent (and MUCH harder to kill) than a person just a couple skill points less.  The Tyrannos power grows exponentially as you skill up the right skills while all other skills for all other bots increase linearly.  That's the broken math exploit people are using.

I knew about the Troiar/Tyrannos problem back in May 2011 before anyone else and created a Trioar which exploited that math.

Again, if the devs do nothing then I will essentially give the cheat code for tapping into the full Tyrannos power curve.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Mongolia Jones wrote:

Again, if the devs do nothing then I will essentially give the cheat code for tapping into the full Tyrannos power curve.

Go ahead. It will be challenging at least big_smile

Mongolia Jones wrote:

The Tyrannos power grows exponentially as you skill up the right skills while all other skills for all other bots increase linearly.

Besides, imo, i think it was intended: tyr bad in a beginning, and good at the endgame. Remember how fun was to kill tyranoses by kains? Remember how easy was to make kain-shotgun with navi10 and lwf? in a case of kain, maybe kain is OP, because it is very easy to train in the beginning of game?
Discuss...

damn, alexadar, your right, i forgot

nerf kain - its to easy to use/fit!

and pit fiend, i already said to the troiar - its the only thing ingame that is not using hungarian math... and therefor broken

Alexadar wrote:
Mongolia Jones wrote:

The Tyrannos power grows exponentially as you skill up the right skills while all other skills for all other bots increase linearly.

Besides, imo, i think it was intended: tyr bad in a beginning, and good at the endgame. Remember how fun was to kill tyranoses by kains? Remember how easy was to make kain-shotgun with navi10 and lwf? in a case of kain, maybe kain is OP, because it is very easy to train in the beginning of game?
Discuss...

Alexadar I can understand your apprehension at my "spilling the beans" on the Tyrannos but your argument above  holds no water.

Lets take your example further:

Beginning game:
-Artemis kills Kain
-Kain kills Tyrannos
-Tyrannos kills Artemis
Rock-Paper-Scissors - The world is in harmony

End game:
-Artemis kills Kain
-Tyrannos kills Kain
-Tyrannos kills Artemis
What's wrong with this picture?

Annihilator wrote:

damn, alexadar, your right, i forgot

nerf kain - its to easy to use/fit!

and pit fiend, i already said to the troiar - its the only thing ingame that is not using hungarian math... and therefor broken

LOL Anni, ya nerf the Kain because it is too easy for noobs to use, lets see how far that line of thinking goes.  The only reason the kain is "easy to fit" is because it has 2 extra useless missile slots which are junk slots because it's not worth the extra 20 dps.  If those slots allowed drainers or neuts then fitting the kain will become much more a challenge.

Secondly, your Troiar quote was factually incorrect as the Tyrannos uses the same math as the troiar did and therefore was not "the only mech to use it.".  Plus your version of Hungarian math is more narrow minded.  You still have no idea why the Troiar was and now the Tyrannos is broken.  At least nothing you have posted tells me you know why.

48 (edited by Alexadar 2011-12-29 01:29:58)

Mongolia Jones wrote:

End game:
-Artemis kills Kain
-Tyrannos kills Kain
-Tyrannos kills Artemis

I think wrong colors. Too incentive to read.

If kain dying 1v1 in a fight with tyr, i think that kain is *** to not use speed and range.

Alexadar wrote:
Mongolia Jones wrote:

End game:
-Artemis kills Kain
-Tyrannos kills Kain
-Tyrannos kills Artemis

I think wrong colors. Too incentive to read.

If kain dying 1v1 in a fight with tyr, i think that kain is *** to not use speed and range.

Ok, Alexadar let me make the proper changes so that it satisfies your sensibilities.

End game:
-Tyrannos WILL kill a Kain if it gets in range.
-Tyrannos WILL NEVER die to a Kain regardless of range.
also for further clarity...
-Kain WILL only survive a Tyrannos if it uses it's superior speed to run away.

fixed...

BTW, since when did a kain get a longer range than a Tyrannos?  Was there a patch I missed?

50 (edited by Hunter 2011-12-29 07:11:29)

Need to correct you:

Mongolia Jones wrote:

-Artemis kills noob-solo-Kain
-Tyrannos kills noob-solo-Kain
-Tyrannos kills noob-solo-Artemis
%any-good-player% kill noob-solo-%any-target%

P.S. If you can't kill somebody - not means that impossible. smile

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...