1 (edited by Neijek 2010-12-06 20:49:36)

Topic: Geoscaning / Mining Node / Extensions

This may also be a bug, as I've briefly talked about it with one of the GMs but he suggested posting for certain so this issue can be looked over.

Brief Explanation of the Situation:
Basically this, when you do a geoscan (either area or tile based) the results do not seem to be very accurate, even further, i've been pushing my geoscan accuracy up via it's extension and it does not seem to help and or reflect any change in over all accuracy.

Detailed Explanation:
*First: "area based scan". From what I have noticed both with or without improved accuracy the % mark is way too inaccurate.

I currently use a normal geoscanner (50% accuracy) + i have invested 4 points into improved accuracy (4%+ x 4 = +16%). I originally ran a few test on this while i was using just the geoscanner without any extensions as well.

If i ran an area based scan, it's result was 0%, but then doing a tile based scan for the same mineral of course) showed me plenty of both yellow and a 1 red nodes. This of course within the area i had just scanned.

After mining those nodes i recovered around 0.2-.0.4 mil ore. Thus even if maybe every other tile within that area had 0 ore (lets say titan va) then the 0% is still very inaccurate as from what i can see the "area" is 1000-10000m no? a base tile scan does 100m so min should of been 10-5%or even 1-0.5%* as there was some green and black nodes in my tile as well. or even if this is all not precise 0% just denotes nothing at all, it's  very misleading.

Furthermore, even if i take into account the 50-36% inaccuracy based on my skill and geoscanner, multiple area scans revealed the same 0% result of the SAME area.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Second: "Tile based scans". Considering the SAME skill set above (so from 50% to 36% INaccuracy) I do a tile base scan. Upload it and i look at around 40/60 nodes. 1 or 2 of which are light yellow (almost green) - 10 green - the rest either almost or all green/black.

I move to the yellow one, lock on, nothing there. Ok, i move to 1-2-3-4-5-6 green ones, nothing there. At this point i think, even if my scanner results where 50% inacurate, at least 1 of those i just tried should of had a little ore in it (being that the nodes where either green or yellow and NOT all black).

Ok so I rescan, i get pretty much the same results, same kind of nodes, same colors, but no ore.

I've seen this result even at my current 50% +16% geoscanning accuracy. The scan level just does not reflect the found nodes, and nodes are being misrepresented as having ore even after multiple scans but in fact do not.

-------

As a side note, i was going to add a few suggestions here of some things that i would like to see added. but I will do so in the right forum, for now, please either re-explain how it all supposed to work, or correct it as it's broken (as a gm already mentioned it might be) smile. all done smile.

Re: Geoscaning / Mining Node / Extensions

It was confirmed by:

"[14:19:46] <Neijeksmule> nn intendevo il fatto che e tutto "sminato" a parte il fatto che se la zona nn a da minare nn ci dovrebbe essere una missione. seno perdiamo rep per niente.. ma cmq. intendevo il fatto che la accuraci nn sembra riflettere un aiuto correto e che i tile/vrarea scan nn sono correti
[14:20:21] <GM Xorian> si in effetti è un problema già segnalato questo
[14:20:29] <Neijeksmule> lo e?
[14:20:46] <Neijeksmule> perche se no volevo metter un posto su di esso. pero se e un problema gia noto allora lo lascio stare .
[14:20:53] <Neijeksmule> e attendo che sia aggiustato
[14:20:55] <GM Xorian> mettilo
[14:21:05] <GM Xorian> uno più fà salire la serietà del problema"

that it is a problem.

---

Later today (7-12-2010) gm Risiko said it was not a problem.

Unsure but i belive it needs further dev testing and a minimum an improvement of the % screen shown on the area based scans to include 000.00 (so the scan result can be 0.10%).

Re: Geoscaning / Mining Node / Extensions

As an update, after re-understanding the extensions and how their bonus applies I am now sitting at 66.x% geaoscanning accuracy.

I've done a few more tests, it seems that tile based scans might be working as intended, right now my policy is to do 2-3 tile scans then by switching through them i pick the tiles that seem to consistently have ore and thus i find minerals almost always now.

The area scan will show 0% even if half a mil is mined out of that area (the highest i've done in one area scan. As it stands now i do NOT know what the minimum must be to reach 1%. Thus i definitely suggest a larger digit for that % (say 100.00) i mean sure later IG half a mil ore is nothing but its really something a 2 days IG.

I'll do more testing and report back (meanwhile maybe risiko/xorian let me know.. or il ask agian in chat when i find u two) smile