Topic: Weapons: The (more) Complete Math

Resource with all the weapon stats of all tiers in one spreadsheet for easy viewing.

Warning: may cause headaches due to sheer amount of numbers.

Perpetuum Weapons Stats

Will do some analysis on the stats later on.

*Insert really awesome sig here*

Re: Weapons: The (more) Complete Math

Good Job!!

As a former EVE ONLINE player  I suddenly feel right at home. smile

Imagine having to come up with all these numbers and keep it balanced. Though it seems they managed it.

And props to you Gobla *thumbs up*

hmm, far away from complete

to many other factors playing into the math then just the values on the weapons.
eg.
-Robot bonus
-Accuracy
-Critical Hits
-maximum possible tunings to fit on the bot
-EP costs for extensions

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

5 (edited by Gobla 2010-12-05 19:00:15)

Recognizer wrote:

hmm, far away from complete

to many other factors playing into the math then just the values on the weapons.
eg.
-Robot bonus
-Accuracy
-Critical Hits
-maximum possible tunings to fit on the bot
-EP costs for extensions

Those aren't really in the weapons themselves. Accuracy excluded, which I did include in the chart in the form of hit dispersion.

Robot bonusses are in the robot. Critical hits are in the agent ( and for Thelodica the robot. ) Tunings are also in the robot and EP cost in the agent.

I'll probably eventually get around to making sheets for those but they're outside the scope of a pure weapons sheet. I figure that once I dust off my programming skills I'll start development on a Perpetuum Fitting Tool, still gathering data like this for now though.

And I'd say welcome to spreadsheets online v2.0 big_smile

Do we know how the to hit chance is calculated?

In eve it was based on transversials ... velosity ... the size of the weapon and the signiture of the target.

But speed and transversial dont seem to be in perpetuum. Dispersal, and surface hit radius seem to replace weapon size and sig.

But in EVE speed was a major defence for small ships ... so do we know how light bots will be able to avoid incoming fire from much larger mechs? Will the light robots remain effective later in the game? Or will we have to trade up for ever larger and larger mechs?

Seamus (Rik)

Hit chance seems to be only calculated by Surface Size/Hit Dispersion.

Medium lasers are the most accurate medium weapons and untrained have a 3/8 chance to hit and with enough training can get that up near 50%.

My tests so far show that extensions which decrease smaller numbers such as lock time, reload time and probably hit dispersion as well are calculated as:

( 1 / ( 1 + A ) ) * B.
With A = percentile decrease ( 3% decrease means A = 0,03, 3 levels of 3% decrease means A = 0,09. 3 levels of skill decrease plus module with 10% decrease means A = 0,19 )
With B = base level ( so for target locking B = 12,5 )

This means that with a surface hit size of 3 ( light robots ) the worst you'll face is a 50% chance to be hit by medium weapons. More likely the chance will be around 33% or so.

Thanks for your time making this. I have to excuse myself, so I can go print out several hundred copies of this, and cuddle in them for their nerd-warmth giving abilities.

Do the weapons have critical hit chance or there is only the extension up to 10%?

Seridur wrote:

Do the weapons have critical hit chance or there is only the extension up to 10%?

I'm pretty damn sure that critical hits gained through the extension and robots ( Thelodica Clan has some robots with critical hit bonus. )

The stat is recorded on the information for your robot, not your weapon in any case.

I really would like to see some deep analysis of the different weapon types. Of course there are many factors to consider, even the robot's bonuses, the line of sight effect (maybe you can shoot from 500m but good luck finding  a flat terrain), hit percentage (is there  a list somewhere about surface sizes? ) etc

there is no base chance to do a critical hit, but all critical hit bonuses sum up.
extension + robot bonus + NEXUS

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Nice!

Can't wait for the fitting tool.

I'm impressed Gobla, nice job.

awesome work.

<bookmarked>

~M~

In the echelons of human history, legend spoke of the Messiah, who would lead the lost, from the darkness, into the light...

~Don't say you weren't warned~

To be noob friendly, could you add all weapons in another sheet and list what type they are? Like Standard Firearm Autocannon --> T1 Small Guns ... and so on

Hey guys,

I used Gobla's data to put together a semi-useful dashboard for analyzing weapon efficiency VS weapon dmg.

http://public.tableausoftware.com/views … p;:tabs=no

You can hover over data points for information, and highlight/click points or point-sets to see where they fit into the other graph.

Hope it is useful!

T

Wow, you guys are doing a great job!

Thanks Gobla, thanks Ohm!

All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful - Kohelet Rabbah 7:16

"My transaction log shows all my NIC was from selling kernals.  All of it."
"Savin's outrage tears are the best tears." - Anonymous ***

19 (edited by BoxerSlayer 2010-12-24 17:48:25)

Very good stuff. Im working on dps calculator, and you just saved me a *** ton off work.
Very simple calc. Select a bot / weapons / tunings / ammo, get a total alpha and dps reading.
Have all the related "secret"(lol) formulas, and a working program, just need more items/bots in there, and massive gui improvements.

Devs!: Want to buy item full game item dump. Its in the planner, I know you have it

BoxerSlayer wrote:

Very good stuff. Im working on dps calculator, and you just saved me a *** ton off work.
Very simple calc. Select a bot / weapons / tunings / ammo, get a total alpha and dps reading.
Have all the related "secret"(lol) formulas, and a working program, just need more items/bots in there, and massive gui improvements.

Devs!: Want to buy item full game item dump. Its in the planner, I know you have it

This would be helpful!

the guy who made the planner used a OCR software and screenshots to get the data.

Using Gobla's data from another thread, I made a robot stat graph-set:
http://public.tableausoftware.com/views … p;:tabs=no

Enjoy