51 (edited by Jasdemi 2010-12-06 22:27:49)

Re: Why I'm leaving PO

no u

EDIT: Page three. Yay!

Jasdemi wrote:

no u

Put down the KY jelly bud, three pages of anonymous hate should not make you this horny.

Also, do you like SUBWAY? I'm pretty sure they stole that idea... the gui on their products is the same as Quiznos Imo. Two pieces of bread with assorted meats, cheeses, and veggies in the middle? Get your own *** ideas, amirite?

We should go make accounts on the Subway forums and tell THEM we're leaving too! That's twice the attention to fuel your nerdrage.:cool:

Its not only GUI.

They copied almost everything - fitting, damage types, weapon types, stats (capacitor, falloff and optimal distance again, really?), entire combat (target lock, modules, etc), pve (agent lvls again? please no).

Right now this game looks like a degraded copy of EvE.

Perpetuum's combat is going to evolve into something vastly different than Eve. I think it will be more fun and refreshing and I for one don't want to be the same guy I was in Eve.

You know the guy who started playing years after launch.

Testosterowned wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

no u

Put down the KY jelly bud, three pages of anonymous hate should not make you this horny.

Also, do you like SUBWAY? I'm pretty sure they stole that idea... the gui on their products is the same as Quiznos Imo. Two pieces of bread with assorted meats, cheeses, and veggies in the middle? Get your own *** ideas, amirite?

We should go make accounts on the Subway forums and tell THEM we're leaving too! That's twice the attention to fuel your nerdrage.:cool:

I agree, man. Let's bring justice to this unfair world! big_smile

56 (edited by franko 2010-12-07 09:39:47)

Hamsternator wrote:

Its not only GUI.

They copied almost everything - fitting, damage types, weapon types, stats (capacitor, falloff and optimal distance again, really?), entire combat (target lock, modules, etc), pve (agent lvls again? please no).

Right now this game looks like a degraded copy of EvE.

Its not a bad thing, but game must evolve in something better/different. There is a lot work needed from dev side.
Content patches, bug correcting, balancing... There must be changes that will make people happy...

They did use a nice bunch of aspects of EVE, but thats how games work. You take something from a game and try to make it better in your own game.

Still this game is alot different then EVE. And I don't mean the system they used from EVE but how that system works with ground based combat with direct control.

I also think they nailed the problems EVE has and introduced a better system. Skilling is one but also how production works.. there aren't everlasting blueprints. And they even introduced two new jobs in the production chain.

Also a big change is that you can't 'warp away' into safety. This forces players into working together which is great. It isn't really forced because you still can mine (for example) in PVP area's alone but you better ask others to protect ya.

So in conclusion, yes they used stuff from EVE but they changed is for the better and with the ground based combat with direct control it plays compleetly different then EVE.

the 500 ppl playing the 1kplus accounts is not enough to make it a MMO maybe a mMO

More People will play the game...it takes only timeeee:)

It looks like EVE. And one can use EVE knowledge to some degree. But it's NOT exactly same. So enjoy new game.

Well, it just looks like a fan modification to EvE really.

Hamsternator wrote:

Well, it just looks like a fan modification to EvE really.

There we go, its like a really good mod. And were getting it at DLC prices.

Jasdemi wrote:

First of all. PO is really good. Sure it lacks content, but it'll come with time.

Still the almighty Jasdemi can't keep subbing for one simple reason:

You practically copied pretty much EVERYTHING from my favourite MMORPG, EVE Online. I simply can't support you in this matter. This hurts my conscience.

It's like betraying a hot blonde with some hot black chick. (You know what I mean) xD

Nonetheless I wish you, Avatar Creations, good luck and success with PO.

\o/

I'm a little surprised at this post and here's why...

Isn't almost every fantasy-mmo really just a copy of everquest 1 anyway?  I mean the similar aspects of all fantasy-mmos is really huge.

While I will admit that PO is SIMILAR to Eve I can't honestly say it's a copy because there are just too many differences.  Very obviously is the difference of ground combat instead of space.  Robots instead of ships.  You can't get out of your robot (capsule) to go to another base.  The crafting system works slightly different.  There's no such thing as Blue Prints or a Blue Print Original equivalent.

Anyway, point is play a game if you like it.  Don't play if you don't like it. If PO really WAS a copy of Eve, I'm sure CCP would've slapped them with a lawsuit before launch since everyone and their mother mentioned it on Eve forums and CCP doesn't seem to care.

The Enclave - No drama!  No prisoners!

64 (edited by Pesky Larue 2010-12-07 23:01:12)

Bullis wrote:

the 500 ppl playing the 1kplus accounts is not enough to make it a MMO maybe a mMO

Yeah, definitely a valid point about an indie game a week or so after release.

Yeah I hate how all windows programs have the same UI... and How Firefox and IE look so much alike...

For the umpteenth time: it's not PO. it's P.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

DEV Gargaj wrote:

For the umpteenth time: it's not PO. it's P.

Perp if you must.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Jasdemi wrote:

The GUI is not similar, it's exactly the same.

Dude, you're an idiot, it is most certainly not exactly same.
It is a good thing your are leaving as clearly all the thieving has rotted what little brain you had.

In all honesty, stEVE has its UI on the right. Ours is on the top. It is different wink

Obvious troll is obvious. tongue

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
- Bruce Lee

I left because of the small world, repetitive boring quests rewarding only mindless no risk chores (like driving a string of trucks on 4 accounts or mining/harvesting on 4 accounts etc) instead of what I consider to be fun exploring/fighting stuff  (i can do mindless chores for free in my rl) horrible AI path finding (get enemy stuck = instawin won't even shoot at you) tiny population (the 13 ppl on my friends list turned out to be 2 ppl with alts and 4th accounts) and and yes EVE rip off.
this game ranks under tabula rasa on my list have fun i sure won't miss you

Devs, GMs, you should be more strict. We're discussing in PO general discussion about another game, even worse your competition, yet this thread is still open.

Grow your balls. Tell that you're the boss here.

Jasdemi wrote:

Devs, GMs, you should be more strict. We're discussing in PO general discussion about another game, even worse your competition, yet this thread is still open.

Grow your balls. Tell that you're the boss here.

After you've seen goatse and been Rickrolled a few times an angry post on an internet forum is nothing.

Elisa wrote:

Also a big change is that you can't 'warp away' into safety. This forces players into working together which is great. It isn't really forced because you still can mine (for example) in PVP area's alone but you better ask others to protect ya.

Just...  like...  EVE.

No, exactly like EVE.

Jasdemi wrote:

I'm kind of proud that I committed the first corp theft in PO history. If someone decides to write a wiki article about corp thefts, don't forget to mention me there. big_smile

Corp theft?  lol. lol

Jasmedi took a bunch of garbage loot from the level 1 hanger that is free for all members to take as they please.

He was never active or supportive enough of the Corporation to actually gain rank or higher storage access privileges.  He was worthless as a member, and would have eventually been kicked anyway.

Well, cheers, and have fun with EVE Online.  While PO is very similar on the surface, I find it refreshing and different.  7 years of EVE Online has left it quite stale for me, though I still sit and train my character skills like a good little addict.  big_smile

Lo there do I see my father.  Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers.  Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning.  Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live...forever.

75 (edited by Jasdemi Holdings 2010-12-27 18:29:51)

Akumaka wrote:

He was never active or supportive enough of the Corporation to actually gain rank or higher storage access privileges.  He was worthless as a member, and would have eventually been kicked anyway.

Well, cheers, and have fun with EVE Online.  While PO is very similar on the surface, I find it refreshing and different.  7 years of EVE Online has left it quite stale for me, though I still sit and train my character skills like a good little addict.  big_smile

Now that's harsh to your current members, as you call them worthless. I contributed a lot to the corp. Definitely over the average.
So if you call me worthless, then all your members who contributed less than me are automatically worthless to you.

It's really sad to hear a leader calling his members worthless.

It's no surprise though. This type of corp won't work anyway. Soon members will realize that they're just being abused by the leadership.

Also seriously, stop accepting everyone into the corp. Every spy and *** could easily join you.

Gotta learn from M2S a bit.

FYI, I only semi-left PO. Even bought a 365 day sub yesterday.

So I'll be back one day, kids.

Until then I bet ECORP will disband due to noob-leadership.