Re: Confidence Gone

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Tonkin isn't moi wink

Ville, brosef, you are so barking up the wrong tree I don't even think you are in the right forest. Dev Calvin is probably correct in the sense that most regular gamers do not account share, and are jealous and guard their personal avatars because of the time and energy they put into their characters. But when a corp has on their webpage that they have several accounts available for use, and then in a forum posting bomb frenzy attempt to justify it ..... Its fairly obvious. I have never shared accounts. It doesn't even register as gameplay for me. In a corp situation the corp prototyper benefits from all corp members providing him with fragments, the corp researcher benefits from all corp members providing him with kernels, corp builder with minerals and ores, etc. All of these actions provide an acceleration of assets but do not require account sharing. Its called teamwork. Because of what account sharing can exploit, it has to be considered a serious offense.

And please, there is a huge difference between asking your wife to change your skill que because you won't be home on time and always having a max skilled mining account working an epi field 24/7.

Also, you don't really know me. If I thought my corp or allies were doing something to exploit gameplay I would simply leave. I have been a solo player thruout my mmo gaming time, doing it again is not a bother to me. The time I have had in WAR has been fantastic and 62nd have been great allies. No reason to leave. But I always enjoy good fights with you Ville, hope to have many more, cyas on the battlefield.

lol referring to cheating being to sharing accounts, hahahahaha. You know, account sharing rarely went on in CIR, and when it did it was only for very short periods of time, somewhere in the neighbor hood of a couple of hours. No one's accounts were available for use at any time ever. Rules are rules, but this rule is one you shouldnt enforce with an iron fist, rather treat it as, if your trust worthy friend decides not to be so trust worthy then the dev's response should be sorry bout ya that why we have it in the EULA, your account is now lost to said guy you "gave" it to.

Anyways I hope all you lemmings who think this was a game changer enjoy the sparse community and the lack of anything to do, as I've stated this before those still around the the ones too stubborn to leave cause they think leaving is losing, which in fact its hilarity to even think of sticking around for something that is no longer enjoyable and has not been for a long time. Games are supposed to be fun, and when your no longer having fun its time to move on cause if you dont all you have left is people like Jelan who live on the forums cause thats all thats left of this game lol.

I can think about one Fight we had with CIR on Alsbel. There was Lemon. I saw him and put my ECM on him. And on the Forum he toled us that he could not make it to the Fight.

WHAT?

I have mixed feelings.  I, for one, am glad that people are quiting because they can no longer cheat, even if it  'rarely' went on like Serpens said.  I would have more confidence if it was the devs that were putting them out, though.

Even so, I will keep my 3 accounts now.  It is better to have a small population playing the correct way, than to have a bigger population rampant with cheaters, even if it 'rarely' went on like Serpens said.

Cheaters lol See M2S's insurance fraud and M2S's duping fraud. Thats real cheating. Account sharing.....haha roll

Serpens wrote:

Cheaters lol See M2S's insurance fraud and M2S's duping fraud. Thats real cheating. Account sharing.....haha roll

And we paid the price, now man up and take your medicine lol

My medicine? Nothing happened to my assets, and anyone elses. 1 player got banned. lol 1 player who owns like 15 accounts. All accounts in which have equal or more EP than that 1 player had. haha Yea medicine.....right.....

Segreto wrote:

I, for one, am glad that people are quiting because they can no longer cheat...

Yes it's sad CIR can no longer use godmode. That's why we're keeping the 9k mechs in corp storage until further notice.

Over 9k...

61 (edited by Norrdec 2011-12-15 16:36:33)

Syndic got banned for the first time - we didn't say anything, we just did our stuff.
Syndic then got unbanned and in 4h got banned again. Said nothing. 3rd time banned - people got angry about the devs and their decisions. Because they are like a flag on a flag pole, depending from where the wind blows, the decision changes.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Which also constitutes a divide among the Dev's, if one thought a ban was required then the other said no, then the other said yes......lol yea healthy dev team..... lol roll

Your pretty full of guano serpens.  Ill create a soundboard this weekend of all the audio recordings I have of the leadership advocating account sharing. Of course it was widespread.

The problem wasn't this , it goes on in every corp, the problem is the knee jerk reactions of the dev team punishing the one account not even widely shared rather than a balanced appropriate response across the server.

I dont think folks are claiming they were good ss gold, just that the response was poor.

Cant wait to press them buttons. Please include a "Shut up" button, "Lol" button, "Can I haz ur stuff" button and "Calling devPhone" button.

Will it be free for download?

Tonnik your quite full of something I call gullible. Keep dreaming junior. lol

Yes i don't know any of you outside of this forum, or ingame passings.  I have been through this in other games and it is not pretty.  It really is the same old samo.  The dog ate my homework excuse for account sharing, everyone does it, on and on. The corp i play in is half empty, and most are bummed, and not playing.

The game mechanics that promote cheating are flaws.  They are not unknown, or rare.  It is not a mystery, and it should have been foreseen by the devs. I don't blame players for their actions,,they are a result of our cultures, and always have been.  Game designers have to know these actions hurt the game they have made.  It even comes down to what kind of personalities they will allow to play their games.  Banning players for actions, that are possible in a game, is one way, when game mechanics cant. 

I play one toon, I don't share accounts, or play with those that do.  I am not the target gamer this game is after.

So its my choice to not engage on beta, because i know from experience that i will be fighting multi account sharing players...I mean its not rocket science.  This happens in these games.. Ok the game is designed for mulit accounts, for one player. But i know from experience the real reason for account sharing,,,,is.

New players in corps, clans, don't want to grind their way to skills. Burnout pushes players to take a break and they hand over their accounts to the corp.  Then the corp recruits players with these accounts, among ones the corp makes for the account bank.. corp numbers stay viable and everyone has fun...yes i said fun...because the grind is gone. And the player can switch between maxed out toons to face foes.  Nothing wrong with this,,,unless you have players that are at a disavantage because they feel account sharing is not cool...

It is a fact that fighters get bored easy.  They don't like grinding, or doing anything that is not combat related.

Proof of this is the communist play style.  It enables players to use a combat toon without the grind.  While there are players grinding to support the combat players, it is the same in most combat games.  I made all the combat items my squad used in combat.  I grinded hrs a day so the squad could fight all night. They never ran out of gear, always had the best stuff, and were a force to reckon with. Fun was had by all, because the grind was gone for the combat players......just go shoot stuff.  This keeps squad numbers up, and enables new players to become engaged much earlier. 

But that games skill set was player generated, not some ep time sink. So the time a rookie needed to become a good fighter was in a training arena not waiting days for ep. That game limited player base because of the abilities of each player.  Not much different then here with the ep tree, and multi accounts. This game has to decide who they want playing. Turn the dogs lose, or kill the vermin. 

I have not seen a game designed that allows any reasonable time ratio for fighters.  Either they have to cheat to play, because of ep sinks, or lack of quality gear, or the foe they are facing is just past any attempt to defeat because of the ep tree. It is a design that begs for what we have now...fix it?  you tell me.

There will be saints, and sinners.
losers, and winners.
All kinds of people,
You might want to know.

Norrdec wrote:

Syndic got banned for the first time - we didn't say anything, we just did our stuff.
Syndic then got unbanned and in 4h got banned again. Said nothing. 3rd time banned - people got angry about the devs and their decisions. Because they are like a flag on a flag pole, depending from where the wind blows, the decision changes.

Devs did the same thing with the insurance fraud, returning and taking back assets multiple times.

Which would you rather have, devs that make a decision and stick with it right or wrong, or devs that are willing to review new information and adjust to it.

In this case, the wheel of fortune landed on BAN. It could have easily landed on NoBAN.

Either way this went, there was going to be a group that didn't like the outcome.

What's more dissapointing then anything, is that the ACTUAL punishement has a minimal effect on CIR as a corporation, but the response is typical CIR; full all out war on the developers with the only real meta-game tool they have, account subscriptions and negative advertising.

I fully support CIR's right to play the game anyway they like, but meta-gaming to kill Perp because of a percieved insult is where I have to draw the line.

Really? CIR has the resources, and is, a dominent force in the game, you don't have to do this. Take a breath, and just play.

68 (edited by Triglav 2011-12-15 19:44:16)

You seriously think most of us stopped playing because of the stupid (temporary) ban?

........ roll ........

Why play a dieing/dead game anyways? What are you defending here? A tiny community bent on self mutilation and self destruction? Arga you are the 1%, and thats becuase you dont actually PVP. Your choice but this games foundation is built around PVP. And PVP breeds ego's. It always has and always will. A full year of the meta game and the dwindling community, what else do you have in mind for early releasers/beta players to do that we have no already accomplished? Wait for the new hauler to come out and haul more sh*t? No thanks.

And like I keep saying over and over and over. This decision was already in motion a month ago and was floating around about moving on to a new game due to lack of stuff to do since SQUID left beta.

Serpens wrote:

Why play a dieing/dead game anyways? What are you defending here? A tiny community bent on self mutilation and self destruction? Arga you are the 1%, and thats becuase you dont actually PVP. Your choice but this games foundation is built around PVP. And PVP breeds ego's. It always has and always will. A full year of the meta game and the dwindling community, what else do you have in mind for early releasers/beta players to do that we have no already accomplished? Wait for the new hauler to come out and haul more sh*t? No thanks.

And like I keep saying over and over and over. This decision was already in motion a month ago and was floating around about moving on to a new game due to lack of stuff to do since SQUID left beta.

I don't disagree with a cumualitve reason for leaving, its the negative attidude on the way out. The game HAS improved since launch, and it will continue to do so, until it catches on or dies.

And the community as a whole is definetely not masochistic, but I'd agree that some players are and they tend to be vocal about it.

Other corps left, like Foom, and it was a simple: Hey, not working for us, thanks.

71 (edited by The Omen 2011-12-15 21:06:29)

Sundial wrote:

Every corp in the game has probably done account sharing in one form or another.

Rephrase that if you can smile

If I or my deputy CEOs find any of our players breaching the EULA they are removed from the corp and the TOG community. TOG is serious on upholding any game rules the Devs have, simple.
And SQUID only temporarily left Beta due to the Nova Alliance continually camping the Island. You cry you want PVP yet you continually came in superior forces hellbent on either regaining FD (against Syndic's Statement of Intent mind you) and or just for the sake of laughing it up in Gen chat that you had us all back on alpha or locked in station.
And before you go saying Toggies this or Toggies that we don't really care on your opinions on how we play. Our corp is the largest due to our gaming style and we have fun in our own corp in our own way on Alpha and sometimes Beta. So send us packing again form beta well meh...we'll go have fun with the good content the Devs have supplied us with and continue playing and having fun. We aren't the perfect corp out there and never said we were but we are a close knit gaming community and log on for the fun of playing with mates.

I'm happy with whatever the action was the Devs have taken and if some people want to leave the game then that's fine we'll still be here growing and having fun, which is what TOG is all about.

I actually like TOG Omen, and you lol smile But Ive gotten rolled on Alsbale alot. Sooooo it was always a trade off man. Always.

73 (edited by The Shade 2011-12-15 21:17:40)

Now i want to join TOG again big_smile Omens got the right attitude.

"False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade."

And there are some in CIR and other hostile Corps I have a good deal of respect for too smile

We dont mind PVP but when certain peeps come on the islands off time in huge squads, when they know we can't defend and then brag about it in GC, the situation gets old pretty quick.
We would love it to go back to the old ways of light and assault roams. More cheap and affordable pvp for all, new players included.

The Omen wrote:

...when certain peeps come on the islands off time in huge squads, when they know we can't defend and then brag about it in GC, the situation gets old pretty quick.

Of course when The Omen says "certain peeps" he is referring to nova-blob members.

And yes, I have seen nova-members blob-then-brag about it in GC.  Of course they never brag about blobbing because in their eyes they didn't blob.  Umm... I am mistaken, Lemon did say "90" one time, proudly bragging about the unholy, unnatural, and grotesque size of his team's blob during one intrusion.

This is one of the differences between elitist players and elite players.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC