Re: Confidence Gone

Hai DEV ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM big_smile

DEV Calvin wrote:
Atticus wrote:
Ville wrote:

These are not concerns of the player base.  The majority  of the player base does not care about account sharing.  Only 5 to 10 forum posters who don't care how big of a fool they make of  themselves.

Seriously? Here's something to think about.

Let's say some corp decides to have 20 accounts they share among 50 or 60 players. Every time one of those players want to miine the grab the Riv Mk2 max skilled miner character and mine away for maximum return. Or whenever there is Pvp they grab the max skilled Ictus, Gropho or whatever. And these accounts are used by 3 or 4 people thruout each day. This corp would gain a clear advantage over others not account sharing and would quickly be able to build a stockpile of over 9000 fully T4 fitted mechs, along with unreasonalbe amounts of mineral reserves. The could in theory dominate entire areas of Beta while the single account player corps would have no chance to match. A clear and deliberate exploitation. Even this account sharing ALLIES would benefit form having such a strong friend to assist them. All unfairly. If they didn't share accounts, and were attacked by a small group of pirates and the Ictus pilot wasn't available, the battle may turn out differently.
Understand this?

Also if 60 people share 20 accounts that's 40 unpaid montly subscriptions to AC. That's a lot of lost revenue. Think about it. Finally, its simply a violation of the rules of the game.

Its not a small thing.

What you describe is not realistic. Some player would just decide to change the passwords on all accounts and sail off into the sunset. Account sharing is nowhere near this rampant. Accounts constitute a significant value and players are very protective of them.

Just changing the password wouldn´t do it I think. You can easily petition the password change when you are the actual owner of the e-mail adress the account was registered with. So just changing the password and sailing off into sunset wouldn´t cut it...

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

Lol Dev Calvin I just realized you quoted my post in the 2 minutes I was editing the typos. Damn I hate posting on my phone from work, but it beats working smile

We have all seen this before. Those of us that have played these games.

Any game that requires grinding for advancement, that has any hint of account sharing, burns in hell.

We are all gnashing our teeth in agony at the thought of competing with a group that has a bank of accounts that can be handed out like candy. (no examples given)

I and i do mean ME, would be allot more resigned to continue playing this game if the offender would apologize, with honest remorse to the community.  This act has split the community and the devs cannot resolve the prejudice between parties.

And most important for me is some confidence that any accounts found to be shared to be at least published.

One game i played had the "list of shame"... of cheaters. This list has five names on it after two years of use..

It is Risk/Reward after all.

zigZag wrote:

We have all seen this before. Those of us that have played these games.

Any game that requires grinding for advancement, that has any hint of account sharing, burns in hell.

We are all gnashing our teeth in agony at the thought of competing with a group that has a bank of accounts that can be handed out like candy. (no examples given)

I and i do mean ME, would be allot more resigned to continue playing this game if the offender would apologize, with honest remorse to the community.  This act has split the community and the devs cannot resolve the prejudice between parties.

And most important for me is some confidence that any accounts found to be shared to be at least published.

One game i played had the "list of shame"... of cheaters. This list has five names on it after two years of use..

It is Risk/Reward after all.

You don't know Syndic or the rest of CIR, they all believe they are above the game and devs.  I hope I'm wrong and they just fade away but I fully expect them to come back and try childishly to 'get their own back on everyone'. Just a shame that the rest of his pets will just do as they are told sad

Why throw fuel on this Jelan, it wasn't that long ago when M2S was being mobbed by players with pitchforks.

What was done, and how it was handled, is between them and the devs. The only reason 'CIR' would come back with vengance, is because of posts like yours, not because they/him/she was reprimanded.

Take it to corp dialog section if its role-playing, if its not, then better to not post it at all.

Exactly the same players that have had this happen to them Arga, I'm not some sort of noble knight.  I'm enjoying their suffering immensely so will milk it for all it's worth if its all the same with you wink

You'll recall the moralistic posts from Syndic, the abusive, vitriol filled posts from those cheaters within RG/Chaos/Morte/Joke etc etc

Why shouldn't I highlight the hypocrisy of it all and revel in their suffering?

I cant post how i feel,,,it would be a rant.  The event begs for trolling, but i don't want to be banned or slapped on the head by a GM. And while trolling brings laughs, the rift in the game is not laughable.

Account sharing happens in all these games. They are not germane to "you don't know" (translated to STFU). Did i take something wrong...lol.

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up. Tell us your sorry, Tell us you will never do anything like this again. Because the Devs said this is your last chance.. right?  that is right. RIGHT?

I cant get to you through your garden gate.
No, its always locked by the magistrate.

Lol, gl guys smile

Don't forget the tinfoil hats big_smilelol

Jelan wrote:

Exactly the same players that have had this happen to them Arga, I'm not some sort of noble knight.  I'm enjoying their suffering immensely so will milk it for all it's worth if its all the same with you wink

You'll recall the moralistic posts from Syndic, the abusive, vitriol filled posts from those cheaters within RG/Chaos/Morte/Joke etc etc

Why shouldn't I highlight the hypocrisy of it all and revel in their suffering?

To be honest, I said the same thing to M2S protesters, they didn't listen to me either smile

Well hopefully some of the decent members in CIR will not allow themselves to be told they can't play a game and will integrate back into the community.  I'll be running de-conditioning classes regularly, we can make ex-CIR people useful members of society again, with a little help from the community

zigZag wrote:

Lol, no, you still don't get it. A well run communist group will have an easier time to stomp on a capitalist one. I've said it repeatedly. The professional army of your country don't ask people to buy their own planes or mortars. Some of you don't like it because it's labeled as "communism". Your loss.

zigZag wrote:

That's a can of worms nobody left in the game wants to open. And I can see it now... now the devs will start calling everyone's home and ask if anyone else in the household has ever used that account. Ridiculous. But meh, feel free to draw horns on us. We're gone anyway.

Atticus wrote:
Ville wrote:

These are not concerns of the player base.  The majority  of the player base does not care about account sharing.  Only 5 to 10 forum posters who don't care how big of a fool they make of  themselves.

Let's say some corp decides to have 20 accounts they share among 50 or 60 players. Every time one of those players want to mine they grab the Riv Mk2 max skilled miner character and mine away for maximum return. Or whenever there is Pvp they grab the max skilled Ictus, Gropho or whatever. And these accounts are used by 3 or 4 people thruout each day. This corp would gain a clear advantage over others not account sharing and would quickly be able to build a stockpile of over 9000 fully T4 fitted mechs, along with unreasonalbe amounts of mineral reserves. They could in theory dominate entire areas of Beta while the single account player corps would have no chance to match. A clear and deliberate exploitation. Even this account sharing ALLIES would benefit from having such a strong friend to assist them. All unfairly. If they didn't share accounts, and were attacked by a small group of pirates and the Ictus pilot wasn't available, the battle may turn out differently.
Understand this?

Also if 60 people share 20 accounts that's 40 unpaid montly subscriptions to AC. That's a lot of lost revenue. Think about it. Finally, its simply a violation of the rules of the game.

Its not a small thing.

Food for thought for you.  Unholyminer got kicked from 62nd because he was on Nicky Santero account driving a Lithus into Moyar and Got killed.  Just saying smile  What was that Pot?  Oh nothing Kettle Just calling you black brosef.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Every corp in the game has probably done account sharing in one form or another.

The fact is CIR did it for a substantial PvP advantage with early access accounts and that is in my opinion when it becomes an issue.

There are issues in the game like squad management and research that pretty much require account sharing unless you like sliding down a cheese grater naked head first.

The devs should address these issues. Really though pointing fingers is stupid here as game mechanics encourage account sharing in a couple different ways.

What CIR did was unfair but that doesn't mean that every single instance of account sharing is suddenly wrong. Its simply not completely batshit ***.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I agree Sundial but this holy then thou  complex in some instances but not others is just ***.

Sundial wrote:

Every corp in the game has probably done account sharing in one form or another.

The fact is CIR did it for a substantial PvP advantage with early access accounts and that is in my opinion when it becomes an issue.

There are issues in the game like squad management and research that pretty much require account sharing unless you like sliding down a cheese grater naked head first.

The devs should address these issues. Really though pointing fingers is stupid here as game mechanics encourage account sharing in a couple different ways.

What CIR did was unfair but that doesn't mean that every single instance of account sharing is suddenly wrong. Its simply not completely batshit ***.

What your saying here is that its ok to have a corp shared prototyper but pvp sharing accounts is bad?   What about the other corps who have to start from scratch because their Ceo suddenly moved cross  country?  Wouldn' that be an unfair advantage?

Atticus wrote:
Ville wrote:

Let's say some corp decides to have 20 accounts they share among 50 or 60 players. Every time one of those players want to mine they grab the Riv Mk2 max skilled miner character and mine away for maximum return. Or whenever there is Pvp they grab the max skilled Ictus, Gropho or whatever. And these accounts are used by 3 or 4 people thruout each day. This corp would gain a clear advantage over others not account sharing and would quickly be able to build a stockpile of over 9000 fully T4 fitted mechs, along with unreasonalbe amounts of mineral reserves. They could in theory dominate entire areas of Beta while the single account player corps would have no chance to match. A clear and deliberate exploitation. Even this account sharing ALLIES would benefit from having such a strong friend to assist them. All unfairly. If they didn't share accounts, and were attacked by a small group of pirates and the Ictus pilot wasn't available, the battle may turn out differently.
Understand this?

Its not a small thing.

Tl;dr

We can always text the ictus pilot.

Sundial wrote:

What Early access accounts?

I Vote we start a list of who people think was account sharing i am intrigued to see what the populations perspective is on this.

P.S. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eDM3JdLbPI

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

44 (edited by Norrdec 2011-12-15 09:26:34)

Sundial wrote:

We don't have any people with early access accounts. We did not share pvp accounts. The banned shared account was accessed from a secondary computer on a desk, 1m from the primary computer.

So EULA is good as long it hits your enemies lol

You are overstating the scale of "the problem" in CIR a bit.
lol

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Ville wrote:

Tl;dr

We can always text the ictus pilot.

Oh god not the ictus pilot.

Norrdec wrote:
Sundial wrote:

We don't have any people with early access accounts. We did not share pvp accounts. The banned shared account was accessed from a secondary computer on a desk, 1m from the primary computer.

So EULA is good as long it hits your enemies lol

You are overstating the scale of "the problem" in CIR a bit.
lol

as someone who has been in CIR for a short time I know this to be a lie. I have regularly heard Syndic asking miners "if they want another couple of mining accounts" as well as lemon, bibi and many others openly discussing account sharing. I'm sure every corp is the same, don't lie about it if your going anyway.

I am pretty sure, we didn't actually share the accounts, you are talking about Krexis, who bought 5 accounts and made miners out of it, so we joke around if he wanted more. Joking around and trolling is killing us, we should be strict and fun-less lol. Syndic you bastard, we had too much fun!

no I think you will find that I'm not mistaken but heard several people asked a direct question of if they are able to use more accounts as they can be given miners.

49 (edited by Norrdec 2011-12-15 10:42:46)

Wat?
I think I found Jelan guys big_smile

Indeed, and its was as expected.  And no, you can haz our stuffz !