Re: Trojars take the fun out of tackling

What has

-No evasive  need
-No modal timing
-No cap issues
-No Risk of death vs. many Robots and EP Levels.

And takes away,

Line of Sight play
Ability to tackle back (and thus kill anything - “I win” )
Removes all possible usage of many light robots due to slot limitations
Makes all other tackle obsolete

The other EW bots yield good effects but require careful use and timing.

It Degrades the standard of play/skill to ruinscape rightclickism.

People use them as tackle alts while playing with their main… with no risk or concern for it.

QQ more I have a fit that counters the Mk2 Troiar effectivly for about 4 mins maybe more (with out neuting). If ou either A. cant run away in that time or B. have more people come to help you,your a fail pilot. Ask Pit we met under Darnachov and had an intersting 4 min back and forth run around some plants before he finally got me neuted. Over powered Tank on a MK2 with high skills errrrr I think not If you dumped all those skills people need to get this god like tank out of a MK2 in to other areas they would be just like all the other pilots in their ictus or vaga or seth instead these few people dedicated vasts ammounts of EP to a single bot. They should reap the rewards of specialization.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Well aren't you a lucky boy.
I'm basic greeny robot spec, I can pilot an evil Troiar. Not the point tho is it?

I don't recall complaining about a single other EW bot.
Well I did imply the Intakt could use alittle love once.. seems abit squishy

*watches the auto follow non-controlled troair ruined his roam*

3-4 Troiar Mk2's with a Riveler behind them doing energy transferring is a wonderful 0-risk tackling method.

Naismith wrote:

3-4 Troiar Mk2's with a Riveler behind them doing energy transferring is a wonderful 0-risk tackling method.

With a Rivaler.... sounds really fast.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:
Naismith wrote:

With a Rivaler.... sounds really fast.

70 kph riveler without speed nexus? Thats cruising speed. whats the job of a tackler? charge forward, demob a target, and hold it until reinforcement comes. = riveler

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Lobo wrote:

QQ more I have a fit that counters the Mk2 Troiar effectivly for about 4 mins maybe more (with out neuting). If ou either A. cant run away in that time or B. have more people come to help you,your a fail pilot. Ask Pit we met under Darnachov and had an intersting 4 min back and forth run around some plants before he finally got me neuted. Over powered Tank on a MK2 with high skills errrrr I think not If you dumped all those skills people need to get this god like tank out of a MK2 in to other areas they would be just like all the other pilots in their ictus or vaga or seth instead these few people dedicated vasts ammounts of EP to a single bot. They should reap the rewards of specialization.

I remember someone saying that about the fit i ran. Except it was a hard counter.  There is also a difference between holding off something for a few mins and countering it.

TBH the devs made the choice to move away from heavily tanked bots and to more Buffer tanks/DPS.

I would not be surprised to see Dev action against this fit since it falls out of line with there previous balancing actions of removing active tanks/heavy tanks as for builds despite large amounts of EP investment.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Lemon wrote:

I remember someone saying that about the fit i ran. Except it was a hard counter.  There is also a difference between holding off something for a few mins and countering it.

Tuche' But I never cryed about your fit infact I had just got done building a replica on my other account when they announced the nerf I was a little sad... But the difference between the ERP tanked heavys and a MK2 Troiar are fairly huge. For one if 2 pre nerfed ERP tanked heavys squared off and started hammering away who would win? The one that called the ictus faster? Now if 2 Troiar MK2s square off who will win? The one with more neuting power will get the Mail and kill the other or maybe the one with more skills in rockets after the neuts hit. The problem with your arguement is that your compairing Mods that were nerfed to a Bot that you want nerfed. Devs didn't nerf your MK2 Artimis or Seth they nerfed the mods that you were using.

Back on topic T1 Troiars are to slow to be considered a full time tackler nuff said.
They do a great job when in a fairly organized group but small gorilla squad tackler? This fit is better unles your a lazy pilot and don't know how to use terrain/bushes/NPCs to hide you.
Cam +LWF + Evasive +2 Demobs and Range Extender =+120 kph 215m short Demob machine. Add in a E-war nexus and you can almost hit 280m Speed nexus and you can easily tip the scale at 130+

Problem is people try to Hybrid a Tackler by adding a 2nd or 3rd mod besides Dmobs. I know I slapped more *** on my E-war than could fit and watched another L  ewar escape cause I couldn't catch him.

TL/DR: BTT T1 Troiars will pop just like any other T1 light.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

The irony in this topic is over flowing.

ERP Tanks anyone?

I didn't see that one side coming to the aid of that other side.

Crazy how this all works.  Well not really, to be expected.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

funny thing: Troiar was once the so called "most useless light ewar"

and now its op?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

funny thing: Troiar was once the so called "most useless light ewar"

and now its op?

Crazy Talk. Heathen!!!

BE GONE!!!!

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Troiars getting their recharge bonus reduced to 2%.

Neutralized energy bonus up to 8%.

Small Drainers / Neuts cycle time down to 8 seconds.

Sundial wrote:

Small Drainers / Neuts cycle time down to 8 seconds.

Even combined with the other downjustments to the bot, that's not a nerf. That's an obscenely good buff.

If u make it to where troiar mk2 can't fit a evasive mod then It will still be a great bot just not untouchable the reason it shines is its t4 evasive

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos

Well, today my Kain was tackeld by a Trojar. Shield on, follow, double demop.
He needed some minutes until he could log in his 2nd account and bring him to the island. The he hammered me away with superior longe range fire power.

I even had a med. neuter fitted, skills at 7 and was running energy injections all the time. I had no chance breaking his shield. I call this godmode.

No problem with great Skills and perfect fitting. But in a balanced game there should be a counter fitting to each fitting. And I simply don´t finde a counter fitting for a shielded Trojar. Remark: A counter fitting for a smal EW-bot should be possible on a smal EW-bot or an other smal bot; not a dedicated Ictus pilot.

Has any body an idear how that counter fitting could be? I am open for hints and support in forum or online.

Raiser - CEO of Notum Pirates

Raiser wrote:

Well, today my Kain was tackeld by a Trojar. Shield on, follow, double demop.
He needed some minutes until he could log in his 2nd account and bring him to the island. The he hammered me away with superior longe range fire power.

I even had a med. neuter fitted, skills at 7 and was running energy injections all the time. I had no chance breaking his shield. I call this godmode.

No problem with great Skills and perfect fitting. But in a balanced game there should be a counter fitting to each fitting. And I simply don´t finde a counter fitting for a shielded Trojar. Remark: A counter fitting for a smal EW-bot should be possible on a smal EW-bot or an other smal bot; not a dedicated Ictus pilot.

Has any body an idear how that counter fitting could be? I am open for hints and support in forum or online.

The only real counter is blobbing it till it dies. Does not not matter whether you use neuts or DPS, just blob the *** out of it.

Part of the strengh of the shielded evasive module light bots is the hit dispersion.

Small lasers with weapon stabs probably provide the best DPS. So blob it with baph's maybe?

68 (edited by Annihilator 2011-12-15 01:23:20)

if you just want to counter it - ecm, dual supressor cameleon (low EW-skills) or Intakt (good EW-skills).
breaks lock of the troiar and you can run wink

Baphs are good, two mk1 should be able to break it as soon as it runs out of injector charges big_smile, under the assumption that the troiar doesnt drain.

There are three major troiar fits i can write down atm

• t4 evasive + t4small shield + t4 tuning (+injector or lwf)

• t4 evasive + t4small shield + t4 tuning +med accumulator

• t2p mediums shield + lwf

they all got enough cpu/reactor left to fit demobs