Topic: Why do the blue bots still have the fallloff bonus?

The blue bots still have a utterly useless bonus to falloff on guns that have so bad falloff to begin with that at max advanced robotics and improved falloff the t4 em gun only gives u 48m longer falloff.
And ppl aren't shooting in their falloff because it does so little damage after half of the falloff length.

My suggestion is for at least to give the kain a demob resist instead, so it can be used as a shotgun bot that uses its little speed advantage it has (after the last nerf) to get in close and shoot a few rounds before it retreats into cover, but at the moment the kain can go in get double demobed and practically be a sitting duck. So my idea is to give it some resist to demob so it has at least the chance at getting in some cover.   

Discuss yarr

[05:36:51] <Lemon> i hate you... just so you know

[15:05:49] <Ville> I have to admit, that was pretty fu**ing pimp ^^
                           http://www.perp-kill.net/related/749

Re: Why do the blue bots still have the fallloff bonus?

74-75 kain speed vs 69-70 artemis speed is not "little" by any means.
Falloff is useless indeed, but there's no reason to buff Kain with another bonus.

Kanogi wrote:

The blue bots still have a utterly useless bonus to falloff on guns that have so bad falloff to begin with that at max advanced robotics and improved falloff the t4 em gun only gives u 48m longer falloff.
And ppl aren't shooting in their falloff because it does so little damage after half of the falloff length.

My suggestion is for at least to give the kain a demob resist instead, so it can be used as a shotgun bot that uses its little speed advantage it has (after the last nerf) to get in close and shoot a few rounds before it retreats into cover, but at the moment the kain can go in get double demobed and practically be a sitting duck. So my idea is to give it some resist to demob so it has at least the chance at getting in some cover.   

Discuss yarr

Hm...Falloff is useless...but it was put there as it used to be optimal range.

I really don't know what would be good to put in that place, personally I would rather see it boosted to 10 percent, and not changed.

Demob Idea is terrible btw, make it at least some what in line with other mechs.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

As everyone has stated, the falloff feature is pewp. The demob resistance feature sounds reasonable, especially after all the speed nerfs.

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

5 (edited by Karism 2011-12-10 08:50:32)

Hmm.. a new bonus would have to be something comparable to the other races bonuses, Tyrranos/Gropho get a locking time bonus (which is odd that it is not a weapon bonus, but still somewhat useful), Artermis/Seth get a Crit Bonus, I'd like a small precision firing Bonus of maybe 1-3% per level  to offset the horrendous accuracy against anythng smaller than a mech/ewar mech, but it probably won't happen if the devs want to keep magnetic weapon as the hard hitting low-mid range inaccurate weapon.

So right now kains are worse then the artemis/tyrannos because of this bonus?
They don't have any other features that make up for the lack of a useful bonus?

7 (edited by Annihilator 2011-12-10 12:43:45)

again...
my Riveler has a total useless bonus - resists... which helps me ZERO when fitting a shield!
my Sequer has a total useless bonus - resists... which helps me ZERO when fitting a shield!

my Seth has a total useless bonus - Accumulator, because its not helping me in PVE
Whinatorys Gropho has a total useless bonus - shield doesnt help him in PvE

my Artemis has a total useless bonus - Laser damage, since i cannot benefit from the passive resist bonus while using Lasers... i go out with Firearms. oh, see, firearms got a huge falloff *hint* *hint*

also, let me remember... there was a time when "Accu recharge bonus on pelistal bots was the most useless bonus ingame... since they dont need accumulator anyway..."

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

my Artemis has a total useless bonus - Laser damage, since i cannot benefit from the passive resist bonus while using Lasers... i go out with Firearms. oh, see, firearms got a huge falloff *hint* *hint*

Your suggesting he trade a pan... for a heavy pot?

w/ Firearms fitted your doing the same base damage (kinetic)type have ruffly the hit dispersion are heavier and get no damage bonus.

So now he can have a great fall off, do crap damage, have the same miss ratio and not run away cause hes to heavy. Perfect suggestion... Fire arms for Artimis make sense as its a swap in base damage type and gets a great bonus of crit from bot.

Swap the falloff to optimal range bonus?

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Annihilator wrote:

again...
my Riveler has a total useless bonus - resists... which helps me ZERO when fitting a shield!
my Sequer has a total useless bonus - resists... which helps me ZERO when fitting a shield!

my Seth has a total useless bonus - Accumulator, because its not helping me in PVE
Whinatorys Gropho has a total useless bonus - shield doesnt help him in PvE

also, let me remember... there was a time when "Accu recharge bonus on pelistal bots was the most useless bonus ingame... since they dont need accumulator anyway..."

oh i se firearms, but if u look at it closer em guns and firearms got almost the same range because with t4 autocannon my optimal is 286m and it got 388m falloff and that means it does half its damage at around 480m.
and with my em guns i have a optimal of 398m and a 99m falloff that means it does half its damage at ~450m, thats a difference off only 30m.

and its not only a useless bonus on the kain its also useless for the arby, yagel and mesmer.

If you give blue bots an optimal range bonus we'll see 900+ m mesmers kill everything.

While were on the topic of blue.....

Will test this when i get home but a fully fitted arb and bapho with identical fits go the same speed? I'm fairy certain this is true. If it is true then the arby is due a 1-2 kph buff?

Sorry kanogi not to de-rail your thread.... I like the idea of demob resistance but thats a movement/armor bonus vs the other bots dps bonus.

precision firing Bonus, No way Mesmers already oneshot E-wars if all slugs hit let alone one crits.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

12 (edited by Kanogi 2011-12-10 15:13:38)

Well the demob resist was maybe bad thought out but it was only a suggestion.
But what about a locking range bonus that way u may release a head slot from a sensor amp to something useful.

I suggest a 10 Percent Armor amount increase per lvl.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Perhaps a crit bonus to give a risk reward of a chance of really doing some in-your-face damage and give the pilot some incentive to move in to kill tackle.

Also like the Precision for the Kain, not the sit and hit Mes!  Kain is more of a roam mech and precision would give it a measure of survivability against defending tackle.

Either of these would buff its ability to roam off a home island in smaller groups.

Or buff damage in falloff to a useful %