101 (edited by Mara Kaid Pirate of Nia 2011-12-08 17:57:42)

Re: Intrusion 2.0 issues and feedback

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

I believe the system is perfect as it is, after all the devs gave us what we wanted. I'm particularly fond of the 1 hour waiting times that let you bond with other corp members

Your group wants 5+ stations, you're going to get a lot of bonding time. Blame it on your leaders not on the developers. The new system attempts  to limit an alliance's appetite. Well so far it seems to be working... still need more time.

102 (edited by Gilgath 2011-12-08 18:31:20)

Mara Kaid Pirate of Nia wrote:

Your group wants 5+ stations, you're going to get a lot of bonding time. Blame it on your leaders not on the developers. The new system attempts  to limit an alliance's appetite. Well so far it seems to be working... still need more time.

You say, "Your Group", so do you mean the SovNov alliance?  Which comprises 3-6 Corps spread out over a huge time zone? So each corp wants its "own" station, which if there are 5 corps is a bad thing then?

Especially combined with the fact that essentially the entire server can and does show up sometimes to fight the SovNov.

Also,

1.  Waiting an hour for a sap as a defender is just boring.  Set alarm clock, and hurry up and wait.
2.  Specimen saps are lame.  They are darn near an "auto win" for the defender and I have personally noticed where a smaller group of players goes to take a sap, we wait, we fight off the small numbers of enemies, only to find a specimen sap.....Yeah, we just turned around and left...All the time, energy and effort wasted.

OH, and one more thing:  Who in their right mind would put a single small LOS statue thing in sap for the defender to play LOS ring around the rosie with??  I mean really?  .....MOAR ring around the rosie?? ugh

103 (edited by Mara Kaid Pirate of Nia 2011-12-08 22:26:44)

Gilgath wrote:

You say, "Your Group", so do you mean the SovNov alliance?  Which comprises 3-6 Corps

That had control over domhalarm, norhoop and novastrov and didn't use their land. Yes I'm referring to those corps. Remember alexadar saying he never used norhoop anyhow? Wow I saw those 3-6 corps take use of it.

Also it must be the ones we saw use norhoop, or domhalarm like 2% of the time(LOL how often is norhoop populated? ). The ones with like 2-3 guys in it that never do anything but farm on telesis. Yep. They were just "waiting" for that beta oppurtunity to come out again and farm at at it, but previously they "couldn't."

Nice try gilgath, I'm not the only group on the server that sees through those fallacies(F-NAVY, TOG, M2S etc). Nova has about 2-3 active corps and that's it. Activity shouldn't be rewarded to inactive people.

Like I said, if alliance is having a hard time holding onto so many stations, maybe that's a sign to split up or control far less. Welcome to trying to take 6+ under the system. Get in a corp anyhow if you're going to make some logical premise.

It makes zero sense to build a game with a highly complex research & manufacturing process that takes months or years to skill up to and plan game time around and then say you have play like a pirate all by yourself only Pvping. Hey I can give a *** about research and manufacturing, I just want the finished product to shove up your ***. That's my game. I don't want to force it on you.

Anyone saying "you have to play this way cause it's what I like" is going to be lonely soon.

I don't like blobs. But I'm not going to say "kill them" because all that does is drive away a significant player base. All I want are mechanics that give small groups and tactical thinking significant advantages over blundering sheepish blob mentalities.

The problem often is that there is no counter to blobs when there always should be. If a blob is the "I win" button then you just drive the pirates out of the game and what do you have? Sesame Street.

The mechanics are good just need some adjustments.

Sparking to other games

As much as I've learned about this game over the last 2 months of playing I'm VERY reluctant to ask for specific changes. I am still learning the mechanics and the implications of % changes here and there. I leave that to to others.

However, and this is just a thought, it may be cool to see T4 CTs come out of high stability SAP cans in a similar fashion as with Artifacting. Some % chance to find 25/50/75 in a balanced fashion that does not screw those guys who spend 10000 hours farming kernals for research.

Again its about balancing playstyles; carebears v. killers. Give both the same *** but through means that each enjoy. I would love to have T4 mods to make you cry but why should i have to spend gazillion hours farming when i may find one by chance doing something I love ...*** on your territory. Even better if I can 'passive hack' it out of your outpost inventory:P:yarr:

At the same time farmers may not like roaming ... you guys see where I'm coming from here? Give us ALL advantages, but let us play the game in different ways to achieve those advantages.

*** man, I'm gonna get fired at work if I don't stop reading these forums.

By the way devs, I love your game!

Sparking to other games

We have no problems controlling Novastrov, since that is our home and the one island we're interested in living on. Domhalarn and Norhoop are irrelevant as anything but PVP opportunities to SovNov.

The other groups are like you, not relevant. F-Navy quit the game aka "regrouping on Alpha to pressure the developers", TOG couldn't kill an arkhe if their life depended on it, and M2S is shedding members left right and centre since they got beaten in the tournament.

When 10-15 man "groups" become a factor and not a lol-factor, depends how many TOR nabs from all the alpha-located corporations. This was evident in the tournament where SovNov corps steamrolled all non-SovNov corps involved.

The only relevant group in-game was SQUID, and whats left of that is now busily trying to re-secure Alsbale once they've noticed that we stopped all operations there a week ago after they evacuated. What Intrusion 2.0 will bring is the Evacuation Era, nothing more nothing less.

And yet, Soviet Novastrov still stands.

Naismith wrote:

We have... 'insert ranting gibberish' ...nothing more nothing less.

And yet, Soviet Novastrov still stands.

Well, so does everyone else bucko.  Say, didn't TOG kill a good deal of 'arkhes' at that last intrusion against Brightstone?  Also, you remind me of someone... who was it again? Hmmm...  no one important I guess.

On a more serious note:

1. Can we make SAP hacking modules either cheaper or manufacturable?  SAP hacking is supposed to be common and as such bot losses.  Not everyone is in a commune and/or can affort the steady loss of SAP mods expected to accompany SAP ops.

2. Will the stability percentage changes remain as they are?

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

108 (edited by Ville 2011-12-09 00:30:01)

Gharl when you equip a signal detector, you have to left click it to activate it.  Also turn your sound on when your other account is minimized. also signal detectors on ewar isn't effective.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

109 (edited by Gharl Incognito 2011-12-09 01:01:03)

Ville wrote:

Gharl when you equip a signal detector, you have to left click it to activate it.  Also turn your sound on when your other account is minimized. also signal detectors on ewar isn't effective.

Murderer... killing a defenceles Castel like that.

EDIT: Why are signal detectors ineffective on ewar?

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

Gharl Incognito wrote:

EDIT: Why are signal detectors ineffective on ewar?

With a T4 detector:
An ewar with a detector gives you slightly better detection than a light bot.
70 * 1.5 = 135
An ewar on a light bot/mech is far more optimal.
120 * 1.5 = 180

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

You had launchers, tongue. I looted them.

112 (edited by Takeo Prime 2011-12-09 04:43:24)

one more point about outpost ownership and scanning.  If you own the outpost you should have the timer and what SAP is coming without having to leave the station to drop some kind of scan charge.

You own and manage the station, the timers can be random but the knowledge of what is coming would and should be known by the owner.

BTW why do all these posts get cluttered with game play commentary (here is what I did to you haha) instead of helpful game mechanic possibilities?  Isn't GC ingame enough space to run our mouths? hmm

I like the changes to the intrusion system although just like anything else it can be improved upon. I like passive saps they are a cake walk 8). I think the biggest change that would fix a lot of the whiners problems is let corps take their own saps although it should take 2x as long or do 2x the amount of damage.

Im on the boat with the guys that want to get rid of the specimen SAP's and make them energy based(its not like the outpost uses or even sells all those random items its asks for anyways).

This has been some of the most fun i have had since starting the game, these changes have brought something to do on beta. It also has shown that some corps only wanted to "own" an outpost if they could do it while playing huttball !!!!

the system is really easy to understand and use if you want an outpost on beta and "actively play" the game its not difficult to do. the problem that many people have cried is that they lose saps out of their time zone. ummm ya if someone is actively trying o take your stuff they might take a sap or two. but if your playing the game you will capture more than they take.

MMO's are 24/7 things happen when your not online, making corps able to change their SAP timers is the most ridiculous notion ever IMO. Doing this you might as well separate the game into different servers and that's something the DEV's will never do.

Scanning SAP timers is a good balance fro the attacker and defender because it does 2 things:
1. promotes people living on their islands (outside of terminal) ... kill the scanner bot if its such a big issue, if your not present to defend your outpost from being scanned are you going to be able to defend it from being attacked?

2. gives everyone else a swinging chance at mounting an attack. If no one but the defender had advance notice of an opening to attack then the system would be lame and cement existing owners into their current outposts with out opposition.

tldr: play or quit ... choose one

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Takeo Prime wrote:

one more point about outpost ownership and scanning.  If you own the outpost you should have the timer and what SAP is coming without having to leave the station to drop some kind of scan charge.

You own and manage the station, the timers can be random but the knowledge of what is coming would and should be known by the owner.

BTW why do all these posts get cluttered with game play commentary (here is what I did to you haha) instead of helpful game mechanic possibilities?  Isn't GC ingame enough space to run our mouths? hmm

Amen

"False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade."

Takeo Prime wrote:

Because Mara Kaid Exists.

After a few days of babysitting stationary structures that can be ninja´d while you need to take a bio-break and reading the comments in this thread here is another one from me:

If the main intention of the whole Intrusion 2.0 system really is to surpress a corp or alliance controlling several outposts/islands, then in gods name activate "setmaximumallowedoutpostspercorp=1" in your sandbox and don´t force me to dedicate two hours per day to build a wall around my sandcastle to protect it from water.

Most players have 2-4 hours of playtime per day, do you really think it´s fun for them to lure around a sap half of their gaming time? Really?

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

The rest can come later, but pls, pls, pls can you make SAPs take longer to attack right now, so we don't have to sit on the damn thing and can actually do what this system was supposed to be about, being active on your own Island.

Also leave specimen SAPs, as they are the only one that can actually be defended, ppl whining that they can't just roll over them in 1 min like the other SAPs is p funny smile

It's prolly a thing of the past (they will do the persistant intrusion times) but don't you love having 2 saps at 1am? (in a row) fuuu

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

It's prolly a thing of the past (they will do the persistant intrusion times) but don't you love having 2 saps at 1am? (in a row) fuuu

ouch ya that does suck sad

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Not directed at anyone in particular, you want hardcore rewards, then its hardcore gaming. You don't have to take every SAP. Outpost will be yours when you wake up in the morning if it has a good stability. Max stability is not the norm it is there to give players options.

RIP PERPETUUM

121 (edited by Mark Zima 2011-12-09 13:40:30)

Some additional notes:

* Nice proposal by Saramara: tie outpost stability to outpost industrial activity (mats being refined, stuff being built/repaired/recycled). So it's not about ninjas and timed blobdrop anymore.

* Balance point is 0 stability now, since going towards 0 is easier than going towards 100. Fiddling with timers won't change this fact. And zero stability means no production (and no meaning) in beta. We can reach 100 in peaceful times but any conflict (which this game is all about) will bring it to 0 quickly.

* I want alliance feature so that many corps can hold ONE outpost without the risk of kicking each other out on a whim of a single CEO. So more outposts will be available to hold by new alpha corps (don't see anyone waiting in the line tho). Anti-nova rhetoric by WAR and 62nd is irrelevant to this matter.

Celebro wrote:

Not directed at anyone in particular, you want hardcore rewards, then its hardcore gaming. You don't have to take every SAP. Outpost will be yours when you wake up in the morning if it has a good stability. Max stability is not the norm it is there to give players options.

I see how you are afraid of (potential) competition from beta-based corps, since they can have better facility levels than you. Ofc zero stability on beta is to the benefit of alpha producers.

Wikipedia wrote:

An alliance is an agreement or friendship between two or more parties, made in order to advance common goals and to secure common interests

You make an agreement to defend each others outposts its a level playing field between 2 parties, it does not mean  being dependent on 'daddy' corp providing you an OP or being a 'Pet' corp.

RIP PERPETUUM

Mark Zima wrote:

Celebro wrote:

I see how you are afraid of (potential) competition from beta-based corps, since they can have better facility levels than you. Ofc zero stability on beta is to the benefit of alpha producers.

I was not bothered with lvl3 facilities before, why should I be bothered now lol , you work hard to get that lvl4 facilities then you deserve it. I made my choice and I accept it. You make you choice and then whine.

RIP PERPETUUM

Mara Kaid Pirate of Nia wrote:
BandwagonX9000 wrote:

I believe the system is perfect as it is, after all the devs gave us what we wanted. I'm particularly fond of the 1 hour waiting times that let you bond with other corp members

What? Blame? I LOVE IT!

It's perfect. It will soon produce reams of people who prefer to go stomp on other people's sandcastles rather than build their own. If it was on my hands I'd reduce the SAP cycle to 4h and then sit down and watch the tears flow. Unintended consequences are fun.

125 (edited by Celebro 2011-12-09 15:30:57)

You start by 'stomping on other people sandcastles' in order to build your own like everyone who is in defence. Intrusions just need some tweaking to buff defenders I agree, it has been said and discussed already.

Edit: Official whine thread is official

RIP PERPETUUM