Topic: T3 and T4 miners rebalance?

Been looking at the the t3 and t4 miners/harvesters and have noticed  they offer very little improvement (1-2s Cycle times improvement only) over the the t2 at the cost of added mass, higher ap consumption and slightly higher fitting requirements.

Might I suggest some extra features to compensate for the heavier requirements for the t3 and t4 such as longer range or a slight boost in minerals/plants harvested (ex. t3: has range of 35m and/or 5% boost  in amount recovered, t4: 40m range and/or 10% boost)

Re: T3 and T4 miners rebalance?

One to two second faster cycle time is huge.

3 (edited by Norrdec 2011-12-06 11:46:35)

It's a huge difference for the new ones, but with high skills the difference drop down to something close to 0.6.
But I don't feel you need to increse the amount, that would make the tunings redundant.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

4 (edited by Annihilator 2011-12-06 13:06:25)

it doesnt matter how much the difference is later.

your mining rate is 10% better with the t4...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Exactly.

Indy Tuners are for improving Yeild / Cycle
Miner Modules are for improving Cycle / Sec

Hmm does make sense in the long run... Well you could drop the amount bonus and give it a slight range boost say 35m for t3 and 40m for t4?

Yeah I think the range boost could be a nice idea. Sometimes you have those unreachable spots wink

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Why entangle tiers with range though. Just make harvest/miner modules have more range; or better yet allow range extenders apply to it so you have to choose between RE and a tuner.

And why not let extensions improve it too, something to spend EP on after you have your yeild at 260% at 3 seconds.

yes, new extensions to increase range would be nice, even better a nexus module that can extend range. Don't think range extender is going to work well as everyone would choose a tuner, if not they should.

RIP PERPETUUM

There is already a nexus for range extensions, they just need to let it apply to indy modules.

an extension to increase mining laser range would need something like... 10% per rank or so to make a noticeable difference with those 30m base range.

i would rather see an AoE mining modification. that would make more sense!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Extensions to boost miner/harvester range would also be nice. smile The initial topic of extending t3 and t4 miner/harvester modules were based on observation on t3 and t4 weapons, which normally have a range boost in addition to other bonuses.