Re: New devblog: Intrusion 2.0 details

POS will change everything
http://www.bigmediadaily.com/wp/wp-cont … 00x392.png

MoBIoS wrote:

Alliance features where requested befor implementing I.2.0. Which is mandatory for this system. Without it, its a fail.

While alliances are nice they are not mandatory for I2.0........

Your narrow minded view is the only fail thing so far.......

Inappropriate signature.

Twiddling your thumbs for at least 2 hours every 16 hours is... well, suffice to say "imbeciles" comes up as a frequent description point.

54 (edited by Twiz 2011-12-06 16:17:34)

Spending 2 hours every 16 hours is a lot of my gametime spend on intrusions every day. I hope the devs will take a closer look into that system. So far the server population is far too low for this to actually be fun as it might have been if we were thousands of players online.  But since we are only a merely handful, this part could have been implemented at a later date.
Should be more content ingame. Only so much the players can make in the game to do. neutral

Twiz wrote:

Spending 2 hours every 16 hours is a lot of my gametime spend on intrusions every day. I hope the devs will take a closer look into that system. So far the server population is far too low for this to actually be fun as it might have been if we were thousands of players online.  But since we are only a merely handful, this part could have been implemented at a later date.

This is true.

12 to 24 would make a lot more sense as the average would be 18 hours between events rather than the current 12 hours.

This would make a big difference in terms of events per month.

it sounds like everyones aim is 100% stability all the time, right?

because to hold an outpost, you need only defend 2 of 3 saps.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Not hearing much, other than corps are losing the first SAP and 'ownership' is changing.

That doesn't mean much until stability reaches 50% however, and if defending corps can't maintain a presence at those outposts either, then it's very likely the name of 'owner' will change many many times.

The 1 hr mechanic is another method to prevent alliances or corps from holding more outposts then they can occupy. Remeber the whole concept for I 2.0 is to require owners to have a presence at the outpost on Beta, not just to show up for intrusions.

A Corp that is holding 2 outposts is going to have to have troops on stand-by for 2 hrs out of every 12. The more outposts they own the more troops they'll need, or the longer thier troops will need to be online.