Topic: My alt to a different corp for tournament play

Is it, should it be, okay for one or more of my alts to change corporations temporarily, after the matches have been announced, so that I can play in multiple matches in the tournament?

The reason I ask is because I heard that this is what some people are thinking of doing, and frankly it is a good idea.  There is a corp of lower EP players which my corp is friendly.  Since I have two very strong, high EP pvp toons I can switch one alt (Pit Fiend) to the other corp, vastly increasing our chances of winning.

Also it is more pew-pew fun for me since I am playing in more games than normal (of course at the expense of another lower EP player... besides he/she can go easter egg hunting with the other children tongue).

By doing this it is possible for me to be part of two winning side->1st and 2nd place positions<- since both of the corporations, if they win all matches up to the finals, will only meet in the finals bracket.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

2 (edited by Sid from mining 2011-12-01 14:44:41)

Re: My alt to a different corp for tournament play

I said this in General-Troll-Chat earlier:

If it was me making the rules, I wouldn´t allow players into the tournament who joined the participating corp AFTER the ladder was announced.
The way I see it at the moment is, that an alliance has 3 corporations in the tournament, corp A and B of those have to face each other in the first round. B decides to move its players into corp C so its is an automatic win for corp A.

So no, I don´t support this.

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

I don't support it

I agree you shouldn't be able to participate for a different corp than the one you were in either at the tournament announcement or the ladder announcement.

Otherwise it's no longer a corporation tournament, it's just about getting as many corps (regardless of which it is) from your alliance into the tournament then switching the players around so you have a team for each of them. It's no longer 15 or 16 corp, it's much less.

AXE JOKE ECORP N-A CIR

5 (edited by Scyylla 2011-12-01 14:54:25)

Mongolia Jones wrote:

Is it, should it be, okay for one or more of my alts to change corporations temporarily, after the matches have been announced, so that I can play in multiple matches in the tournament?

The reason I ask is because I heard that this is what some people are thinking of doing, and frankly it is a good idea.  There is a corp of lower EP players which my corp is friendly.  Since I have two very strong, high EP pvp toons I can switch one alt (Pit Fiend) to the other corp, vastly increasing our chances of winning.

Also it is more pew-pew fun for me since I am playing in more games than normal (of course at the expense of another lower EP player... besides he/she can go easter egg hunting with the other children tongue).

By doing this it is possible for me to be part of two winning side->1st and 2nd place positions<- since both of the corporations, if they win all matches up to the finals, will only meet in the finals bracket.

Nothing in the rules says that you cannot do it......

Outside of all the conspiracy stuff... People jumping corp might actually give them a chance to participate in the tourney. The most that can currently be in a match is 10. That leaves a lot of people on the sidelines.... Who are we to say that someone who really wants to participate can't?

FFS! There is a corp in the tourney with only 1 actual player. I bet he would love some help.
There is another corp in the tourney with 4-5 players.. I bet they would love some help....

*This tourney isn't about alliance epeen. This tourney is about corp epeen and robot explosions.....

Inappropriate signature.

Usually it is so that one person can only compete with one team and it is fair that way - hope they apply this principle here.

The trouble is in this part of the statement:

Not that you get (2) prizes, but that you can't play both characters at the same time in the finals. This is true if your (2) alts get matched in the second or third rounds too.

I think that you probably just posted this to highlight that others are thinking about doing it.

Perpetuum has alwasy been about what you can get away with, not what the rules or spirit of the rules are.

If someone can figure out a way to end-round the tournament (and the devs) rules to get an advantage they'll try it.

In Perp, if it's not explicitily denied, then its OK.

Best thread ever.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.