Topic: Goodbye Perpetuum online

I finnally decided to stop perpetuum, and i'll explain my reasons.

First :after 8 month of game,  i saw the real potential of the game, And i think dev's made the wrong choice several times. We are waiting for more contents and what we have is not what we expected.

Second: It seems dev's haven't play their own game, they have no ideas about what is really needed for keep players in game.

Third : Dev's destroy all i liked in Beta, ( nerf npc's, no mission in beta +) They completly nerf the part of this game witch is certainly the most interrested. So why should i live in Beta ? ( i have the answer: For keep playing perpetuum, because the alpha, is so boring)

Fouth : The game is going straight to a big wall and i hope you'll survive .

Otherwise, i really had lot of fun specially with CIR who kept me playing for the freedom !!

Great hope for the futur

And hope Dev's will realise what they lost

Re: Goodbye Perpetuum online

wrong forum section...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

sad to see you go mate but i agree with every thing you have said.. im starting to think twice about resubing to the game my self.

Devs its been a year & well.... the big things yas said at the start of the year dont seem to be in game... soo...

prepare to lose more ppl ?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

"Wrong decisions", "they have no idea"... "Posts: 3" yeah, thanks for your feedback.

Lots of tears, no content.

Well DEVs still ahve a month to implement all the promised stuff at THIS year big_smile

Sad to read all that. No more Pokky in ruschan... *cries*

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Well sad to here any player leave, I understand, hope you can make a come back when things change.

RIP PERPETUUM

I can only agree that written here.
I think many players from the realase are getting tired to wait the content, notice the "balancing" expressed the dev against all odds.

Concretely we are at the same point that since the release of the game:
-boring missions as unprofitable with an inability to achieve the sparks 6 / 6 because the islands are in beta, and the gain of the bonus is less than the cost of hired bots to increase the standing. So missions are at the same point from the beginning.
-the disparition of old npc's pops for "progressive" idea on paper may sound good, but seriously is it normal to have the best pop-alpha (with 0 risk of wild pvp) against pop or most we provide 4 star or equivalent at best.
-For the beta part, only epriton is interrested... so that's all ?

as you can imagine I intend to stop playing for these reasons...

I think we all sympathize pokk and its understandable.

I especially agree with your second point, I still feel the way dev's treat players with the 'complete silence' regarding the 'low player population' problem to be appalling and disrespectful.   It feels like they dont actually care about obtaining new players, let alone retaining existing ones.

Even a politician will say "no comment" or "we cant discuss it"..  but to walk on by and completely ignore it, especially to patrons who have remained so loyal for so long, makes leaving a very easy decision to make.

Haha, it's what I expected *g*.
The server isn't even online again and the first one start to whine like pink girlys yarr.

And it's not the DEVs who don't know, what is important. Most of you don't understand what this game need!

First of all it's: population

Not more content (there is enough), not new icelands (hell, betas are nearly empty, go there before you ask for more), not POS or whatever you want to call it. It's flat population.

And I know many of you don't want to hear it or even can't except it, but games like Perpetuum live from their PvE-player base!
If miners can't sell their stuff, they will leave.
If trading isn't posible as noone sells or buys trader will leave.
If noone buys their stuff, producer will leave.

I know many of you just want to pewpew and kick *** ... but it's unimportant, when most new players don't stay as there is NO MARKET! As long as new player don't stay becouse of no market .. you will NEVER be happy about Beta-Population!
And no golden eggs will change this!

There are plenty of markets, they happen to be Yellow.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Sorry to see you leave poKK.

See ya PoKK

Good bye.

big_smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Will wait your return.
Because u will return.

Sad to see you go. Are you keeping the subscription running?

Adieu poKK, peut vos voyages vous mèneront à des toilettes géantes avec de grandes étrons en elle. wink

C'est la guerre. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Frog, eat it!

Serpens wrote:

Adieu poKK, peut vos voyages vous mèneront à des toilettes géantes avec de grandes étrons en elle. wink

You are good ! roll

I await for patch deployement before taking any decision.
Alpha isn't for me.

Sale baltringue PoKK tongue

Jack Jombardo wrote:

Haha, it's what I expected *g*.
The server isn't even online again and the first one start to whine like pink girlys yarr.

And it's not the DEVs who don't know, what is important. Most of you don't understand what this game need!

First of all it's: population

Not more content (there is enough), not new icelands (hell, betas are nearly empty, go there before you ask for more), not POS or whatever you want to call it. It's flat population.

um where were you a few months ago? the player base grew massively & now where are all those people? gone for the most part. why? player base wont grow lol if your dont have the content to keep them. I know this for a fact as NEX has had some 700+ people join to play this game & 80% have stoped playing for a few reasons... the bigest was: "yay i enjoyed the game but ive done most of the fun stuff over the last month or 2 & now what?"

The dev sell this game as a sand box game. How many of us play perpetuum for its pve content? there are far better pve games out there.
Yes the driving force behind games like perpetuum is the players but this game has horrible player retention after 1-2 months. Why ? coz after that theres not much to do.
Beta has been poorly implemented i feel as theres not much difference between alpha & beta in terms of rewards.

I get the dev team is small & i really do like the devs, but i cant put away the feeling that we are playing an anemic game.
The potential for the game is nothing short of massive. I guess i just want to see the future plans stated again since many of us older players have been waiting for so long now. this past year we have gotten 6 new islands & mk2 robots as the big ticket items.

I ask the DEVs this. If you wish perpetuum to be a sand box game. when are we the players going to get the tools to build in the sand box?
Devs when i read this blog back in feb http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … /#comments i desided you would have my loyalty for the next year. And you still do im just frustrated that after all this time the big 3 (imo) Artillery,Terraforming and player-built structures. We haven't got any  updates on since that blog (if i missed a dev blog about then my apologies).

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

21 (edited by Jack Jombardo 2011-12-02 03:52:54)

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

um where were you a few months ago?

I am one of this guys, who joined when the other big Sandbox failed wink.

And as a 2007 vet from the other Sandbox I can tell you, there isn't that much more content in this other one. But people do play it mostly as the market there works perfect.

You mine, jump to a station and if your price is good, you can insta-sell the ore you mined.
You produce and if your price is good, you can insta sell your products.
If you like it, you can buy stoff at station X and sometimes sell it at station Y in the same system for profit (yes, it's posible).
You do missions and back in station it's posible to sell every damn loot instant.

PS: and I forgot, you can buy everything at all times!

If you compare the population of PvP areas and of PvE areas ... the PvP population is marginal and irelevant at this other sandbox (don't count all the bots and scouts in low/00!! they are no real population!). There are times when the population of J-(main traid hub) is 2*population of ALL PvP systems together!

And that's why all I can say is: PvP is irelevant as long as the market does not work!

poKK wrote:

First :after 8 month of game,  i saw the real potential of the game, And i think dev's made the wrong choice several times. We are waiting for more contents and what we have is not what we expected.

Second: It seems dev's haven't play their own game, they have no ideas about what is really needed for keep players in game.

Third : Dev's destroy all i liked in Beta, ( nerf npc's, no mission in beta +) They completly nerf the part of this game witch is certainly the most interrested. So why should i live in Beta ? ( i have the answer: For keep playing perpetuum, because the alpha, is so boring)

Otherwise, i really had lot of fun specially with CIR who kept me playing for the freedom !!

Great hope for the futur

Dude...I don't *** care.

Who are you?  Really People need to start thinking there important, as your not, and stop posting this BS post all over the forums.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:
poKK wrote:

Great hope for the futur

Dude...I don't *** care.

Who are you?  Really People need to start thinking there important, as your not, and stop posting this BS post all over the forums.

some might say the same to you smile

That sucks.  Sorry to see you leave.  I agree with what you said, but the game has a lot of potential.

Sorry to see you go Pokk old mate. Hope you come back one day soon.

And Devs get some Advertising out there PLEASE !!
We all know it costs money, but if you don't spend it you can't earn it.