Topic: Thank you DEV, GM Team !

We made an event to make a THX subtitle with robots, if anyone has picture, video from event share it!

Perpetuum today 1 year old and that was the DEV, GM team anniversary gift. Thank you the hard and grat work!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: Thank you DEV, GM Team !

Here are my pictures of the event and the mayhem that ensued after smile
Luv ya all <3

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/ima … m_1375.jpg
http://content.perpetuum-online.com/ima … m_1379.jpg
http://content.perpetuum-online.com/ima … m_1381.jpg
http://content.perpetuum-online.com/ima … m_1383.jpg
http://content.perpetuum-online.com/ima … m_1384.jpg

Thank you for organising this Inda and thank you DEVs!
Too bad I couldn´t be there...

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

*shakes fist in anger*  I hate work.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

THX for everyone! wink

I have some screenshots, but my favorite one is certainly the one I took with the landmarks list open all the way, because it illustrates a point that's not obvious on the first glance:

It was 36 robots from all of the corps. From HUN thru TOG thru M2S to MORTE.

It just shows what an amazing community you are when it comes to treating the game as a whole, and frankly we should be thanking you for that - and I hope our continuous updates to the game will show our gratitude appropriately.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

7 (edited by elric 2011-11-26 18:03:57)

Enjoyed being there. big_smile
Big thanks to inda for setting it up. cool

Looked like tons of fun. I am sad that I missed it.

9 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2011-11-30 07:29:23)

yet another reason why i hate my TZ sad looks cool tho guys good work big_smile

also ive never seen this structure b4 shown in this pic: http://content.perpetuum-online.com/ima … m_1384.jpg

or is it a new OMGWTFBBQ dev bot tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

OMGWTFBBQ dev bot< exactly wink

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

its a body part of the police tower - probably the torso.

the head is "ball"... someone made hybrid gropho back in beta which was a big sphere with 6 medium missile launcher hovering around.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Nice work! smile

Why'd the slug thingy never get introduced?

14 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2015-07-07 04:58:46)

Ville wrote:

It was apart of the old police towers from the beta of the game, it was there but rather was removed along with the police tower mechanic I believe, though the model is still there which the devs use as bots every now and then.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

15 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-07-07 06:39:30)

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Ville wrote:

It was apart of the old police towers from the beta of the game, it was there but rather was removed along with the police tower mechanic I believe, though the model is still there which the devs use as bots every now and then.

Police towers something that would have been really cool to have in game. sad

All they needed was 2 things:

1. tower doesn't need LOS to kill a target & has a range of 9000+ tongue

2. IF you attacked a bot within a police towers protection radius you die even if you are outside that range see (1) smile

Bring police towers back to the game on Alpha 2 islands!!!
big_smile

man can you believe that was 3.5 years ago??  Time flies smile

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

actually, the issue with the police towers was not their range (at that time 1km was max for everything), but their inability to remember (like gamma turrets)

i remember the event that led to 100% syndicate protection on alpha like it was yesterday:
M2S and their countless gauss-fit Kains under ICS-Alpha terminal. ISBoxer synchronised alphastriking everything that undocked.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

17 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-07-07 13:25:39)

Annihilator wrote:

actually, the issue with the police towers was not their range (at that time 1km was max for everything), but their inability to remember (like gamma turrets)

i remember the event that led to 100% syndicate protection on alpha like it was yesterday:
M2S and their countless gauss-fit Kains under ICS-Alpha terminal. ISBoxer synchronised alphastriking everything that undocked.

I also re member Black Omen Saying you could stand out side the "protection radius" & shoot targets within. (I started playing just after the towers removed)

I have been thinking about this all day & I think police towers could pave the way for some really fun & interesting PVE / PVP gameplay in this game. But thats a topic for another day (or thread) for me its getting late smile

I think they have a model for their first gamma siege bot...

Ville wrote:

That might be useful if they ever built gamma mechanics that require you to shoot at turrets instead of some other bullshit.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

police towers had 1km range limit - because that was THE radar range. since an seth could also shoot and lock (in theory) more then 1km, the turret protection was, depending on terrain, NIL if there was just 1 tower (like for beta entry teleports)

dumb, non-target switching Turret-AI was als exploited several ways. Like one night when i asked "do those turrets have LoS? - the next day you could watch youtube vids of M2s baiting turret aggro, hiding behind rocks and killing everyone on alpha. LOS was then removed for them. (i was always good at causing the bad guys to run amok big_smile). Later, heavy shielded SETHS have been used to tank the turret damage with logi-support.

first they got removed from alpha and replaced by 100% protection because of what i wrote earlier
their beta coverage got reduced to teleports, outposts and terminals - with so many complaints from M2s about save mineral fields within protection zones (where blackomen mined 24/7) , and "station games" that have been more entertaining then what we have right now,
they got reduced to only terminals and teleports, and then removed completely because of the range and aggro issue.

All the issues of the Police towers carried over to gamma turrets (after all it most likely was 1:1 the same AI)

@ Ville:

before they use that outdated PT torso, they can do this Siege bot

They used that for turrets though.

Annihilator wrote:

*drools* After they finish the missions new multi tiles bots would be cool. I would come back to the game full time to enjoy that smile

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

*drools* After they finish the missions new multi tiles bots would be cool. I would come back to the game full time to enjoy that smile

THAT IS AWESOME! Why is that not in game? You know how much players will come back for a few of these bots?

RIP PERPETUUM

You can lead a Hungarian to water but you can't make him think.

They have prototype and commander models already that they don't use. With a proper rebalancing they could put SO much new content in the game it would drive the next population boom and using that money they could start to add new models for new bots.

But hey, they haven't done it the last five years so why now.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

25 (edited by Annihilator 2015-07-08 17:32:36)

Celebro wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

THAT IS AWESOME! Why is that not in game? You know how much players will come back for a few of these bots?

its one of the few kitbash robots that would look actually good. the issue is its size. the gamma turret body is already 1-tile filling, so the lithus wheels got scaled up by 50% (for math-dummies: scaled by a factor of x1.5), which makes it to big to be implemented without some a rather small adjustments to the game engine.

if they would make a "passable terrain" layer for that bot, that would "grow" every impassable terrain tile to its neighbour, half of the clipping issues are solved already. adding a Z-value to impassable tiles, they could even make gliders float across smaller obstacles  (like plants), or to big robots beeing blocked by low ceiling structures (that currently have no collision detection.

edit: btw, that mobile tower would be able to fit medium and large weapons. both are compatible with the model and already ingame (fully animated).