Topic: Episode 12 - Incoming Transmission Podcast

Hello Ladies, Gentlemen and Robots!

Perpetuum Podcast #12 is out!
http://incomingtransmission.wordpress.com/

• Segment 1: Alexander and Gremrod do a look at Perpetuum from Closed Beta to current.

• Segment 2: Interview with DEV Crm and DEV Gargaj

Want to know more about the Demoscene? Check out About Moleman 2

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: Episode 12 - Incoming Transmission Podcast

yay!

3 (edited by Alexander 2011-11-27 22:26:07)

Segment 1: Alexander and Gremrod do a look at Perpetuum from Closed Beta to current.
Segment 2: Interview with DEV Crm and DEV Gargaj

\o/ Yays great stuff Gremrod

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

I really enjoyed listening to that podcast. cool

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

nice podcast
you made me missing the policetowers with that review.

Grem: when you go to budapest, dont forget to visit the observer spawn @ Blaha wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I'm listening to it just now and I'm at the part where they talk about how I joined the team and how they had to convince me, so I thought I do a little comment on how I remember that smile

Back then I was mainly doing some freelancing as a webdesigner, when Crm and the guys came to me and said, hey are you up for some graphics work. And while I said "okay, what do you need", being "late to the party" I didn't really know what it was all about, so it kinda felt like a hobby of sorts.

I didn't take it too seriously either because if I remember right, at that time the whole thing was supposed to be some kind of generic frame-engine for tile-based strategy games, and it somehow felt like they didn't really know where their aim was. So they just asked me to do some ground textures, and tree models and stuff, but doing those didn't get me involved in the project any more than necessary. Well, it was that feeling of aimlessness coupled with the fact that I had a well-paying job which I didn't really want to switch out for something insecure.

But then, I can't remember when exactly this happened, but suddenly the guys went like "ah yeah, this is now an mmorpg project with robots". And I was like wtf that's pretty cool, and I think that was also the time when they got an investor, so things could get rolling at last. So they said they needed a UI artist fulltime, and I was like "goodbye stupid website clients who never know what they want and like to troll me, I always hated you", so I became part of the team for real. Well since then I am much more than a UI artist, but that's another story already smile

Gremrod's story will crack me up any time big_smile

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Great to finally have another podcast out again tongue And might i say gremrod & alex can really jump onto some good tangents tongue

PS. to forum mods... what the hell was wrong with my first post? fuuu

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Did someone blow their nose at about 45:10? LOL

Gremrod wrote:

That, my friend, was the sound of progress.. Also, yes but it wasn't me. At some point I am pretty sure I could hear someone punching their keyboard.

Thanks for the podcast Gremrod.  Very insightful to hear you guys and the devs talk about where the game has been.

I enjoyed listening to it because for those of us... bittervets... that have been playing since release and had to go through all the sh*t as it was being made up, it's a nice chance to look at Perpetuum from a long-term perspective and see how much the game has progressed since then.

An idea came to mind when I was listening to the developers about how they wanted to create drama, you guys should definitely use the "player history" in Perpetuum as an advertisement. There's so much good material, all it would take is to assemble it in chronological order and let word-of-mouth spread. I mean, how many people started playing EVE because they read about the war between BOB and Goonswarm? If it gets 10 new players to Perpetuum it's worth it the time to write, rather then short stories. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

There's so much good material, all it would take is to assemble it in chronological order and let word-of-mouth spread.

I said it long time before too.

Developers wanted to create "their own drama". They made it well: look at the corp. dialogs big_smile Why not to write a sort of perpetuum history and use it for advertisement?

15 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2011-11-28 10:48:03)

Alexadar wrote:
Syndic wrote:

There's so much good material, all it would take is to assemble it in chronological order and let word-of-mouth spread.

I said it long time before too.

Developers wanted to create "their own drama". They made it well: look at the corp. dialogs big_smile Why not to write a sort of perpetuum history and use it for advertisement?

hell theres more drama llamas in that section than all of south america! ~good times~ lol

I <3 u all ....

as a beta player its amazing the amount of things i had forgot roll twas the best podcast so far!

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Gremrod wrote:

Sorry about that smile

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Can we order any of those posters?

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

Sorry about that smile

smile

Thanks for producing this Grem!

Nice one! The best podcast so far. smile

RIP PERPETUUM

great job. Keep up the good work!!

"False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade."

Do you want to make one more podcast Gremrod?

Did I hear the sound of an epic thread necromancy?
A pod-cast you say? Hmm..

I say: super awesome PP podcast. And i'm sure we can do a great one.

I don't see any podcasts from me in the future. I did talk with Obi and said I would co-host with him if he produced them.