Topic: New devblog: Intrusion 2.0 details

And here is the long-awaited blog about the final Intrusion 2.0 features, coming in our anniversary patch on the 1st of December!

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … 0-details/

2 (edited by Alexander 2011-11-26 15:35:36)

Re: New devblog: Intrusion 2.0 details

If you’re on the defender’s side, your only goal is to keep the attackers from completing the SAP until it closes again. Simple as that - you won’t even have to touch it. The maximum time limit until a SAP is open has been reduced to 1 hour; that’s the time you have to stick out.

1 hour is better for both attackers and defenders. This will increase roaming parties a lot.

An important sidenote: should the defenders start completing a SAP, technically they will also become “attackers”, and if they win the intrusion they will decrease the stability of their own outpost!

Go go Ninja spies. This is a terrible idea.

SAPs will open up at random times at every outpost in 8-16 hour intervals.

I like this a lot.

You’ll be able to scan for intrusion times in the same manner you scan for artifacts... The scan result will tell you the time, with some random inaccuracy depending on your geoscanning extensions, and the remaining time until the SAP opening. Naturally, outpost owners will only have to step out and do a scan to know the time of the next event, but they will also have to be on the lookout for spies trying to scan for it.

Almost everyone has 100% scanner accuracy and it's easy enough to ninja scan. You might as well advertise the times as this is a wasted feature. hmm

Different types of SAPs have different stability values, here’s how it looks like:
Passive hacking: 10 points
Active hacking: 15 points
Destruction: 15 points
Specimen processing: 20 points

These values seem fair however the attacker is always at a disadvantage when combined with the outpost owner knowing when the next SAP is activating. The system rewards the defenders for not getting attacked rather than defending their SAPs. Defenders should need to do SOMETHING to raise the stability rather than just sit around.

SAP loot

Just a system to force people to care about their SAPs and fight over the loot/steal it. Very uninspired. Very dull. A better system would have been a special artifact that spawns for 1 hour when the intrusion starts (And continues after the intrusions is completed if finished before the 60 minutes) that contains this loot. It should of course be guarded by a spawn (Not Observers, just elites)

Outpost Access Control

FINALLY! <3

Auras

Mixed feelings. We need to understand the effect of owning multiple outposts or the implications of alliances later on. Also, the UI should should show your current stability level as a bar or a reading and also show the auras with a percentage sign next to them. Would be much better.

Now owners will be able to shape their outpost’s industrial profile, by upgrading facilities from level to level, even up to level 4!

Not sure if I like this or not. The entire systems sounds like whatever you upgrade FIRST you get to keep for longer but an upgrade cannot be undone unless you risk losing your outpost control.

this sounds great for the beta islands etc, but is there a link to what else there will be in the next expansion or is it all about the intrusion system?

JoJo McNugget wrote:

this sounds great for the beta islands etc, but is there a link to what else there will be in the next expansion or is it all about the intrusion system?

Does the independent player get any player goodies this patch ?

The patch will also include the new level3 assignments package.

This system brings in a whole new level of strategy: is refining more important for your corporation than anything else?

No strategy here, refining is the most important facility (by far) to make your industry more efficient no doubt.

RIP PERPETUUM

can we somehow reduce to topics about int2.0?

blog comments,
this
and this: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … rusion-20/ ?

Missing information in Blog:

what about the npc faction relation?
what about non-owner corps with access to the outpost?

how will their facility effeciency modified?
Will whinatory being able to refine at the best refining rate ever again without an own outpost?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Oh well. I wanted to write something here but looks like Alex did all the work.

I agree on almost all what Alex wrote. I only don't like SAP loot, it's like free magically appearing candy bag.

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

Dan wrote:

I only don't like SAP loot, it's like free magically appearing candy bag.

That you can "liberate" from the enemy.

"Rock is OP. Paper is okay." - Scissors

Annihilator wrote:

can we somehow reduce to topics about int2.0?

blog comments,
this
and this: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … rusion-20/ ?

Missing information in Blog:

what about the npc faction relation?
what about non-owner corps with access to the outpost?

how will their facility effeciency modified?
Will whinatory being able to refine at the best refining rate ever again without an own outpost?

HAHA!! You said whinatory!

Inappropriate signature.

I like this changes because they making outpost ownership much reasonable than we have now, but require daily efforts to keep it what makes this sytem approached to the good risk-vs-reward coefficient.

Also i'm looking forward to replace random SAP events with a player-driven events, aka reinforcing POS in eve-online, and to make outpost upgrades buildable/destructable.

I think outpost system will be most awesome, when outpost will be sort of hub, and your corp can build its own fortress over this hub, with fair limitations offc., plus intrusion events will be completely player driven.

This will be 100% win for the intrusion system believe me. What do you think?

- double post, but it seems this is the relevant topic -

I think, like already mentioned in an earlier post,  this Intrusion 2.0 might be a good direction but the way it is now, I consider it a slap in the face to all Corps who are envolved securing the island, guarding the SAP´s,  engaging in intrusions, only so that one corp gets all the benefits of an outpost. And if things go ugly, you are being locked out of the outpost, at the owners good will. All Corps working hard together to keep an Island will have no benefits, still have to pay enormous amount of NIC to the holding corp for research / production, only with the risk to be logged out, if the CEO has had a bad day.

So much for Alliance features.

This is unfortunatly really half cooked.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Or this is just to discourage alliances.

i dont see any point of the new system that actually makes it more discouraging to build alliances then the actual one.

each corp can have only one outpost buff active. they can also max out factory and refining on their own outpost (you dont need to go to someone esles outpost anymore to refine with maximum effeciency)

now and then, to help an ally out, you simply have to keep other off doing a sap, or, most times easier: keep them off the island.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I think this system is an improvement on the old one, that said, I do have two issues with it.

1) Defenders can't take their own SAP. So if no one attacks, we still have to sit and protect a SAP for one hr, and I assume we will have to sit there, as the blog says SAPs are now easier to complete, so an active hacking SAP will take what? 5-10mins? SAP loot seems to be something thrown in there to make up for this.

2) Starting at 5% Stability. I'm particularly annoyed about this one, because we only fought an intrusion for Fort Douglas Outpost a few days ago, which was outside of our Time Zone, and cost us in NIC and Materials. The following day, we get this blog which basically says, we could've just ignored the intrusion, taken one SAP under the new system, and have the station at 5% stability anyway. This is basically a reset of the ownership of all stations, which makes all Intrusions up till now pointless.

n, taken one SAP under the new system, and have the station at 5% stability anyway. This is basically a reset of the ownership of all stations, which makes all Intrusions up till now pointless.

as i read it, you need to do two saps to take over an outpost. one to lower the 5% stability of the previous owner (and im sure there was one) and then another sap to claim the outpost.
now that you are the owner of that outpost already, you start with 5% and the first sap will increase your stability by 10% or 15%

Anni is right.

And the decision for 5% was made to give enough time to react for those who have assets at any outpost, since with 50% you can already close them.

5% is a joke, make it 30-35% at least if not 50%!

And another thing - everyone who have assets were already warned in the blog and all.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

5% is a joke, make it 30-35% at least if not 50%!

And another thing - everyone who have assets were already warned in the blog and all.

Not a joke...

Think of it as a devlish plan to make a large portion of outpost controlling corps spend quite a bit of time on beta after the patch. After all, we just want people on the islands to kill right????

Inappropriate signature.

20 (edited by Dazamin 2011-11-28 18:00:51)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Anni is right.

And the decision for 5% was made to give enough time to react for those who have assets at any outpost, since with 50% you can already close them.

Well there are already 4 days for people to get stuff out, etc. Plus there's been plenty of warning this is happening. Also there are plenty of numbers between 5 and 50 that would give something to owning corps without locking anyone out.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Anni is right.

I agree, there will have been a good 2 weeks before the patch goes live and people will have items trapped. 25% would be a fair start for all the outposts. 5% is quite low.

5 % start:

1 cycle to lose outpost
3-4 cycles to get locked out (total 4-5)

3-4 cycles to lock others out

25% start:
2 cycles to lose outpost
3-4 cycles to get locked out (total 5-6)

2-3 cycle to lock otheres out

i think 5% is a good balanced start

(note: the lower cycles are outposts with specimen + destruction + active hacking)

There are (2) important points to remember;

1) Beta occupation and
2) Outpost contention are the I 2.0 goals.

Making the defending corp 'sit' on the SAP for an hour isn't a requirement, its a strategy, and what strategy corporations use will depend on when the SAP's go live, if they are under direct assault, and the current outpost stability level.

In general, 5% is going to create havok on Beta, at least for the first couple days, which actually servs the purpost of getting players to beta.

Also, there are now rewards for each SAP, that have nothing to do with Intrusions. For me, this is the biggest wildcard addition. 2, 3 or more groups may show up at a SAP simply to vie for the loot drop, and a passive hack may get taken as a side effect.

The takeaway here is that passive ownership just isn't going to happen, but passive ownership meant nothing anyway, so now ownership of an outpost with high stability will be the mark of a strong corp.

With 5%, all facility will be to 1 for 4 days + more days to up the stability. It's very nice for corporation which have their production in beta.

5% is a good and balanced decision as a starting point. Should make things more spicy and promote actually playing the game instead of collecting EP offline. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice