Topic: Font

Tell me, is there a way to increase the font size in the game, except for a single point in the graphics settings ? Because the current size is only a headache and pains in the eyes of even 100% vision and 22-inch monitor

Re: Font

If you don't know this yet:
- hit "esc", that opens the options
- choose "gameplay" tab
- use larger fonts where possible (mainly the chat text characters will be larger)

unfortunately that is all you can do, other texts cannot be resized sad

DEV Quodys wrote:

If you don't know this yet:
- hit "esc", that opens the options
- choose "gameplay" tab
- use larger fonts where possible (mainly the chat text characters will be larger)

unfortunately that is all you can do, other texts cannot be resized sad

ancup wrote:

Tell me, is there a way to increase the font size in the game, except for a single point in the graphics settings ?

yes he knows, he just miss-spelled game settings...

Question to BoyC

wouldnt it be possible to render the GUI and the actual 3D stuff in DIFFERENT resolutions, and then combine it afterwards? I have read about games doing that dynamicly to keep the fillrate constant.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The current user interface engine is pretty strict when it comes to resizing, so that's a definite no. As for rendering the 3d at different resolutions to keep the fillrate constant - that has it's own separate set of issues starting with not being able to use antialiasing on rendertargets all the way to fillrate not actually being a bottleneck on most pcs for Perpetuum.
On most systems the cpu is our bottleneck and I'm working hard on relieving some of the workload from there.
There's a very quick way to see if your system has a fillrate issue or not - if you only change the resolution of the game and the framerate changes drastically you're most likely fillrate bound. Mobile hardware is the only place where we have confirmed this, but that's... well... mobile hardware smile

5 (edited by Annihilator 2011-11-25 17:09:01)

the fillrate was just an example.

there are also games like... starcraft that keep the INTERFACE always at the same size, no matter what resolution you set.

also simulator games like freespace or MS flight simulators did that in the old days if my memory is correct...

edit: even windows XP does this - my two screens are running at completely different resolutions, but the size of desktop elemts is the same on both screens.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear