1 (edited by Purgatory 2011-11-21 14:51:16)

Topic: Tournament prize: T4 prototype items - a slap in the face.

Giving out T4 prototype items (of your own choosing even) as a prize is a slap in the face to those who worked hard for the last year to unlock many T4 items. These people can pick all the highest return items and then simply reverse engineer them so they can sell on the market. If this severely effects me I may just unsub my 5 accounts for good.

Why not change the reward to be T4+ items instead?

Re: Tournament prize: T4 prototype items - a slap in the face.

If it wasn't for the fact that 1st prize was otherwise unobtainable heavy mechs, 3rd prize would be the best prize, it's certainly better than the 2nd prize.

3 (edited by Purgatory 2011-11-21 18:13:51)

They're giving a huge industrial edge to whoever wins 3rd prize and allowing them to create the best items in the game that others have been working toward for a long time. 3rd prize has a value of over 15-20 billion nic while 2nd prize is worth a mere 600-700 mill nic.

Here's what i'd pick for 3rd prize

2x T4 fast extractor nexus
2x T4 industrial nexus
1x T4 recharger nexus
1x T4 medium remote armor repairer
3x T4 medium miner module
1x T4 medium harvester module

They will want to make as much as they can from each CT they get from the reverse engineer, so it's to be expected that they will continue to build until the CT efficency is right down to 10-20%. Hey, the devs even threw in 10x free level 10 decoders, it's like they wanted you to do this, they had it planned out.

Assuming they build about 150 T4 modules from each CT and sell each module from around 5 to 20 mill each. (20m for t4 nexus modules) 5m for miners/harvesters and 10m for T4 remote repairers, they're looking at earning about 15-20+ billion nic.

Hey, they could use some of that to buy all of the 1st and 2nd prizes from the winnings and still have loads of nic left afterward.

Very poorly thought out 3rd prize, not only doing it grant insane riches to the 3rd prize winner, and not only is it backward that 3rd prize is better than 1st and 2nd by a mile, but it also *** over us industrial types, some of us have been playing this game for a year now, hoping to one day be the first to produce some of these high end as of yet unavailable T4 items. This whole prize buggers that, market will be saturated, not much of a player driven market when a tournament gives such rewards.

Well, I don't mind the fact that they give out prototypes as a prize, but:

• Reduce it to 5x prototypes

• Make it 2nd prize

With those two adjustments I think it's very reasonable. Prototypes only last for so long, and given that most corps usually don't sell to market, I don't even think you have to worry much in that regard!

Yep, we are shooting for third place.  smile

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I'm with Lucius on this, the most likely scenerio is that a corporation that already has access to those T4 prototypes is going to win.

I don't see any scenerio where, PIE for example, is going to be competitive enough to get to the semi-finals bracket; unless only 3 corps sign up smile

M2S, CIR, 62nd, F-navy, Tog, ect ect are the PVP corps that already have that tech and are going to take the prizes, not a indepentant manufactoring corporation that is going to sell these items on the open market.

Or, maybe the winner will put the T4P's on the market now, just to troll you smile

7 (edited by Purgatory 2011-11-21 19:18:38)

Arga wrote:

I'm with Lucius on this, the most likely scenerio is that a corporation that already has access to those T4 prototypes is going to win.

I don't see any scenerio where, PIE for example, is going to be competitive enough to get to the semi-finals bracket; unless only 3 corps sign up smile

M2S, CIR, 62nd, F-navy, Tog, ect ect are the PVP corps that already have that tech and are going to take the prizes, not a indepentant manufactoring corporation that is going to sell these items on the open market.

Or, maybe the winner will put the T4P's on the market now, just to troll you smile

Or maybe i'll win it? Hope I didn't enter too late, so many greedy people hoping they can get a free pass to producing all the T4 items that few to none have unlocked yet. This really is the dumbest move i've ever seen the devs make.

To Agra's comment.
TOG will not be entering this comp at this stage.
And if we did win the prototype prize we would seed the market like we are currently doing with many other Tiered items and bots. Anyone can approach us for prototypes now and if we can make them for you we will.

Now for the Comp issues....
The way the Devs have the current rules for any mods to be fitted will only gain the strongest corps an advantage the other corps cannot possibly achieve.
To make it fair on everyone, weapons/fittings should be limited to T3 at most (as Serpens from CIR mentioned in the blog). That way everyone has a fair chance of winning by skill not by current tech that some can't fit due to huge Corp resources and advanced tech.

Wait, this sounds like a Mini-Tier-System Proposal (http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -proposal/) gnihihi - rofl

Kampf Maus wrote:

Wait, this sounds like a Mini-Tier-System Proposal (http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -proposal/) gnihihi - rofl

unlike that idea this isnt a permanent feature.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

The Omen wrote:

To Agra's comment.
TOG will not be entering this comp at this stage.
And if we did win the prototype prize we would seed the market like we are currently doing with many other Tiered items and bots. Anyone can approach us for prototypes now and if we can make them for you we will.

Now for the Comp issues....
The way the Devs have the current rules for any mods to be fitted will only gain the strongest corps an advantage the other corps cannot possibly achieve.
To make it fair on everyone, weapons/fittings should be limited to T3 at most (as Serpens from CIR mentioned in the blog). That way everyone has a fair chance of winning by skill not by current tech that some can't fit due to huge Corp resources and advanced tech.

T4 is not the I-Win button........

It is tactics and team work that will win this tourney. Anyone that pvp's will tell you tech is nice but they would rather have an experienced FC and a solid team over tech any day....

Inappropriate signature.

Lol, how many items you can made from this prototypes... thousandths no! tens of thousandths!
Unlike hard worker purgatory who already won perpetuum, guys who will get this 10 prototypes will use them very fast unlike the noble one who have this in research base.
I will told you once more: open your eyes prugatory,
/end of topic

Ordinarily I would agree with Purgatory...

However, let us consider that this is the 1st tournament ever in Perpetuum, the main prize is the prestige (thus the black special blabla bots). The anniversary plan itself (that has been presented so far) is - no offense devs - quite pathetic and shallow.

A PVP tourney that relies on the community to supply everything (all the devs do is /teleport people around and /give items after it's done, its something you come up with in a lazy night at the bar chugging back beers), and a treasure-hunt? Srsly thats it? Could have done so much more.

20 billion NIC sounds a lot from an individual perspective (or from the perspective of some corps out there), but it's really nothing. It's a good prize because even tho I personally think the "PVP" corps will win 1st/2nd place, there's a good chance a new/casual corp will get 3rd place.

And there's nothing wrong with that because it's THE anniversary. The only thing it will mean is that individual producers like Purg/Lucius will sell less T4 over a period of time, and I suspect that's where the problem lies. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

We have modified the rewards:
http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … comment798

Syndic, you forgot: neither will purgatory ever be able to get his hand on one of those black heavy mechs which he needs for his one-man corp to grind kernels with a higher efficiency as now.

im rather happy about the treasure hunt. theres no way i could participate in it, but hopefully i can unlock the two aniversary sparks.

last but not least, those two things are not the only things for that patch:
- int 2.0
- new logistic bot? (regarding DEV Calvin next patch)
- eventually upgraded grafics.
- ... eventually yet unannounced features?

what is a surprise?

Wikipedia wrote:

Surprise is intimately connected to the idea of acting in accordance with a set of rules. When the rules of reality generating events of daily life separate from the rules of thumb expectations, surprise is the outcome. Surprise represents the difference between expectations and reality, the gap between our assumptions and expectations about worldly events and the way that those events actually turn out. In essence, surprises are the end result of predictions that fail.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

Syndic, you forgot: neither will purgatory ever be able to get his hand on one of those black heavy mechs which he needs for his one-man corp to grind kernels with a higher efficiency as now.

im rather happy about the treasure hunt. theres no way i could participate in it, but hopefully i can unlock the two aniversary sparks.

last but not least, those two things are not the only things for that patch:
- int 2.0
- new logistic bot? (regarding DEV Calvin next patch)
- eventually upgraded grafics.
- ... eventually yet unannounced features?

what is a surprise?

Wikipedia wrote:

Surprise is intimately connected to the idea of acting in accordance with a set of rules. When the rules of reality generating events of daily life separate from the rules of thumb expectations, surprise is the outcome. Surprise represents the difference between expectations and reality, the gap between our assumptions and expectations about worldly events and the way that those events actually turn out. In essence, surprises are the end result of predictions that fail.

You thought I still grind kernals? I stopped doing that quite some time ago.

Purgatory wrote:

If it wasn't for the fact that 1st prize was otherwise unobtainable heavy mechs, 3rd prize would be the best prize, it's certainly better than the 2nd prize.

Can you ***...any more?

Really?

B1tch more and more and more...this is ALL you do.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

DEV Zoom wrote:

We have modified the rewards:
http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … comment798

Sorry Zoom but you caved to the whine that is Purgy....... Rewards where fine.....

Inappropriate signature.

Purge should be happy, now EVERYONE gets t4 protos not only one group that would quite possibly sit on them wink

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

I guess the devs think that the way to help a shrinking population is to screw with the player driven economy in a sandbox. Fail.

reminds me of the times where GMs have been called "corrupt" because GM Mancs gave out two NEXUS modules (recharge and assault) and a 10k stack of purple laser ammo for TEST-Event during Beta.

the impact of that 10k Ammo was sooooooooooo gamebreaking that the GMs had to quit their jobs, the Event was a mess, and the footage of the biggest fail of cheating #2# was accidentally destroyed before it was made public.

long talk, short result: starting next week i will offer cheap prototypes of anything i can build (t3, and soon t4)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

22 (edited by Syndic 2011-11-25 19:36:46)

Think Zoom just got some CoolPoints™ for this epic-troll... lol

In before:
fuuu fuuu fuuu

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:
Purgatory wrote:

Can you ***...any more?

Really?

B1tch more and more and more...this is ALL you do.

I don't see why you're cranky about it... all you do is b1tch or troll all the time as well. Probably has to do something with unwanted competition....

Call we all agree purgatorys new name is whinatory?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Call we all agree purgatorys new name is whinatory?

Yes. Yes we can.....

Inappropriate signature.