Topic: Make Sequers bigger

Sequers and other transportation vehicles should be bigger. Currently they are smaller then mechs altought have huge capacity. To make it all more realistic - please scale them up!

Re: Make Sequers bigger

what you think has more volume,

a 8m high cylinder with 2m diameter, or a sphere with 5m diameter?

also, place a sequer next to a seth, or riveler.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

If it was a mech class bot then yes, but its in the assault class, sequer size is ok.

Talking about haulers: we should have a light bot and mech size hauler.

RIP PERPETUUM

Talking about sizes etc, I'd prefer to see different Lithus model, but that seems still impossible - while we have 1-tile limit smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

man imagin how cool the bots & mechs would look if the devs did 2+ tile models big_smile
ide love to see that ..... i mean after POS / Terra forming & some new massive continent maps come out

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Yeah, this limitations surely seems like something that needs to change in the future. smile

7 (edited by Takeo Prime 2011-11-18 18:35:11)

Lithus is pilot-able at indy 8.

I would like to see at indy 9: Lithus trailer option.

you fill your "trailer" in terminal, deploy, deploy trailer from lithus and it auto attaches.  It would have 120U (half the lithus) and would attach to the lithus like a semi-truck trailer.

at level 10, 2 trailers could be available and you would have your lithus pulling duel trailers and have the ability to pilot one mech with the load of 2 lithus.

Would be an awsome site to see duel trailer lithus rolling around.  this also gives advantage to EP Indy bot to 10.

Until then a mech size hauler at 150U-ish would be nice.

Takeo Prime wrote:

you fill your "trailer" in terminal, deploy, deploy trailer from lithus and it auto attaches.  It would have 120U (half the lithus) and would attach to the lithus like a semi-truck trailer.

at level 10, 2 trailers could be available and you would have your lithus pulling duel trailers and have the ability to pilot one mech with the load of 2 lithus.

Would be an awsome site to see duel trailer lithus rolling around.  this also gives advantage to EP Indy bot to 10.

This man is thinking out side the box.

I like.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

the idea is not new, and not easy to implement either.
Its only solving one of the two main issues with multi-tile bots: each part would be targetable seperately, but what about "turning" ?

pepetuum has no acceleration or turning rate mechanic, direction changes are happening instantly. also no collision detection between robots (or in this case robot and trailer) ....

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Takeo Prime wrote:

Great Idea +1

RIP PERPETUUM

Annihilator wrote:

Its only solving one of the two main issues with multi-tile bots: each part would be targetable seperately, but what about "turning" ?

pepetuum has no acceleration or turning rate mechanic, direction changes are happening instantly. also no collision detection between robots (or in this case robot and trailer) ....

Just have them "invisibly follow" the owner bot every where it goes even if it means the trailor floats threw vegitation. Have them deploy like a field can (combo to open, but targetable like bots/mobile TP) and let the miners drag their cargo in to them instead of the field cans. Also make them unable to re-dock(in deployed config) after deployment until recovered "emptyed" so the lithus pilot must dock empty load, undock flop trailor loads to lithus, redock empty load, undock and recover trailors.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Lobo wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Just have them "invisibly follow" the owner bot every where it goes even if it means the trailor floats threw vegitation. Have them deploy like a field can (combo to open, but targetable like bots/mobile TP) and let the miners drag their cargo in to them instead of the field cans. Also make them unable to re-dock(in deployed config) after deployment until recovered "emptyed" so the lithus pilot must dock empty load, undock flop trailor loads to lithus, redock empty load, undock and recover trailors.

great additions, I like.  We already have the "attach to" in squad.  Use coding like that but dont let them get hung up on landscape.  Give them the HP and benefits of the Lithus.  If the Lithus has a shield so do they, if it is plated, apply that math...etc.

If the "attach to" coding is too difficult, then if the trailer gets hung up it stops the Lithus also.  Make the driver swing wide, avoid sharp turns, and be aware of his trailer.  We are talking about giving him the ability to haul twice his current U.  It doesn't have to be easy to drive it to make it work and be beneficial.

Takeo Prime wrote:

Great idea.

just need multi-tile bots, that way we can make larger bots overall rather than them just looking more dong-like

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO POKI

*official mascot of NeX*

15 (edited by Alexadar 2011-11-19 23:36:22)

You made type.
Make server bigger.
+2..3k of newbies would be enough for a first time

mmm

sequers are fine

Alexadar wrote:

You made typo <fixed
Make server bigger.
+2..3k of newbies would be enough for a first time

mmm

sequers are fine

Still made me smile

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

just to get back to the topic of the initial post:

the request was to make sequer physical bigger because they have more cargo hold then a mech which has in his eyes a physical bigger appearence.

im sure if you calculate the volume of the cargo pod of a mech (that has its torso filled with weapon systems) or the cargo pod of a sequer (that has 1 torso slot) you will see that its about right in comparison. After all the sequer is about half in size of a heavy mech (seth)

I think you are missing the point or the way cargo is stored.

It's stored as (electronic) volume. The mechs ARE bigger than the sequer but they are also filled with generators, weapon systems etc., while the sequer is a big walking "hard drive" with barely anything else inside.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

I think you are missing the point or the way cargo is stored.

It's stored as (electronic) volume. The mechs ARE bigger than the sequer but they are also filled with generators, weapon systems etc., while the sequer is a big walking "hard drive" with barely anything else inside.

I think I get the idea, without the need to add:

Electronic volume?

Well all know its a game within a 'game'.Meaning we are physically in a space station orbiting earth, not in Nia, but in game items are still materials and occupy space.

RIP PERPETUUM

What do you do while docking up? You de-materialise, changing your robot into data. Similar thing happens to the modules you "take".

yet, the volume of the storage device still counts. The Sequer has a Hard drive that can store 60Units (note: its Units, not m³) and its physical size is bigger then on a eg. kain.

the only thing that breaks with that logic is the field/loot-container...

Annihilator wrote:

yet, the volume of the storage device still counts. The Sequer has a Hard drive that can store 60Units (note: its Units, not m³) and its physical size is bigger then on a eg. kain.

the only thing that breaks with that logic is the field/loot-container...

Do you use this same reasoning for a field container that can store excess of 100,000,000 U and still be smaller than the foot of a Mesmer? tongue

Or should the Field container grow as it is filled, ending up taller than a Terminal if it has such a large quantity stored in it? hmm

The field container breaks this logic. Still it's not a real world and we can argue that the field container has a special unstable data storage, which shouldn't be used on mobile units (loss of data etc). Not everything has to have human logic, sometimes it has hungarNian! ^^'

indeed, the field container cannot be moved after deploying, nor does it last longer then 15minutes without interaction with a robot.

Annihilator wrote:

indeed, the field container cannot be moved after deploying, nor does it last longer then 15minutes without interaction with a robot.

and this has what reasoning with its size?