Topic: New devblog: The Big Perpetuum Anniversary Weekend!

We're celebrating our 1st anniversary with some fun ingame events and surprises! Check out the details, and be sure not to miss it on the first weekend of December!

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … y-weekend/

Re: New devblog: The Big Perpetuum Anniversary Weekend!

NOM NOM

Inappropriate signature.

Extra sparks: will they be better than 6.0 relation sparks?

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

Dan wrote:

Extra sparks: will they be better than 6.0 relation sparks?

"Better" is quite relative, but no, that would be pretty stupid smile

DEV Zoom wrote:

There are no module restrictions, robots may be fit freely.

Aren't you afraid that ppl start whining about how t4+ fitted teams will have advantage against less wealthy corporations (which you encourage to sign up by setting low sign up fee)?

What size and shape will be the arena?
Will it be single-elimination tournament?
Can I get a pink mesmer, for teh lulz? big_smile

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

wow, team composition with that point system will be tough.

2 combat mechs, 1 indu mech, 1 ewar mech = 25points

7 suicide sequer + 1 combat assault...

ahh, all the time to decide on a team...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

question to the tournament:
where is the "arena"?
how big is it?
how far appart will the teams be deployed.
how is the terrain? plain sight? buildings? hills?

while there is a relative "small" entry fee, and the relative small playercount you need (minimum 4, maximum 25) it may look promising for even small corps.

but with the no-reimbursement / loot rule, i see it problematic to risk anything above assault.
you could survive the first round with a single bot - then you have to replace the rest of your team until round two.
with 4 rounds to play, you could lose many fully fitted bots even if you win each round.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

while there is a relative "small" entry fee, and the relative small playercount you need (minimum 4, maximum 25) it may look promising for even small corps.

but with the no-reimbursement / loot rule, i see it problematic to risk anything above assault.
you could survive the first round with a single bot - then you have to replace the rest of your team until round two.
with 4 rounds to play, you could lose many fully fitted bots even if you win each round.

The only way i see around this is for the devs to reinburse the winning team of each round, or something like that.

Karos wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

The only way i see around this is for the devs to reinburse the winning team of each round, or something like that.

TM-UAS won´t participate in this tournament, so don´t worry smile

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

11 (edited by Karism 2011-11-19 12:03:49)

Sid from mining wrote:
Karos wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

TM-UAS won´t participate in this tournament, so don´t worry smile

This better?

Even so, i wasn't stating that i was participating, just that this method is the only way around teams not being able to fight evenly in rounds past the first, not sure what your trying to imply.

12 (edited by Purgatory 2011-11-21 22:48:59)

Can we expect to see a team of shield tank evasion troiars dominating the whole thing or will that be fixed before then?

Yes, the Troiar changes will roll out before the tournament.

14 (edited by Purgatory 2011-11-22 12:33:22)

Syndic wrote:

I've already arranged the final results of the tournament. smile

Above quote taken from another thread in general discussion:

Several corporations from an alliance team up for the tournament and gang up on their competitors, thus assuring themselves 1st, 2nd and 3rd places - What's to stop this from happening? If they choose to work together, they will almost certainly win, and they will certainly do this if they can.

Every team can have up to 10 members. Teams can only include members of the registered corporation.

Of course we can't stop them from joining the same corporation, but that's their decision.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Every team can have up to 10 members. Teams can only include members of the registered corporation.

Of course we can't stop them from joining the same corporation, but that's their decision.

How does this stop an alliance of multiple corporations from saying to each other, let's all gang up together and take out the other teams first and then we'll split the top 3 spots between us? According to some, it has already been decided this way.

I'm not sure what you mean by "gang up"?

Pairing of the teams will be done by drawing, so they can also end up fighting each other.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by "gang up"?

Pairing of the teams will be done by drawing, so they can also end up fighting each other.

So each match is 1 team vs 1 team rather than something like 3 teams against each other till one remains?

Yes, "The tournament is a 16 team straight elimination ladder", sorry if this wasn't straightforward.

It was, he just wants your attention to point out that the 3rd price will ruin his empire smile

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

21 (edited by Purgatory 2011-11-22 14:41:32)

Sid from mining wrote:

It was, he just wants your attention to point out that the 3rd price will ruin his empire smile

Or maybe you do? Because I never mentioned it in this thread, whereas you did, infact you were the first person to mention it in this thread.

This has nothing to do with ruining "my empire" To begin with, what empire? Secondly, this isn't just about me, yes, i am one of the main persons effected, but this effects every player who is investing their time and effort into gaining the research to build those T4 items. Perpetuum is a small game, there isn't many players, and the prototypes of choice being given out are enough for whoever wins to saturate the market for most of the T4 items that as of yet are unavailable on the market. T4 extractor, recharger and industrial nexus modules, T4 medium remote armor repairer for example.

People play perpetuum for different reasons, mine is the industy side of things, and this 3rd prize can very easily ruin all of my remaining long term goals. Once that happens, why should I even play anymore, with no goals left? It won't be worth investing tens of billions of nic into kernals just to enter a saturated market.

There's probably only a few of us who are even bothering to go for this research anyway, so who cares right? Why not hold touraments like this every month, and give out free T4 prototypes of choice to the winner, or every week even. Even better, let's just seed all T4 items on the market, and to hell with a player driven economy, you're half way there already by giving out the end result industrial jackpot of huge industrial investment as a silly tournament prize!

3rd prize should be a collection of T4+ items, 1st and 2nd prize do not give any kind of serious game advantage, 3rd prize gives a huge game advantage.

Sid from mining wrote:

+1

Inappropriate signature.

23 (edited by MegaMaid 2011-11-22 18:07:06)

I actually agree with Purgatory here.

Give T4+, not T4P.

T4+ won't screw with the market, T4P will. The market is one of the little bits of sand in this "sandbox" game. As soon as you start interfering with it like this, what sand do we have left?

Leave the economy to the players.

Purgatory wrote:

Or maybe you do? Because I never mentioned it in this thread, whereas you did, infact you were the first person to mention it in this thread.

You have to pick one or the other smile

CIR and friends already have all the T4 prototypes, so if they are conspiring to win, then those T4P's won't show up on the market simply because if they wanted to sell them they already would be.

MegaMaid wrote:

I actually agree with Purgatory here.

Give T4+, not T4P.

T4+ won't screw with the market, T4P will. The market is one of the little bits of sand in this "sandbox" game. As soon as you start interfering with it like this, what sand do we have left?

Leave the economy to the players.

Yeah, TBH the devs are acting like this is just a beta game and won't really matter, but it will. It beggars belief that they plan to give out T4 prototypes of choice as one of the prizes.