1 (edited by Elim Garak 2011-11-18 11:26:34)

Topic: Make Sparks.. interesting ?

Hello there,

Am i the only one who think spark system is cheap ?
Maybe it was made to not affect the balance of bots, which initially is a good thing, but that mean it almost change nothing.

Maybe i'm lonely on this, but when spark patch came out, i did take a look at it, took me like 1min to check them, nothing much to think about, i did not need to think at all, so i was a bit disappointed.
You can see no one talk about them, if there wasn't sparks it would be the same.

What about upgrading spark system and making them more interesting, give more reflexion about them than just "i need 6% standing and i'm done", for vets "i already got 6%, i'm done".

First, i think it would be nice to make spark having only one kind of bonus and give the ability to fit more than one spark on your agent.
Lets say 3 spark of 1bonus, and there will be almost anykind of spark bonus in the game.
You cannot fit more than one kind of spark. But 3% & 2% bonus sparks might be two different spark ?

About getting sparks, make it harder than just choosing them from a menu...
Some basic sparks can still be choosed from the start for newcomers.
Standing requirement still needed to fit most of them.

Different solutions,

1 - assignements could give some sort of "points" which could be used to unlock different kind of sparks.

or

2 - sparks could be dropable & manufacturable items. if manufacturable, they have to be randomly damaged when you loose your bot, sometimes no loss, sometimes 1 or more destroyed.

or

3 - not like this much but there could be an achievement system to unlock them, people usually like this, getting killing blow on a superior observer with your arkhe, stuff like that.

Anyway, i know they were originaly designed to replace in some ways the attributes.
Also i know you said you'll probably add more sparks in the future but i would like to see more works and more brainstorming inputed in Sparks, cause IMHO they are almost uninteresting actually, they are a small disappointment.

TL;NR - make sparks more like a build system, to give more specialization aspect & make new ways to get sparks.

I just think sparks could be an interesting feature instead of being transparent.

Re: Make Sparks.. interesting ?

They can't be produced or looted - don't forget we are far away from Nia, sparks are Earth-manufactured and sent via wormhole.

What about the rest - DEVs already mentioned that sparks will be upgradeable. However, multispark system sounds good.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Yeah, actually it's Earth-manufactured items, but who knows, Devs can change their mind big_smile

Only did read about more sparks in the future, i'm curious to know what they meant by "upgradeable" sparks.

1. it was already anounced somewhere that mission rewards will be a kind of "mission item shop" tokens - there probably will be some sparks you can buy from those

2. the current short spark list is.... a first set. Its obvious that we will get more. Unlike new robots or new modules, sparks do not need meshes or animations or such - Alf alone could spawn hundreds of them in a few minutes. Balancing them is another topic wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

What needs to happen.

Every time you die your spark get RESET.
A SMALL death penalty.

You know like that other game...that other game...

Just a different twist to it.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

E-war and better indy sparks that is all

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Lobo wrote:

WOW your really thinking out side the box on that one.

I expect more from you...more so better ideas.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011

8 (edited by Burial 2011-11-19 12:54:09)

Would like the sparks be like implants. You have many slots with different options to choose from, each giving different bonus. I am not talking about the capitalist pig way of doing it, more like the game Anarchy Online did it. cool

Basically, If you do not know how implants in Anarchy Online worked, heres a small rundown: Your character had many slots for implants: head, hands, legs, chest and so on and each implant had 3 slots for bonuses. Depending on where the implant went, you got the bonuses, so you could not get extra strenght from brain implant or extra intelligence from waist implant. In the end, you had extremely big variety of possebilities how to combine them. It was a big part of the game and was pretty fun and customizable. This could open up a whole new industry line in this game.

To implement it into this game, you could have a bunch of nessecary items obtainable throught missions and then industrial guys whould build it all together.

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:
Lobo wrote:

OMG your making this like work

OK take each robots natural bonuses and turn them in to a spark I love E-war so dream bonus sparks would be
% ECM strength
-% ECM cycletime and acc usage
-% to hit size
% Ewar strength to supressors and ECM
% to supressor lock time and distance
% to effective range of D-mob
% of effectiveness of D-mob
-% acc usage of supressor
-% acc usage of D-mob
% to ammount drained
% to amount neuted
% to effective range of neut/drainers
% range bonus to all above
-% of self neuting while neuting
% increase to each nexus (one spark for each nexus).

You get my Idea.

My next Idea is more of a fix to the system the devs just worked so hard to make (sorry devs).
Most sparks have 2-3 bonuses. Instead of having 1 spark with 3 bonuses why can't we custom build our sparks with 3 bonuses. Make our main spark selection if we have the relations for it be our higest bonus % spark be it 5% or 10% what ever seems balanced. That would be the "named" spark then affix identifyers to it 2 more bonuses. Meaning I could custom build my spark (if i have the relations) to fit my style. Example: I choose Numiqol Em guns as my Main spark 5% to EM guns(spark name DFD Ubernor), next I choose ECM bonus 3% (designator ECM 3k), next my last bonus I choose a reduced hitsize bonus -2% (designator Evade 222) So after I choose it all pay to allow injection. On my charcter page it would say I was using the DFD Ubernor 3k/222 any one checking my profile would see that.

I think that would allow the most customization out of the spark system and would make people push to get better sparks. A system like this would also allow customization of Bots easier I know some Raple people would take the Lazer bonus, I know some Chaos people would take the Neut bonus on their assaults smile

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men

A SMALL death penalty.

That's not a bad idea actually. You can now start hating this guy lol

11 (edited by Lobo 2011-11-19 13:58:51)

DEV Zoom wrote:

A SMALL death penalty.

That's not a bad idea actually. You can now start hating this guy lol

As if losing my T1 plated mech wasn't bad enough! I don't mind paying to "unlock them" but paying for them each time kinda seems dumb. Its like I'm paying for software if I blow up my computer tomorrow I can still buy a new one and Re-download all of my paid for programs. Wouldn't be opposed to haveing a timelimit like insurance and a extention to increase the time and decrease the purchase, also allow multiple sparks like insurance on multiple bots.

12 (edited by Annihilator 2011-11-19 14:19:39)

well, spark reset sounds reasonable, because.. well, your spark explodes with your robot and theres was no explaination why we respawn instantly at a terminal.

id rather have my spark flying around and giving me a free death cam - and for respawning i have to choose "self-destruct" or flying towards next terminal (wow-spirti style)

Lobo wrote:

As if losing my T1 plated mech wasn't bad enough! I don't mind paying to "unlock them" but paying for them each time kinda seems dumb. Its like I'm paying for software if I blow up my computer tomorrow I can still buy a new one and Re-download all of my paid for programs. Wouldn't be opposed to haveing a timelimit like insurance and a extention to increase the time and decrease the purchase, also allow multiple sparks like insurance on multiple bots.

the spark is not your software, thats your extensions. the spark is your hardware...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Sparks have been a welcome addition to add some unpredictability to your opponent.  Just because he is in bot "A" and you are in bot "B" does not give you a solid mathematical formula to know all his ability.  The spark puts the "but if he has the..." intrigue into the formula.

Please leave them as is, just stay the course and add more variety, and or other ways to obtain them rather than grinding Alpha missions.  Please stop applying mechanics that benefit ones from leaving Beta to run to Alpha just to obtain an Item.  We need Beta activity and you keep draging Beta residence back to Alpha islands... mad

I think the only way to get better sparks should be activities that are centered on Beta islands activities.  Alpha residence should have to purchase them from the safety of their non-aggression, low risk, afk mining world. (awaits the rage comments from Alpha bears....)

Lobo wrote:
Lobo wrote:

OMG your making this like work

OK take each robots natural bonuses and turn them in to a spark I love E-war so dream bonus sparks would be
% ECM strength
-% ECM cycletime and acc usage
-% to hit size
% Ewar strength to supressors and ECM
% to supressor lock time and distance
% to effective range of D-mob
% of effectiveness of D-mob
-% acc usage of supressor
-% acc usage of D-mob
% to ammount drained
% to amount neuted
% to effective range of neut/drainers
% range bonus to all above
-% of self neuting while neuting
% increase to each nexus (one spark for each nexus).

You get my Idea.

See was that SOO hard.

Good ideas..some may be a bit OP but good ideas.

And please implement you lose your spark when you die.
It actually puts a VALUE on the spark itself.  As well as you can make them a MARKET item for trade and more FUN FUN.

Just Sayin