Topic: Possible to Re-Create a new Character with same Name?

Hi,

Apologies if this question was already asked. I did a search and couldn't find anything relevant. After reading some posts and articles, I think I may have made a mistake with the character I created. Can I delete my character and re-create a new one right away with the same name? Or is the name forever used up after wards?

Thanks in advance
-Wraith

2 (edited by Jasdemi 2010-12-07 16:47:43)

Re: Possible to Re-Create a new Character with same Name?

It's forever bound to your ACCOUNT, but you can delete and recreate a character with the same name on the same ACCOUNT as many times as you want.
Now send me 50k NIC for helping out, noob.

Jasdemi wrote:

It's forever bound to your ACCOUNT, but you can delete and recreate a character with the same name on the same ACCOUNT as many times as you want.

Thanks Jasdemi. When I get enough NIC, I'll be sure to send some your way. wink

I recently read something about names being taken even if you delete the character, and that this was "a feature, not a bug". But I can't find the post.

Anyway the post also contained the support email; support@perpetuum-online.com

So I guess you could email them to free the name up if it gets stuck?

And I don't believe it's instant either, I think there's a 24 hour wait (possibly just 24 hours after creating the character, not sure).

5 (edited by Gremrod 2010-12-07 17:02:39)

Jasdemi wrote:

No, really... I thought you were leaving?
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … eaving-po/

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

No, really... I thought you were leaving?
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … eaving-po/

What is it ... I don't even ...

i think there is now an EP penalty for deletion of chrs.

<one step back>

~M~

In the echelons of human history, legend spoke of the Messiah, who would lead the lost, from the darkness, into the light...

~Don't say you weren't warned~

This is my fourth or fifth Gobla on this account. Not sure about being bound to account but you can definitely delete characters and recreate one with the same name.

*Insert really awesome sig here*

I highly encourage everyone to delete their characters and restart them with the same name. *Hee hee hee...soon I will have more EP than anyone on the server. My plans for world domination are...* Dammit, how do you think in private on these forums? sad

Great, so if you messed up your character and do want to remake it, not only will you not get the 20k starting EP back but you will lose 2k also!, even if you start a new account you wont be able to use your original name.

I really hope its not just me who see's how wrong this is.

Welcome to Perpetuum.