Re: No Enemy, no game!

Sounds worse than working at Tesco’s all week for one night out ;p

Lol. Possibly smile

Simple fact is that Perpetuum is in decline.  There is not enough content being added and people are not renewing their subs.  That is not to say there is no potential, it just needs to be utilized so people feel like they have a reason to log in.

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

29 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2011-11-14 03:14:15)

Gharl Incognito wrote:

Simple fact is that Perpetuum is in decline.  There is not enough content being added and people are not renewing their subs.  That is not to say there is no potential, it just needs to be utilized so people feel like they have a reason to log in.

Oh agreed 100% we need the content that will allow us to shape the word to our will & allow us to build our own little empires. the DEVs have had a year now. But i doubt they will get another if we dont get more soon... & intrusion 2.0 doesnt count as im going to bet it will provide little more "content" to the game.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Oh agreed 100% we need the contect that will allow us to shape the word to our will & allow us to build our own little empires. the DEVs have had a year now. But i doubt they will get another if we dont get more soon... & intrusion 2.0 doesnt count as im going to bet it will provide little more "content" to the game.

You say it doesn't provide content, and I refute that by saying that I'll be logging in when intrusion 2.0 is published.  I forsee anger and much gnashing of teeth.  I enjoy reading about internet robot (spaceship) drama.

Kleus wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Oh agreed 100% we need the contect that will allow us to shape the word to our will & allow us to build our own little empires. the DEVs have had a year now. But i doubt they will get another if we dont get more soon... & intrusion 2.0 doesnt count as im going to bet it will provide little more "content" to the game.

You say it doesn't provide content, and I refute that by saying that I'll be logging in when intrusion 2.0 is published.  I forsee anger and much gnashing of teeth.  I enjoy reading about internet robot (spaceship) drama.

And i will do the same, but intrusion 2.0 is hardly in of its self the content this game needs to start growing again.
Dont get me wrong it will help. But we play a "sand box" game that lacks a sizable amount of sand. Im sure more is on the way but the time it takes to get here does concern me a little.

Tho im always happy to be surprised smile

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Kleus wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

And i will do the same, but intrusion 2.0 is hardly in of its self the content this game needs to start growing again.
Dont get me wrong it will help. But we play a "sand box" game that lacks a sizable amount of sand. Im sure more is on the way but the time it takes to get here does concern me a little.

Tho im always happy to be surprised smile

Yep, very true. But luckly I2.0 is a step in the right direction smile

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Perhaps along with 2.0 we will get a bigger sandbox, ie 3 or 6 more islands. I have not heard any info on this, just hoping.  Might be enough to keep the game rolling until PoS.

Cassius wrote:

Perhaps along with 2.0 we will get a bigger sandbox, ie 3 or 6 more islands. I have not heard any info on this, just hoping.  Might be enough to keep the game rolling until PoS.

Why? Why would you want more islands? That would actually spread the players thinner and you'll have less action that way. I don't think that's a good idea.

Waswat wrote:
Cassius wrote:

Why? Why would you want more islands? That would actually spread the players thinner and you'll have less action that way. I don't think that's a good idea.

I don't agree. More land mass is needed to in order for players to feel safer in beta. More space will mean more areas where players can potentially ninja mine or farm kernals and most importantly more smaller corps will have a chance on creating there own home in beta, which in turn will bring more players in game.

Longer travel distances is also needed to create different markets, this can even promote the market. If beta corps need to travel too long to mine titan in alpha they might buy from the market instead of mining it themselves.

We need a larger game world.

RIP PERPETUUM

landmass must be big enough to house more then two factions. Intrusion 2.0 will accomplish that a relative small group cannot hold outposts that are spread all over the place - they have to concentrate their force at those outposts they want to keep.

Fort douglas was not Chaos's main base, they did not respawn there when they got killed. This will happen more often under I.2.0.

BUT, to keep the conflict up, there must be a reason to attack someones MAIN outpost, aside of EPEEN or just destroying some of their robots. Reasons like "you can build certain stuff just there, while they cannot built other stuff only at your outpost".

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Celebro wrote:
Waswat wrote:
Cassius wrote:

I don't agree. More land mass is needed to in order for players to feel safer in beta. More space will mean more areas where players can potentially ninja mine or farm kernals and most importantly more smaller corps will have a chance on creating there own home in beta, which in turn will bring more players in game.

Longer travel distances is also needed to create different markets, this can even promote the market. If beta corps need to travel too long to mine titan in alpha they might buy from the market instead of mining it themselves.

I have to agree with you Celebro more land mass is only a good thing. Eve has shown in the past that having a large world to play in doesn't hurt the game. It only adds to it since people feel they have more space to claim as their own.

More land mass + less tediously grindy travel.

Wts warp engines + hull. Has no legs. Goes for 10k nic per. Called ***. (that's shuttle mistyped for any1 not quick enough, but poo analogies get eaten by the forum monsters, hence the i=1 replacement).

Wtb more hours in a day :S

WTB Theolodica Combat Class Dropship.  wink

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

i would like it if we the players could build highways where we wanted them out on beta. make them killable in some fashion tho.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

i would like it if we the players could build highways where we wanted them out on beta. make them killable in some fashion tho.

Yeah, being able to build a highway system that doesn't suck complete *** would be great big_smile

Sundial wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Yeah, being able to build a highway system that doesn't suck complete *** would be great big_smile

Ya infrastructure war ftw \o/
But yea i would like to know if doing this kind of thing is even possible. the more the players can do the better in a sand box.

Celebro wrote:
Waswat wrote:
Cassius wrote:

Someone gets it smile. Exactly my thoughts