Topic: New Module?

I am wanting a new arm module:

Niani virus pulse:

Module that fits an arm slot.  When activated it sends out a 1k radius pulse that acts as a temporary anti-aggression chance from NPC's.  This module will need an EP leveling system for effectiveness and to increase the "chance" of temporarily fooling NPC's into believing you are just "one of them" and not an agent controlled bot.

How it would work: (Beta travel for example)
you need to get from point A to point B but have to zig and zag because of NPC areas.  Instead you can pulse your Niani Virus pulse module and have a "chance" of avoiding aggression from the Nest or other NPC roamers.

Hey this acctually plays into the current lore of the hacking that got us here, and why do they know that I am not just one of them? wink

I think that this module would be a great "should I risk it?" option for playing with fire when selecting a travel path and add some very interesting movement routes for PVP and NPC activities.

Re: New Module?

not needed... really

removal of static npc spawns, and replacing them with roaming ones = no npc "spawns" you have to avoid, and your counter to roaming ones would be... masking

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Takeo Prime wrote:

I am wanting a new arm module:

Niani virus pulse:

Module that fits an arm slot.  When activated it sends out a 1k radius pulse that acts as a temporary anti-aggression chance from NPC's.  This module will need an EP leveling system for effectiveness and to increase the "chance" of temporarily fooling NPC's into believing you are just "one of them" and not an agent controlled bot.

How it would work: (Beta travel for example)
you need to get from point A to point B but have to zig and zag because of NPC areas.  Instead you can pulse your Niani Virus pulse module and have a "chance" of avoiding aggression from the Nest or other NPC roamers.

Hey this acctually plays into the current lore of the hacking that got us here, and why do they know that I am not just one of them? wink

I think that this module would be a great "should I risk it?" option for playing with fire when selecting a travel path and add some very interesting movement routes for PVP and NPC activities.

Annihilator you are not making any sence.  As long as there are ANY NPC then this module would have a use.  Moving to an exit and being able to use a roaming spawn as an exit route is very significant.

Your response has no weight.

Any intelligent feedback?

Geo scanning missions require players to scan for minerals, these locations are usually directly under a spawn of NPCs.

While the idea of using this module to move more effectively is one use, another would be to trivialize level 4 and 5 geo scanning missions.

No, too easy.

I have too ideas for new modules

Standard cargo module
slot:legs
+5% cargo capacity
+2% mass of robot

Standard lighweight tunning
slot:head
-3% mass of robot
-3% armor hit points
-3%demobilizer resistance

Melee weapons modules
Standard small kinetic power fist module
slot:chasis
mass: 50kg(melee need speed)
accumulator consumption:4ap
cycle time: 4s
kinetic damage 30points
hit dispersion 3.50*
optimal range 2m

How about ...

Field masking unit.
Deployed from cargo and increase any friendly bot masking strength within 300m.
Unit has 1/2 hour timer, can be used to make a mining op harder to find or a roving gang a better chance of creating an ambush.

Unit can only be detected at 200 m, and can be targetted and destroyed by anyone.

Should also come in a PoS style structure when those are in the game.

FYI I am assuming the current "interference module" only disrupts enemy lock time etc, not detecting.

interference also has effect on detection mechanics. dunno which one, probably the detection is lowered.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear