26 (edited by Annihilator 2011-11-09 00:30:05)

Re: Neutraliser overpowered?

Lobo - not Aoe based, thats something different

current EWAR calculation works like this: (note: im no coder)

if "EW strength > random (1; target sensorstrength)" then "apply EW effect"
EW strength = module base * (1+ SUM(extension1, extension2,)+robotbonus)
ECM effect = clear targeting computer of target + play fuzzy screen effect on targtes HUD
Supressor effect = increase lockingtime, decrease lockrange of target 

something i would like to have in those existing mechanics:

EW strength * (ECM optimum range / target distance)
Lock-strength = (unmodified max lock distance / target distance )*sensorstrength
if "lockstrength < random (1; EW-strength )" then "break lock"

A ECM bot could break locks of his prey that are far way, but not those that are to close to it.

edit: fixed some math

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Ok so The ECM efficiency with range is a pretty cool angle... not gunna lie

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

28 (edited by Purgatory 2011-11-08 21:01:02)

Now if only green mechs had cpu spare to actually fit neuts. Lol yeah right.

Nobody fits them for three reasons. They are too heavy on fitting requirements. They slow you down a lot. Range on them is crap.

I think that the problem is not the neutralizers. The problem is using the accumulators.
Accumulators is required absolutely for all. (Why?)

I think that need to depart from the concept of "all modules use the accumulator."
Energy produces a reactor. It should feed the main system.
Let us introduce for example the "heat"? Lasers shoot and produce really many heat. If the robot overheating, the guidance system should work badly (for example).
The game should have more characteristics than the hit points and the accumulator. Neutralizers should be usefull against one.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

good post hunter, like that!

indeed, this is also true for the other forms of ewar:
- ECM = breaking all of the targets locks = target unable to do anything because locking is required
(in reality, most ECMs are defensive measures...)
- Sensor Supressor = at longer range same as ECM, and even more powerfull IMHO.

both are gone through many balancing changes over the last two years. If they ever get LoS added, in an instant neutralisers will replace them as nr.1 EWAR.

conclusion: Neuts, and a higher number of ECMs can be described as "unresistable perma-stun-lock devices"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

A ECM bot could break locks of his prey that are far way, but not those that are to close to it.

OK I see the math to back it up but how does that make sense to an e-war pilot? I can ECM but i need to stay outta the fight. A cammy with ok skills in ECM and some weapon skills can ECM further than he can shoot as is you make it harder to jam the closer the target is the cammy and any other pilot with delusions of ECMing a mech while getting shots off are now null. Seems to me it should be the opposite if any thing the closer i am it should have a better chance at scrambling the brains I mean targeting of my enemy.

hunter wrote:

Let us introduce for example the "heat"? Lasers shoot and produce really many heat. If the robot overheating, the guidance system should work badly

Dude you have a problem with every single balance in the game and you want to make it more complex!

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

lobo - you have to look at the whole formula:

if the ECM bot is closer then his optimum range to the target, it will have a bigger then 1 multiplicator to its EW strength.
the locking strength of a robot will also increase, the closer the locked target is, relative to its the robots locking range without sensor amp.

this results in two decisions for the ECM user: either charge in together with the combat group to give them cover even in melee range, or stay behind and cover the "artillery" and the advancing force from enemy long range. due to the math, the ECM user himself can break the lock of the target on himself with a high chance.