26 (edited by Purgatory 2011-11-03 15:55:41)

Re: Shield bonus on a heavy combat mech is dumb.

So it's right that gropho has a bonus that is only good for pvp? Is that what the devs intended, pvp bonuses?

What about keeping in line with the bot bonuses? Pelistal bonus is AP recharge.

What about the other factions combat mechs? Do they get pvp specific bonuses? No, their bonuses are all round useful.

27 (edited by Cobalt 2011-11-03 20:57:25)

Its useful in pve too. In fact its always useful, and certainly wont be removed. Deal with it.

28 (edited by Purgatory 2011-11-04 01:48:05)

Cobalt wrote:

Its useful in pve too. In fact its always useful, and certainly wont be removed. Deal with it.

Not so long ago the devs were considering removing it and giving the gropho an ap recharge bonus wink

And actually it's almost always not useful, i think that's what you meant to say.

Purgatory wrote:
Cobalt wrote:

Not so long ago the devs were considering removing it and giving the gropho an ap recharge bonus wink

And actually it's almost always not useful, i think that's what you meant to say.

I C Wat U Did Ther.

Sigh....I do pray the DEV's don't really consider PVP advice from someone who claims to spend mere minutes in the game everyday just to play the market.

Mr. Bear please leave the big boy decisions to the big boys who kill each other.   yikes

In common terms....you have no idea what your talking about...

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

They considered giving the Gropho an AP recharge bonus, then they didn't go with that because it would make it hella overpowered and they'd have to nerf its natural recharge rate quite a bit.
Although I much prefer the shield absorb bonus they gave it.
Your problem is just that you can't use shields in pve, I agree, if I go out farming in a gropho I get RR and a armour tank. It still works for me just fine but in return you get possibly the best heavy mech for large fights.

Purgatory, are you sure you know how to play pelistians? big_smile

32 (edited by Exomorph 2011-11-04 12:51:01)

Purgatory wrote:

So it's right that gropho has a bonus that is only good for pvp? Is that what the devs intended, pvp bonuses?

What about keeping in line with the bot bonuses? Pelistal bonus is AP recharge.

What about the other factions combat mechs? Do they get pvp specific bonuses? No, their bonuses are all round useful.

Just think a little ... if Gropho get AP recharge bonus, like the other pel robots, it would be the same, that Seth gets resist for all bonus ... almost unbreakable tank ... So your point is just pointless (confirmed by DEV btw tongue)

I don't know how the hell you have problem with Gropho in pve farming ... i don't even have an industrial alt to rr my Gropho , i'm simply use Zenith mk2 as support for my gropho when i pve farming ... don't have any problem to kill npc-s (yeah maybe not 1-2 shot kills, but can do farming normally).

So in fact i'm asking same that Alex did : do you know how to play pelistal ? ^^ smile

expand that question: do you play pelistals at all?

after all your last topic was the seth's shield bonus... (=laser mech)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I farmed 1 million plasma in 3-4 days using gropho mk2s with no remote repairer. Yeah I think I can PVE just fine in them. Just because i'm good at something easy like pveing in a gropho doesn't mean there's not an issue.

you can do it just fine... so wheres the issue?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

He thinks that gropho's vitality bonus should participate in pve, like seth's and mesmer's

Alexadar wrote:

He thinks that gropho's vitality bonus should participate in pve, like seth's and mesmer's

so in other words:

some month ago, the Mesmer was out-of the line because it was the only heavy mech with a bonus that worked in pvp and pve. Purgatory started a topic about shieldbonus of the seth - it got changed to a questionable bonus that turned the gropho now into the only heavy mech with a bonus that he cannot use in pve and pvp?

back to my initial post: whats next? all the blue bots got a repair bonus which is absolutely useless if you dont fit a repair module. should that one changed to... accumulator bonus too?

vagabonds and zeniths - when i see them, they always got a shield - the repair on vaga, or the resists on zenith are completely useless in that case. and the Ictus is the only ewar that has a shield bonus! CHANGE ASAP!!

same is true for: riveler, symbiont, sequer and lithus...

Next will be firearm bonus on termis big_smile

Alexadar wrote:

That's crazy Alex...its clearly a EM boat.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011

Alexadar wrote:

Please I really want to make my termis have Kill Mails please. Neuts and Firearms bonus roll

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

41 (edited by Hunter 2011-11-09 13:38:17)

I checked and my opinion: Bonuses and characteristics Gropho perfect. Thanks to developers for a rare balance. Rebalance is needn't.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

42 (edited by Calio 2011-11-10 19:50:54)

I tend to agree with the OP.

Yes, a shield tanked Gropho can be extremely powerful. No argument there, at least from me.

But, that requires prolonged coordinated key smashing in order to happen and if I wanted to spend my time key smashing I'd play a console game instead of perp - at least in a  console game the coordinated button smashing has more intersting results.  More to the point, I don't play console games beause coordinated button smashing is a PITA and not fun.

As for pve, the problem isn't that a gropho isn't as effective in pve as in pvp, it's that you have to waste a leg slot in order to farm npcs.

In pvp, even if playing a single account, in a group you can usually count on someone to rr you when your timing is off and the occasional hit gets through the shield.  If you are doing pve solo, there is no rr.  So, you either have to waste a leg slot on a repper (on top of the leg slot for the shield), or periodically go to the station to repair the armor damage that will slowly accumulate when your coordinated key smashing timing is off.

43 (edited by Norrdec 2011-11-11 16:18:48)

Not everything has to work for PVP and PVE. Looking at the fact that you want constant damage with PVE, I do have to agree that it's useless.
But in PVP you dont have to constantly button mash, just turn the shield on when you are under fire.
Also not everything has to be the same for everything in the race (like bonuses).
If you are thinking that way, the Vaga should have DAMAGE, ARMOR REPAIR and TURRET FALLOFF. Makes sense? Not really. Would that be in-line with all of the Nuimqol? Yep.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

At this "button smashing" thing.

Just please remember not all builds are suppose to be "easy mode" for everyone.

If you want a simple fit for your simple mind just use a LWF wasp at range.  OR better yet use a Tyr. at range.

OR better yet use a Grohpo at range.

WOW that was easy...no shield and you still shoot at 800 meters.

Just because you cant use it effectively doesn't mean it CANT be used effectively.
Please dont punish the sever for your inability to play the game at a higher level then everyone else.

Just Sayin

nonono, balance means everything ingame has to work for everything in the same manner in every situation.

Um, what is wrong with the Gropho again? It's argueably the best heavy mech in-game, Seth is closely up there while Mesmer is pretty much useless / coffin on legs.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

47 (edited by Calio 2011-11-12 21:07:01)

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:

But why should the top-of-the-line bot be easy for 2/3 and a PITA (not hard, just a PITA) for 1/3? That's balance?

edit: I wonder how many Mesmer drivers would like it if the armor rep bonus only ticked for them when their guns weren't firing, or how many Seth drivers would like it if their accu bonus only worked while turtle tanking?

48 (edited by Purgatory 2011-11-12 21:38:10)

Calio wrote:
0110011100001111001010001 wrote:

But why should the top-of-the-line bot be easy for 2/3 and a PITA (not hard, just a PITA) for 1/3? That's balance?

edit: I wonder how many Mesmer drivers would like it if the armor rep bonus only ticked for them when their guns weren't firing, or how many Seth drivers would like it if their accu bonus only worked while turtle tanking?

Those are good ideas that will bring the balance back - Devs, if you won't change the gropho for the best, then bring the other h.mechs in line, they should also having a useless bonus unless you fit the appropriate module, and it choosing to use this module should greatly limit your build, forcing you into short range fittings, because of high cpu/reactor fitting reqs. If you don't use this spec, no 3rd bonus for you, gropho has it like this, it's only fair.

Mesmer armor repair bonus needs to only be active if you have a special lo-slot module that uses a *** tons of reactor and cpu, let's called it an armor-shield. Seth max AP bonus needs to only be active if you have a lo-slot accumulator module fitted, let's call it an accumulator booster. The only thing it does is make the seths max AP bonus apply, without it, you don't get the bonus, oh, and it should also have high fitting requirements - Just like medium shields.

thanks purgatory, for requesting the shield bonus on seth back!

and repair bonus on mesmer doesnt work if you dont fir a repair module...

Annihilator wrote:

thanks purgatory, for requesting the shield bonus on seth back!

I understand the sarcasm here, but that's exactly my point!  I didn't hear Seth drivers crying NERF!!!! when they changed what used to be the shield bonus on the Seth, and I don't see Mesmer drivers crying "Gropho is OP< give Mesmers the same shield bonus"!!!

the fact that the bonus can be made to work (in a way) and that in very limited contexts (with a very few very specific builds) it works extremely well, doesn't mean that it's well designed.

I can turn a screw with a coin, and when working in very tight spaces, the coin works better than a screwdriver.  But that doesn't mean the coin is a well designed screw driver.